all these old threads...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ojamamask

Re: all these old threads...

Post by ojamamask »

ytr191 wrote:
Oddball wrote:As for the actual topic, I love going back to some of the oldest threads (not just in this forum) and seeing what some of the ideas and characters were like before they were fully cemented.

There were some odd ideas put forward. I'm not just talking about the bad ending bloodbaths either.

One that I particularly liked and I don't recall if it was an actual dev that wrote it or it was just a tryout writing sample started with some people trying to rape Hanako. Hisao stepped in and tried to attack them and he ended up getting his ass kicked too. Then Lilly showed up and saved them both with her martial arts skills and attack dog. It was meant as a serious scene too. There seemed to be lots of fight scenes when they were still in the brainstorming phase.
My tulpa Hanako is glad that it wasnt a real scene
You could always reenact that scene for her....
LeHarlz

Post by LeHarlz »

Xanatos wrote:
Aura is now and will forever be the cute, vaguely awkward anime girl portrayed in her avatar.
If I recall correctly, that's Lilly with a different colour pallet and such (after seeing the ending credits last night).

Personally speaking, I have a lot going on in the now to think about the what-ifs that I could been part of when I was like 13 years old in 2007. My guess is that I would been a lot more grammatically incorrect and immature and not contributing anything useful being a little kid. I've thought about how awesome it would of been to be 18 back then and have a full enough understanding of the situation and help make a flipp'n sweet game, but those are just what ifs I don't go posting on a thread to distract people with. I'm into studying the fandom of this game for the projects I'm working on (I.E. the "Let's Read" and the possible Cosplay) but I'm not going to do absurd things that the directors never wanted in the game in the first place for fan works. It's just trivia. And all you know is trivia, you are a jack of all trades but a genius at none. If you're doing this out of trivial pursuit, it's funny because it's a board game. haha. I see my jokes are boring you., the journey only leads to sadness. If you're doing this to troll, get a better hobby.
You'd think you'd play Katawa Shoujo for a good amount of Katawa Shoujo before Katawa Shoujo keeps you from playing Katawa Shoujo because you're doing Katawa Shoujo in a different sense of Katawa Shoujo, but no!
50% completion and I'm already the Director of the Katawa Seiyu Project: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6818
Something tells me I need to play more KS.
Chariots Chariots
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

My guess is a lot of people figured Aura was a girl because it is stated he has heterochromia and his avatar of the gil had heterochromia, so you kinda make assumptions.
ShinigamiKenji

Post by ShinigamiKenji »

LeHarlz wrote:Personally speaking, I have a lot going on in the now to think about the what-ifs that I could been part of when I was like 13 years old in 2007. My guess is that I would been a lot more grammatically incorrect and immature and not contributing anything useful being a little kid. I've thought about how awesome it would of been to be 18 back then and have a full enough understanding of the situation and help make a flipp'n sweet game, but those are just what ifs I don't go posting on a thread to distract people with. I'm into studying the fandom of this game for the projects I'm working on (I.E. the "Let's Read" and the possible Cosplay) but I'm not going to do absurd things that the directors never wanted in the game in the first place for fan works. It's just trivia. And all you know is trivia, you are a jack of all trades but a genius at none. If you're doing this out of trivial pursuit, it's funny because it's a board game. haha. I see my jokes are boring you., the journey only leads to sadness. If you're doing this to troll, get a better hobby.
If I recall correctly, Weee was 14 when it all began back in 2007. That time, I didn't even know about the existence of 4chan. Still, it's impressive when someone takes such long-term responsibility at a so young age. If it was me, I would leave after about 6 months, given I believe it was hard to make everything run smoothly in the beginning.

And, for me, the devs will always be the avatars I see them on the forums, what this post in Dev's Blog says, or just what I imagine them to be, and all of them seems to be really, really nice to spend time producing a masterpiece.
Xanatos wrote:Shinigami...Kenji. Oh, you poor guy. You have my sympathies. :lol: But at least with you around, our supple Japanese women won't be raped by lesbians. :mrgreen: ...Actually, that'd be pretty hot

:lol:
Avatar made by OtakuNinja. Yeah, it would be pretty badass if it happened, don't you think?