Speculation about rivals...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Bathunter07

Speculation about rivals...

Post by Bathunter07 »

I was just working on a script for a story of my, and I just realized something about Katawa Shoujo while writing that. There is no competition what so ever for the girls.
In an actual school setting, that's just plain unlikely, especially for someone like Lily. There should be all sorts of back-stabbing and conflicts and stuff. Not that Katawa Shoujo needs it. High School teenage bullcrap drama's not the focus. But that won't stop some good speculation, now does it?
So, let speculate. What types of rivals would each girls attach, and how would Hisao (or you) deal with them. How would they tie into the story. Etc etc...

I go first, having the joy of the opening post and all.

Lily- Lily is the idea of the prefect woman to many (hell, even the blindness would get people going. "Oh, look, she has to be dependent on me!". Why yes, I do have a low opinion of most other people. Why do you ask?). Trying to list all of the ones would be mind-boggling.

Hanako- I think the scars are too off-putting, through I do know at least one guy (who is a major White-Knight.) who would probably go for her. Of course, in a sense of story, having a White Knight rival would probably make Hanako too hard to approach for Hisao. That, and it make the moral a tad too obvious.

Rin- I can't think of any. No, Nomiya doesn't get to be a rival. I refuse to have that mental image.

Emi- Hmm...probably just some typical sport jock. Then Emi punts him/her/it/hir/other. Yeah, I don't really see anyone being a rival for Emi, since she would push them away. Unless the person was a stalker.

Shizune- ...If you already played the route, you know speculation about this is pointless.
My OC: Lucius something something. Him in a nutshell.
“And then, genius happened. And by genius, I meant that I had set myself on fire again. Where is that damned fire extinguisher?”
“Do you the difference between me and a rocket scientist? A rocket scientist has a bigger budget. And protective gear.”
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Fitting Music:

Lilly - Either Hanako (due to jealously of looks and a perfect life she can't have) or some rather.... undesirable ugly lass who's dirt poor.

Hanako - White Knights. Now, you may be asking yourself "Why White Knights?" Well, during the pool hall scene, Hanako drop small hints that she hates white knights and people who feel bad for her.

Shizune - Hmm.... I wonder who could her rivals be? I'm sure it's not her blind cousin and her burnt ass best friend and the previously student council.

Emi - Miki would be a hellva rival for her. As well as some other track runners.

Rin - Would be too confused in terms on rivals.

Misha - Hisao

The L.A. Lakers - The Celtics
Helbereth

Re:

Post by Helbereth »

Snow_Storm wrote: The L.A. Lakers - The Celtics
A common misconception.

For a real rivalry, the two parties need to be on equal footing, and the Lakers don't hold a candle to the Celtics.