Which character did you get most attached to and why

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Carighan

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by Carighan »

Misha for me. I felt absurdly horrible after the end of Act 3, not only because of the choice, but also about her general character and all the implications about how her daily life is.

I mean, fanfic authors have well bottomed out the well of horrible ideas around the inner workings of Misha's mind, but even if I imagine it as 10% of that, that's still evil for an 18 year old high schooler. Worst, there is no actual happy ending for her in the game. There's a horrible ending and an ok-ish ending, and that's that.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Carighan wrote:Misha for me. I felt absurdly horrible after the end of Act 3, not only because of the choice, but also about her general character and all the implications about how her daily life is.

I mean, fanfic authors have well bottomed out the well of horrible ideas around the inner workings of Misha's mind, but even if I imagine it as 10% of that, that's still evil for an 18 year old high schooler. Worst, there is no actual happy ending for her in the game. There's a horrible ending and an ok-ish ending, and that's that.
I'll like to think of her as another casualty of Shizune's stubborness. She chose to stand by Shizune, and in the process isolate herself. Lord knows, Lily might have some words to guide her along.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

So is there a good fanfic out there that does for Shizune and Misha what "Sisterhood" does for Hanako? i.e. give them an emotionally satisfying ending?
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

pandaphil wrote:So is there a good fanfic out there that does for Shizune and Misha what "Sisterhood" does for Hanako? i.e. give them an emotionally satisfying ending?
It's hard to write this line in, unless Shizune admits to herself that she wants to get help to overcome her stubborn streak.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

pandaphil wrote:So is there a good fanfic out there that does for Shizune and Misha what "Sisterhood" does for Hanako? i.e. give them an emotionally satisfying ending?
There's a quite good fanfic made by ProfAllister about Misha and Hisao getting together if that floats your boat, but I haven't seen any SisterHood like fanfics for her and Shizune.
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Aside from the actual ending, you mean?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

Xanatos wrote:
Shizune's good ending was an ok-ish ending for Misha.
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Shizune's good ending was an ok-ish ending for Misha.
She's happy. Sounds good to me.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Lunacore

Post by Lunacore »

semy32 wrote:I did a search and haven't found a thread like this so here we go.

I got attached to Hanako, mostly because I'm just like her. Well, with 2 exceptions. Our house didn't burn down and I don't have burn scars. However I have ...eczema... I was born with it. It's on my hands. Just like her I try to hide it.

But since it's on both of my hands it's hard.

I feel the same way the character does.

In my elementary school days...I...got picked on because of it...and.... it hurt...

But worst thing was that people..even my classmates...didn't interact with me because of that. Some of them even said: " OH GOD WTF IS THAT ON YOUR HANDS!? SO GROSS GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!"

With the exception of a friend.
Little kids are cruel.
I must say i can relate to hanako pretty well, because of trauma.
But my favourite is Rin because she's like the ghost of art. Like a bird free but at the same time she's caged. Wow that sounded so stupid.. but i realy mean that.. She's realy what i want to be from her personality and her way of thinking, even though i can a little relate to her but i'm not that easy with sayin the questions in my head like her..
Rin -> Emi -> Hanako -> Lily -> Shizune
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Lunacore wrote:
Little kids are cruel.
But my favourite is Rin because she's like the ghost of art. Like a bird free but at the same time she's caged. Wow that sounded so stupid.. but i realy mean that.. She's realy what i want to be from her personality and her way of thinking, even though i can a little relate to her but i'm not that easy with sayin the questions in my head like her..
And Highschooler's aren't much better. That's where most of my abuse happened, and how I ended up such a broken person. So yeah, its definitely Hanako for me as well. I can relate to her shyness, her hidden anger, her lack of self-confidence, and her downright dislike of other people. Because I've felt all those things before. Still do in some cases. I admire her for making it past it and finding love, like I wish I could.

If I had a second choice, it'd be Lilly. For giving me faith that there might still be people who're good and kind in the world.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Lost In The Fire

Post by Lost In The Fire »

Hanako for me.

While playing through her arc I was reminded of how shy my girlfriend was back in high school, and how the two of us danced around an actual relationship for the longest time.
Some one-shots.
He Didn't Listen - Hanako Bad End
Observations - OC POV
Mmmmm'yep.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Hey, it's you. I liked your one-shot.
Lost In The Fire wrote:Hanako for me.

While playing through her arc I was reminded of how shy my girlfriend was back in high school, and how the two of us danced around an actual relationship for the longest time.
I did the same in my first (and last, for now) relationship. There's that saying, something about how the journey begins before the first step. I agree, but it doesn't confront the question of which parts are the hardest...in any case, romance is odd.

And if my romantic views are represented by the character I'm most attached to, which is Shizune, that should say a bit, if not a lot.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Lost In The Fire

Post by Lost In The Fire »

Umber wrote:Hey, it's you. I liked your one-shot.
Lost In The Fire wrote:Hanako for me.

I did the same in my first (and last, for now) relationship. There's that saying, something about how the journey begins before the first step. I agree, but it doesn't confront the question of which parts are the hardest...in any case, romance is odd.

And if my romantic views are represented by the character I'm most attached to, which is Shizune, that should say a bit, if not a lot.
Definitely a lot.

And yes. Romance is very odd.
Some one-shots.
He Didn't Listen - Hanako Bad End
Observations - OC POV
Mmmmm'yep.
Lunacore

Post by Lunacore »

pandaphil wrote:
Lunacore wrote:
Little kids are cruel.
And Highschooler's aren't much better. That's where most of my abuse happened, and how I ended up such a broken person. So yeah, its definitely Hanako for me as well. I can relate to her shyness, her hidden anger, her lack of self-confidence, and her downright dislike of other people. Because I've felt all those things before. Still do in some cases. I admire her for making it past it and finding love, like I wish I could.

If I had a second choice, it'd be Lilly. For giving me faith that there might still be people who're good and kind in the world.
I don't get why people are doing awfull things to other people. I just don't get it.
And i'm sure that you will find love i'm not exactly sure how its written in english but theres this slang .. 'Für jeden Topf gibt es einen Deckel.' And i believe in it.
And Lilly realy is a heartwarming person i guess..
Rin -> Emi -> Hanako -> Lily -> Shizune
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Emi for me. After being so wishy washy over picking a girl I though I might try Hanako (second best) I ended up going for it and on Emi's path. The story well not completely original was well done and had a good balance of comedy and drama... and Kenji. Also the sports shack :P