KS Music that gets to you

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Camoufrage

Re: KS Music that gets to you

Post by Camoufrage »

Xanatos wrote:Hokabi is my exercise music...
Real men listen to this

hernytan
Location: A place where benevolent dictatorship is practice and not theory

Post by hernytan »

Camoufrage wrote:
I think in general KS had much better low, dramatic, and sad songs than it did upbeat ones. I just don't like the happy music in KS
How about Parity and Generic Happy Music(can't believe they kept that name)? Those are quite nice ones
But yes, Nicol is quite gifted in creating sad songs. Innocence and Breathlessly are the best examples
ShinigamiKenji wrote:
Camoufrage wrote: I think in general KS had much better low, dramatic, and sad songs than it did upbeat ones. I just don't like the happy music in KS
I won't say I dislike the happy ones (Parity is very nice to listen to, and Hokabi once managed to cheer me during running), but the sadder (or maybe calmer, don't know) ones really seems better. Personal favourite is Painful History; brings me the such feels that pretty much stop whatever I'm doing. Moment of Decision and Stride also bring me feels, just not as strong. Three Stars has a nice melody, though is too short.

Speaking of music, when is Focus played? One of my favourites, though I never spotted it ingame.
I think Focus was just music they used for the trailer(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Um3ZsL3tQ), it's not used in game as far as I know
Shizune=Rin=Emi=Hanako=Lilly
It's a great game guys, stop arguing over who is best they are in order of my preference if you must know
Oh, and Misha >> Everyone else ;)
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

hernytan wrote:
Camoufrage wrote:
I think in general KS had much better low, dramatic, and sad songs than it did upbeat ones. I just don't like the happy music in KS
How about Parity and Generic Happy Music(can't believe they kept that name)? Those are quite nice ones
But yes, Nicol is quite gifted in creating sad songs. Innocence and Breathlessly are the best examples
ShinigamiKenji wrote:
Camoufrage wrote: I think in general KS had much better low, dramatic, and sad songs than it did upbeat ones. I just don't like the happy music in KS
I won't say I dislike the happy ones (Parity is very nice to listen to, and Hokabi once managed to cheer me during running), but the sadder (or maybe calmer, don't know) ones really seems better. Personal favourite is Painful History; brings me the such feels that pretty much stop whatever I'm doing. Moment of Decision and Stride also bring me feels, just not as strong. Three Stars has a nice melody, though is too short.

Speaking of music, when is Focus played? One of my favourites, though I never spotted it ingame.
I think Focus was just music they used for the trailer(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Um3ZsL3tQ), it's not used in game as far as I know

I actually felt Generic Happy Music blew goats.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Magnenntae

Post by Magnenntae »

I can't say I'm really into any of the music, but I do think all the tracks did their part well.

Red Velvet & Raindrops and Puddles sound the best to me, from an objective point of view. On the other hand, songs like Moment of Decision and Letting My Heart Speak make me feel miserable, and miserably sentimental, respectively.
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

ShinigamiKenji

Post by ShinigamiKenji »

hernytan wrote:

(...)

Just watched it. Thanks for the info!!
Magnenntae wrote:I can't say I'm really into any of the music, but I do think all the tracks did their part well.

Red Velvet & Raindrops and Puddles sound the best to me, from an objective point of view. On the other hand, songs like Moment of Decision and Letting My Heart Speak make me feel miserable, and miserably sentimental, respectively.
Sorry foy being nosy, but why miserable? It surely makes me reflect upon my life and being, and it's not a happy moment, but it also makes me determinate to be better.
Xanatos wrote:Shinigami...Kenji. Oh, you poor guy. You have my sympathies. :lol: But at least with you around, our supple Japanese women won't be raped by lesbians. :mrgreen: ...Actually, that'd be pretty hot

:lol:
Avatar made by OtakuNinja. Yeah, it would be pretty badass if it happened, don't you think?
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

Stride is my absolute favorite in the OST. It's always riding the balance between chilling and OH FUCK END OF THE WORLD.
... Danger.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Anyone else think that 2x400m Relay would've been an incredible song if it had kept the original tempo and continued on without losing pace? There's more inspiration in those first 15 seconds than most of the other songs have.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Hongu

Post by Hongu »

Well, if 'gets to you' is defined as 'makes you feel emotion', then that title definitely goes to Shadow of the Truth. Something about it just haunts me and makes me re-evaluate every decision I have made within the game. Basically, it's a sign within the game that something bad is going to happen. And when it does, you will be left broken, staring at your computer screen as it plays, repeatedly echoing within your brain.

.... Or maybe I'm just looking too deeply into it. xD
Tununias

Post by Tununias »

Out of the Loop.
There's just so much emotion I can't stand it! :cry:

Ok, in all seriousness, pretty much all of the music gets to me. I guess Innocence, Letting my Heart Speak, and Moment of Decision.

One of my hobbies is coloring anime style linearts. My avatar is the first lineart I've colored.
http://tununias.deviantart.com/
Quantum Toast

Post by Quantum Toast »

Mostly Damage, Caged Heart (especially this one, for some reason), Aria de l'Etoile and Shadow of the Truth.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Quantum Toast wrote:Mostly Damage, Caged Heart (especially this one, for some reason), Aria de l'Etoile and Shadow of the Truth.
That does get to me. But those are so depressing I try not to listen to them...unless im pissed.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

All the depressing and sad music all the best. I kinda like music in the minor key better than songs written in a major key.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Snow_Storm wrote:All the depressing and sad music all the best. I kinda like music in the minor key better than songs written in a major key.

This a thousand times over. With the special exception of good songs, bubbly major key songs make me want to slit my throat and drown puppies in the runoff. When my favourite genre of music was folk music, major key songs were everywhere. The best ones were the sad and slow ones.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Painful History - This is the first of the OSTs I heard. It's cold in an unfriendly way. I feel lonely. I think about losing my family one day, and how to cope with that. It also reminds me of how I felt before (See the arrow for more information)

Concord - Lilly! ♥♥♥♥♥ One of the few songs that makes me feel at peace with the world. I remember listening to it on the aeroplane in March, closing my eyes 30 minutes before we landed, and imagined how Lilly would feel. Normally I'm a little scared (claustrophobia & afraid of flying), but it actually felt like Lilly was right there beside me. And then I knew, I would be fine. Nothing would happen, and I'd one day be able to walk among the crops again. (I actually meditate out on the countryside once in a while)

Caged Heart - A cold winter. Wondering if I made the right choice. Snow is slowly falling, gathering, and melting. Just like life itself. We experience it, remember it and one day, we disappear.

Damage - Total relaxation. A life in a hospital bed. Slowly withering away. Watching the seasons change. For ever, until the end.

Focus - It's very special in its own way. Makes me think of dark green leaves, and the hectic everyday life I hate so much.

:arrow: Letting My Heart Speak - Relief~ A couple of months ago I told "my story" to a reporter at the local newspaper. She wrote a couple of pages about it and it even made it to the front page. It felt like I'd been reborn. Even though I was anonymous, my parents recognized parts of it and we discussed it for a very long time. I even recieved apologies from a couple of old classmates. Now I don't have to bear this burden anymore. It has affected my life a lot, and I might never be the same again, but now I don't have to keep it a secret anymore.

Lullaby of Open Eyes - The scene with Rin in the classroom. It makes me relax. I once fell asleep on a blanket outside, in the sunlight. When I woke up it was sunset and my body was all cold and numb. It was a magical moment. It felt like I saw another world. A peaceful scenery.

Stride - Reminds me of all those happy days in 9th grade, when I had friends.

Moment of Decision - At first, I didn't feel anything special. But after making the decision in Shizune's route I feel like a total ass when listening to this. (Yes, I unknowingly picked the bad ending... >.<')

Shadows of the Truth - It makes me feel regretful. Like; I could have done better in life, but I didn't, and now I've lost all I ever cared about.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)