Former Sisterhood thread

WORDS WORDS WORDS

pandaphil

Re: Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) (Completed)

Post by pandaphil »

That's true. I mean, look at her in Lilly's route. She makes two new friends, helps out with the school paper, and decides to go travelling cross country during school break. That's a HUGE breakthrough for someone like her. And a sure sign that if shes with someone she trusts, she can overcome her fear.
Last edited by pandaphil on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

I do hope that she can sustain her high spirits after the finale. Girl, you've already kissed a boy in broad daylight, and without feeling the need to hide your scars. Please don't crawl back into the library beanbag.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I think there'll still be quite the culture shock after she graduates. Especially in a country like Japan where depression is regarded as a sign of weakness and obsession with conformity often reaches levels that would make westerners scratch their heads. I think Hanako is someone who can face her fears when she's doing well, but who's also vulnerable to relapses when faced with sudden adversity and who has to make a concious effort to keep her self-esteem in check.
Last edited by Guest Poster on Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Guest Poster wrote:I think there'll still be quite the culture shock after she graduates. Especially in a country like Japan where depression is regarded as a sign of weakness and obsession with conformity often reaches levels that would make westerners scratch their heads.
Hopefully, Akira will pull some strings to get Hanako over to Scotland. Inverness is no Glasgow, but there are times where I wished Hanako was just a bit more violent.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

YZQ wrote:
Hopefully, Akira will pull some strings to get Hanako over to Scotland. Inverness is no Glasgow, but there are times where I wished Hanako was just a bit more violent.
That is a brilliant idea sir!
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Out of curiousity...did you complete the story? :)
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

YZQ wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:I think there'll still be quite the culture shock after she graduates. Especially in a country like Japan where depression is regarded as a sign of weakness and obsession with conformity often reaches levels that would make westerners scratch their heads.

He he, soccer riot Hanako? Although a soccer riot would be a very bad place for Hisao.

Although it'd take a very long time for Hanako to ever be truly comfortable in public or around strangers, I think she'd take far less time with those she knows. Especially Hisao. Course it's hard to think of anything too kinky those two would get up too. Then again we didn't see Lily's Healthy adolescent sex drive coming.
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Guest Poster wrote:
Out of curiousity...did you complete the story? :)

Umm, actually no. I was a little afraid of dredging up all those emotions again. But after your comment, I decided I'd better get back to it. I just finished Chapter 8 and started on 9.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Negativedarke wrote:
YZQ wrote:

He he, soccer riot Hanako? Although a soccer riot would be a very bad place for Hisao.

Although it'd take a very long time for Hanako to ever be truly comfortable in public or around strangers, I think she'd take far less time with those she knows. Especially Hisao. Course it's hard to think of anything too kinky those two would get up too. Then again we didn't see Lily's Healthy adolescent sex drive coming.
Then again, it is likely that Hanako might be mistaken for a badass in Scotland, as the Scots are likely to think that she got her scars due to gang-related violence and not an accident.

Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Umm, actually no. I was a little afraid of dredging up all those emotions again. But after your comment, I decided I'd better get back to it. I just finished Chapter 8 and started on 9.
The reason I asked was YZQ's comment was a reference to part of the story and you didn't seem to have caught that. :)
Then again, it is likely that Hanako might be mistaken for a badass in Scotland, as the Scots are likely to think that she got her scars due to gang-related violence and not an accident.
Not all that likely actually. Her scarring may be open to interpretation, but her body language is anything but badass and people are able to notice Hanako's insecure posture long before they get close enough to even notice her scars.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

True, the body language is a dead give away. But, a drunk Scotsman on the other hand....

pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Of course the big benefit is she'd be treated with a lot more sympathy and less like a social leper than she would in Japan.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Guest Poster wrote:
The reason I asked was YZQ's comment was a reference to part of the story and you didn't seem to have caught that. :)
Not all that likely actually. Her scarring may be open to interpretation, but her body language is anything but badass and people are able to notice Hanako's insecure posture long before they get close enough to even notice her scars.
I myself didn't catch the reference, but it's been a while since I read the story.

Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Then it was a coincidence. It's what happens almost at the end.

Lilly asks Akira if she could convince their parents to let Hanako and Hisao come along to Scotland with her during summer break. Akira promises she'll do what she can.
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

Violent Glasgowien gang member could be a bit of roleplaying for Hisao and Hanako.
Hanako- "Come on and have a go if you think your hard enough!"
Or not.

Speaking of reactions to Hanako's scars, there's always the question of what will happen when she meets Hisao's parents. I plan to address that in a fan fic at some point. It's definitly got some intreguing possibilities. Though I would hope the following wouldn't happen...

Hisao's Father- "So you must be Hanako, Hisao's told us so much about you- Good lord what happened to your face!?"
Hisao's Mother- "Dear don't be like that. You know it's what's on the inside that counts. Hmmn, hips could be wider. You have a healthy uterus and ovaries right? Won't have any problems bearing children? You might want to get right on that considering Hisao's condition."
Hisao- "Well this is going better than I expected."
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"