Favorite Characters? Why?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Favorite Characters? Why?

Post by Xanatos »

DrShikura wrote:I think, before I start Lilly's arc, I'm going to go back through Emi's and Hanako's and witness the bad endings first. My only problem with this, is, them, being my favorite characters, if they cry, It'll hurt. A lot. ....FML

In my experience, Emi's bad ending is more of a sullen depression (followed by an extra hard kick in the side when during the last scene, she's way too cheerful about everything going horribly wrong)...Hanako's is breaking open the floodgates of your eyeballs.

And this isn't much of a spoiler but they don't cry much...You'll wish they did though. GOOD LUCK!

Oh. And don't forget, Hanako has a neutral ending. :P
Last edited by Xanatos on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Camoufrage wrote:Hisao. He is the smartest, most reasonable and relatable character I've seen in a VN. He makes all the Choices you would. Always makes the right decisions and knows how to react and communicate with the various girls...

sarcasm
Actually i could without irony call Hisao the smartest visual novel protagonist i've ever seen.
Really fucking depressing thought, isn't it? I mean he's sort of a laymen with moderate intelligence but he looks like Heisenberg compared to most protagonists i could name. It's always bothered me that protagonists tend to be on the rock stupid side and having someone smart enough to know not to put his dick in an electrical socket really was a relief.
At least until i got to the Rin arc and just kept shouting at the dumbass.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Camoufrage wrote:Hisao. He is the smartest, most reasonable and relatable character I've seen in a VN. He makes all the Choices you would. Always makes the right decisions and knows how to react and communicate with the various girls...

sarcasm
You fool! Matoko from School Days is obviously the best VN hero!
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Pyramid Head wrote:

sarcasm
Actually i could without irony call Hisao the smartest visual novel protagonist i've ever seen.
Really fucking depressing thought, isn't it? I mean he's sort of a laymen with moderate intelligence but he looks like Heisenberg compared to most protagonists i could name. It's always bothered me that protagonists tend to be on the rock stupid side and having someone smart enough to know not to put his dick in an electrical socket really was a relief.
You owe me $3 for the coffee that's now on my lap
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I suspect lots of people don't find Hisao to be relatable because his situation isn't relatable to a lot of people. (how many people have experienced long-term hospital stay and being diagnosed with a lifethreatening condition before being dropped off at a completely new school and a completely new life?) Or rather, they expect him to get over it the moment Act1 starts despite the fact his situation isn't known for its getoveritability. In truth, Hisao isn't really any more dumb than any of the other main characters in KS, but since he doesn't have lady bits, people aren't as forgiving and tend to completely overlook the lengths he goes through for the various girls while focussing on the missteps he makes.

As for favorite character, Hanako. Sweet, cute and just a little bit geeky.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

I like Hisao quite a bit. I was somewhat like him at that age, though he is much more socially adept than I ever was. He sometimes does the wrong thing, but Hisao doesn't have the benefit of detached analysis that we do looking over his shoulder. He's in there living it.

Hanako is my favorite character. I like her hidden strength, her retiring bookish nature, her concern for others over herself, her constantly turning thoughts, her cute fashion sense, basically everything squeeeeeee. :oops:
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Revvy

Post by Revvy »

Rin - There's just something about her. She's the kind of girl i could hang out with all day.

Akira - Mah Waifu. I wish there was more of her in the VN.

Hideaki - Everybody's favourite trap, some of the scenes with him are hilarious. #IfIt'sPrettyNailIt

Shizune - A lot of people don't like her for some reason, but her personality to me is amazing.

Kenji - No explanation needed.
So...Revvy enjoys lemon lube then? -Xanatos
(Yes I Do.)
Currently Reading: Scissorlips' Suzu Route.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Emi, emi, definitely Emi! She's the only reason why I took up jogging and lost all this weight. I don't get inspired much by 2-d characters but Emi hit meh hard and inspired me to get off my lazy ass and do some actual work. (like not givin' up when tired coz of makin' ads all day is tiring.)

next is Rin, she's the one who inspired me to chill and be lazy...it all even out for me now. wahaha (Taught me a lot of things about relaxing and how to get things off of your mind when things get busy at the office.)
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
random

Post by random »

Jigoro - the epitome of manliness
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

random wrote:Jigoro - the epitome of manliness
Jigoro? That's a funny way to spell "Hideaki". :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Xanatos wrote:

Also a funny way of spelling "Samurai bear-man dad"
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Breaker deGodot

Post by Breaker deGodot »

Pseudogenesis wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

Also also a funny way of spelling "Kenji".
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion."
-Francis Bacon
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Breaker deGodot wrote:Also also a funny way of spelling "Kenji".
"Kenji" is a funny way of spelling "Misha's drills".

Manliest character ever. :P
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Breaker deGodot wrote:
Pseudogenesis wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

Also also a funny way of spelling "Kenji".
Kenji is a dad? May Science have mercy on that kid's soul.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

The twist in all of this is that the best character in Katawa Shoujo is, in fact, Shizune's ellipsis. Or Nurse during Emi's arc. That guy could totally be a bro.