Well...That was awkward...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Pseudogenesis

Re: Well...That was awkward...

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Xanatos wrote:
Pseudogenesis wrote:
>>Shoot heroin into eyeballs and begin ranting about clouds stealing your thoughts<<

I really should start writing VNs.
KS actually got me to try doing just that. My ambitions to be a proper author died so my writing could use an outlet.

I appreciate the sentiment, but that was a joke. :p
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Pseudogenesis wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Pseudogenesis wrote:
>>Shoot heroin into eyeballs and begin ranting about clouds stealing your thoughts<<

I really should start writing VNs.
KS actually got me to try doing just that. My ambitions to be a proper author died so my writing could use an outlet.

I appreciate the sentiment, but that was a joke. :p
What sentiment? :P I'm making a VN. Nothing sentimental about it. :mrgreen:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

For the love of all that is stoic and in flowery dress, download Twine and get cracking.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

WorldlyWiseman wrote:For the love of all that is stoic and in flowery dress, download Twine and get cracking.
...That was a strange saying. And I was just gonna use...Hell, I forget what it's called. Ren'andstimpy or something.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Xanatos wrote:
WorldlyWiseman wrote:For the love of all that is stoic and in flowery dress, download Twine and get cracking.
...That was a strange saying. And I was just gonna use...Hell, I forget what it's called. Ren'andstimpy or something.
I read that as Rin and Stimpy.

rinshot.mp4

I think I might need some time away from KS.
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Pseudogenesis wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
I read that as Rin and Stimpy.

rinshot.mp4

I think I might need some time away from KS.
Rin and Stimpy...Stimpy...Stumpy...Arm stumps...Rin and Stumpy...Rin's nickname should be Stumpy...

I'm a terrible person... xD
yummines

Post by yummines »

Xanatos wrote:
yummines wrote:
Tununias wrote:Traps are scary. :cry:
I remember just the other day...
well one time at Anime Expo my friend danced with a trap and felt "her" up.
yep, the two of us who went with him still give him shit for that, though not that much because he was on some medication.
:lol: Poor guy. I myself wouldn't mind terribly if it was a well-done trap. Which Hideaki is, hence the mental reaction in the OP. xD
to be fair, he was wearing a Chinese dress that looked like a character from Dynasty Warriors

still, my friend Ryuji and I being asian are used to seeing guys that look like girls so we spot traps pretty easily
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

yummines wrote:to be fair, he was wearing a Chinese dress that looked like a character from Dynasty Warriors

still, my friend Ryuji and I being asian are used to seeing guys that look like girls so we spot traps pretty easily
Aw, I wish I were Asian. You guys have neat names. :cry:
yummines

Post by yummines »

Xanatos wrote:
yummines wrote:to be fair, he was wearing a Chinese dress that looked like a character from Dynasty Warriors

Aw, I wish I were Asian. You guys have neat names. :cry:
personally, i prefer japanese names over korean ones. mine is Yong-Chan. even now it still seems kind of weird to hear it, not even my parents call me that anymore (have an english name).

id rather be Russian.

id love to have a name like Vladimir or Raskolnikov
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

I'd rather be asian purely because I've always had an inexplicable attraction to asian girls, despite being white. (And no, it's not because I like anime. I don't even really like anime.)

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Pseudogenesis wrote:I'd rather be asian purely because I've always had an inexplicable attraction to asian girls, despite being white. (And no, it's not because I like anime. I don't even really like anime.)
Also a good reason.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

I feel like the only reason I can justify my attraction is something like this:

I swear, Christina Lee is the prettiest woman alive.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Pseudogenesis wrote:I feel like the only reason I can justify my attraction is something like this:

I swear, Christina Lee is the prettiest woman alive.
Asian girls in general are attractive but that's definitely a good example. xD
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

If I wasn't a white American...I'm torn between India and rural Ireland. Modern India is cosmopolitan in a way the US isn't, and there's something romantic to me about living in a small village where everyone has cute accents. I could get either of those elsewhere, but hey, I had to choose.
Xanatos wrote:
I used that saying because "Hidaeki, the VN" needs to exist. Ren'py is cool stuff, I just like Twine because you can just pound out a CYOA without having to think about sprites and music and stuff, and distribute it in a way that doesn't require your buddies to download and execute anything. Getting started is the most important step.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

WorldlyWiseman wrote:If I wasn't a white American...I'm torn between India and rural Ireland. Modern India is cosmopolitan in a way the US isn't, and there's something romantic to me about living in a small village where everyone has cute accents. I could get either of those elsewhere, but hey, I had to choose.
Xanatos wrote:
I used that saying because "Hidaeki, the VN" needs to exist. Ren'py is cool stuff, I just like Twine because you can just pound out a CYOA without having to think about sprites and music and stuff, and distribute it in a way that doesn't require your buddies to download and execute anything. Getting started is the most important step.
From a look at some of the stuff made with Twine, it's less for VNs and more for those annoying fictions where you have to examine 5000 things to progress. xD

I'll hammer out a script and story in time. For art and music, I will have to seek help.