What third ending should Lilly and Shizune had?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Snow_Storm

Re: What third ending should Lilly and Shizune had?

Post by Snow_Storm »

ravenlord wrote:Shizune's 3rd ending:
Shizune finds out (or heavily suspects) that Hisao "comforted" Misha. Shizune is terribly hurt, but her analytical mind kicks in and works out: 1) she can lose them both by rejecting them both, or 2) she can keep them both by accepting them both. She offers this choice to Hisao and Misha, if they want to be part of a triad relationship. Misha eagerly accepts, as she still loves Shizune and she is fond enough of Hisao to make it work. Hisao's choice determines the good or bad ending (the "Don't Comfort Misha" ending being the neutral ending). If he says yes, then the three stay together forever, get into the same college, and discuss the implications of how they can continue to be together in a society that will not openly embrace that.

Lilly's 3rd ending:
Hanako and Hisao discuss Lilly leaving (the second leaving). If they both accept Lilly leaving, then queue the bad ending. If Hisao fights it, then queue the good ending. If Hisao accepts it but encourages Hanako to fight it (figuring that Hanako may have more influence than himself), then Hanako is successful in keeping Lilly in Japan. This is the neutral ending, where the three of them must now form a new dynamic amongst themselves. The implication is that the three have equalized their relationship with each other, and it leaves it up to the reader (with several different hints) on how the three continue together (with both platonic and sexual aspects up for grabs).
So basically, this is a "Ménage à trois" ending for both paths?
random

Post by random »

Brogurt wrote:
random wrote: Oh so your explanation that since police response can't be instantaneous "can't take a short stroll before becoming winded" Hisao getting there first still makes any sense?
And yours is that the plane is really really far away when I specified the exact opposite?
Either that or that you think Mr. Nakai is rendered entirely immobile.
there is no need to be upset

Aircraft making Intercontinental flights are not tiny single engine biplanes, the crash even if right in the middle of Yamaku's garden would make Mr Necktie unable to get near the immediately cordoned off disaster area

My jimmies remain unrustled
WorldlyWiseman

Re: What third ending should Lilly and Shizune have had?

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

Bad Lilly Ending -

Instead of Hisao simply forgetting to take his meds before the walk into town on their vacation, the player is presented with a choice that morning or either hurrying up and getting ready (or checking on some noise or something) or taking his time and risking annoying Lilly. The text beforehand wouldn't make it obviously clear whether or not he had taken his medication. If he slows down, he does take his pills and he never collapses on the way into town. The confession never happens and Hisao goes through an entire act of new scenes that have awkward romantic tension as Lilly slowly prepares to leave for Scotland. Game ends with Lilly taking the cab to the airport, Hisao never having loved or lost.

Roll credits.

Shizune Ambiguous Epilogue -

Regardless of what ending you get, there is a post-credits scene with an older and wiser Hisao at an airport, leaving for a job posting somewhere distant. He is looking around the airport while other passengers are boarding. At another gate across the way, he sees Shizune disembarking from her flight. She is sharply dressed and clearly here for business. She has not seen him yet, but Hisao hears someone else from outside his field of vision. It's Misha, waiting on another flight and dressed to wait for a long time (sweat pants, etc). How had he not noticed her here? Is he so wrapped up in his own affairs now?

Misha hasn't noticed Hisao either, and after a surprised squeal has skipped over to Shizune. They are mutually surprised to see each other. He can catch snippets of their conversation, but he isn't watching them talk so much as watching Shizune's face and remembering her from all those years ago. After they chat animatedly for a minute or two, Shizunes eyes flick in Hisao's direction by accident. They make eye contact. Misha, wondering what Shizune is looking at, turns Hisao's direction. Hisao hears the call for him to board. The game ends before any of them make an expression.

Roll credits

Really bad Shizune End -

During the trip to Shizune's home, there is a new choice to go shopping with Shizune and Misha. Hisao and Misha get separated from Shizune by a crowd of people in a costume shop. The two of them find a rubber mask that looks strangely like Shizune's face, hair, and glasses. Misha snatches it and goes to pay while Hisao decides to go find Shizune. Hisao forgets about the mask until Misha comes to him heartbroken and looking for comfort. If he agrees, she pulls out the mask and makes him wear it while eating her out through the mouth opening. Her hands stroke the mask's blueish doll hair.

Shizune walks in on them while this is happening. Hisao stops and looks up at her, the mouth of the mask wet.

ROLL CREDITS.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

WorldlyWiseman wrote: If he agrees, she pulls out the mask and makes him wear it while eating her out through the mouth opening. Her hands stroke the mask's blueish doll hair.

Shizune walks in on them while this is happening. Hisao stops and looks up at her, the mouth of the mask wet.

ROLL CREDITS.
:lol: You win the internet.
txalolrn9

Post by txalolrn9 »

Shizune

-She finds out about the Misha comforting

-Goes yandere and kills the both of you

Lilly

-She asks if you're religious

-You answer "no"

-She says her family is deeply religious (Catholic) and can't date a heathen like you

It only hurts when I breathe
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

txalolrn9 wrote: Lilly

-You answer "no"

-She says her family is deeply religious (Catholic) and can't date a heathen like you

[img]
Kinda ironic seeing Lilly did some thigns that the Catholic church look down upon (sex before marriage, drinking, birth control).
Granted, the Catholic Church is full of the biggest two-faced, backsliding assholes around.
Tununias

Post by Tununias »

txalolrn9 wrote:Shizune

-She finds out about the Misha comforting

-Goes yandere and kills the both of you

Lilly

-You answer "no"

Religious is a pretty generalized term.

One of my hobbies is coloring anime style linearts. My avatar is the first lineart I've colored.
http://tununias.deviantart.com/
txalolrn9

Post by txalolrn9 »

Lilly being a hypocrite? Nah, that doesn't sound like her at all

It only hurts when I breathe
horizon

Post by horizon »

WorldlyWiseman wrote:Bad Lilly Ending -

Instead of Hisao simply forgetting to take his meds before the walk into town on their vacation, the player is presented with a choice that morning or either hurrying up and getting ready (or checking on some noise or something) or taking his time and risking annoying Lilly. The text beforehand wouldn't make it obviously clear whether or not he had taken his medication. If he slows down, he does take his pills and he never collapses on the way into town. The confession never happens and Hisao goes through an entire act of new scenes that have awkward romantic tension as Lilly slowly prepares to leave for Scotland. Game ends with Lilly taking the cab to the airport, Hisao never having loved or lost.
I'm not 100% sure about this but I seem to recall that Hisao was already planning on confessing his feelings to Lilly before the trip, so him not collapsing there should only change the where and how of it.

Also, that sounds like a terrible way of triggering a bad end - a random choise that doesn't really have anything to do with the major themes of the story arc and which allows no way for the player to figure out the right option.
Surreal-mind

Post by Surreal-mind »

Lilly awesome-ending :

During the story Hisao and Lilly become really good friends, but never a couple.
In the end Hanako and Hisao go to the airport to stop Lilly from leaving.
They find her and Akira. Hisao tries to talk her into staying with them, but she refuses.
She apologizes and turns her back on them, starting to leave again.
Hanako shouts Lilly's name at the top of her lungs, making her stop right there.
After a short pause, Hanako finally gathers the courage to confess her feelings to Lilly.
Everyone is shocked, but after a long silence Lilly and Hanako start making out in front of everybody.

-Credits roll-

Bonus scene after credits: Akira is drinking heavily with a concerned expression on her face,
wondering how the hell she is gonna explain what just happenned to their parents. :lol:
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

At the risk of sounding self-aggrandizing, I think Shizune's good ending is when you play the game and then go write/read a fanfic about what happens next.

It worked for me :P

Lilly's bad ending: she was actually an assassin for the mob and kills you with a sword.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Surreal-mind wrote:Lilly awesome-ending :

During the story Hisao and Lilly become really good friends, but never a couple.
In the end Hanako and Hisao go to the airport to stop Lilly from leaving.
They find her and Akira. Hisao tries to talk her into staying with them, but she refuses.
She apologizes and turns her back on them, starting to leave again.
Hanako shouts Lilly's name at the top of her lungs, making her stop right there.
After a short pause, Hanako finally gathers the courage to confess her feelings to Lilly.
Everyone is shocked, but after a long silence Lilly and Hanako start making out in front of everybody.

-Credits roll-

Bonus scene after credits: Akira is drinking heavily with a concerned expression on her face,
wondering how the hell she is gonna explain what just happenned to their parents. :lol:
I would fucking love a short comic made from this!
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

horizon wrote:
WorldlyWiseman wrote:Bad Lilly Ending -

I'm not 100% sure about this but I seem to recall that Hisao was already planning on confessing his feelings to Lilly before the trip, so him not collapsing there should only change the where and how of it.

Also, that sounds like a terrible way of triggering a bad end - a random choise that doesn't really have anything to do with the major themes of the story arc and which allows no way for the player to figure out the right option.
I'd say it's worse than that. One theme I got from Lilly's arc was that of accepting your disability. Most of the choices have to do with you admitting that, yeah, your heart causes you problems. To make the bad end triggered by accepting your heart issues flies in the face of that theme.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
Out-All Knight

Post by Out-All Knight »

Reading the fan made endings...
These are both the most intriguing and also the most ridiculous endings I've ever read. No offense and in my opinion. Plus side, Ridiculously hilarious!

Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

Lilly's bad ending: transpose Misha's bad scene (with a few revisions to fit Hanako's personality) into Lilly's story. (And, I dunno, she walks in on them or something. I'm not sure how she finds out but she does.) And when she finds out you cheated on her with Hanako, at first it doesn't seem to affect her (although you and Hanako are really, really not sure). But when she finds out she has to leave, you find she seems relieved. When eventually you ask, she breaks into tears and goes into a "I thought I could trust you" and "I was hoping I could put this all behind me" soliloquy. When she leaves, you don't even go out to see her off. You can't get over how you hurt her.

As an epilogue, a few days later, Hanako is found dead after slitting her wrists (or perhaps something else), and then you, are found dead, hanging from a rafter.
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?