Which of the characters would date you?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Tomate

Re: Which of the characters would date you?

Post by Tomate »

Brogurt wrote:
Tomate wrote: Its like a parody
But I was serious.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Surreal-mind

Post by Surreal-mind »

It's difficult to be objective about this subject.
Just having the same interests as one of the girls, or a similar personality doesn't mean she's gonna fall for you.
There are also lots of other things to take into account, so no matter how you try to look at it, it's really difficult to be completely objective.

I think the only way to have a kind of objective answer would be to describe yourself, and have the other users "guess" who would try to date you. (based on the description of course).
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

I might as well finish out the rest of the characters if only to sate my own curiosity.

Shiina (Misha) would probably grate on my nerves. That said, I think Shizune would pursue me, and Misha would follow suit. I don't think she'd consider me romantically, though. I wouldn't be able to hide my discomfort at her loudness -loud people just bother me- and she might take it personally. Sadly, I think I'd only befriend her for Shizune's sake - which makes me feel awful even if it's probably true.

Yuuko, assuming we met on more even terms, could go either way. On one side, she's a bit timid and I can be unintentionally intimidating. On the other, she's also intelligent and driven - not to mention inquisitive, though she's far too polite about it. If we met casually and started talking, I think she'd find my -albeit elementary- interest in history complementary. If I didn't put my foot in my mouth and she wasn't put off by my bouts of sarcasm, we could find ourselves becoming friends. It would go very slowly, though. I get the sense Yuuko would be even more nervous about pursuing someone romantically than a teenager.

Akira baffles me, really. She's nothing like Lilly, which, considering how I think Lilly would react to me, might mean a completely different -more positive- reaction from Akira. The same borderline crude sense of humor that turned Lilly away would intrigue Akira. The fact that I wasn't an open book might make her back off, though. She seems to expect people to be as forward with her as she is with them, and I'm just not like that. I think if we found ourselves in contact a lot, something could happen. However if contact with her is as infrequent as Hisao, she'd merely see me as another oddity in her life.

Now, as for the male cast members, I'll adjust the query turning it into a 'would they want to become friends?'

Hideaki. Probably not, but maybe. I'm friendly enough, but I don't think we'd share many interests - and not just because of the age difference. I think he'd find me 'interesting', but without common ground we wouldn't have much to talk about.

Jigoro. Surprisingly, I think he might enjoy talking with me. I've mentioned elsewhere he's similar to my neighbor, and we used to get along. I think he'd like having a heated discussion with me even if he'd never admit to the enjoyment. I have a bit more respect for the struggles of previous generations than Hisao seemed to, but I don't pull punches in a debate. I'd call him out on his BS and wouldn't let him talk down to me or my friends. I have a sneaking suspicion he'd respect that. I also don't wear sweater-vests or huff glue, so those would be positive marks.

Mutau. I think Mutau is a cool character, but he seems to equate scientific prowess with potential friendships. Maybe I'm wrong, but since I was never 'into' science, I don't think he'd even notice me. If we met in some other capacity, it might be a different story, though. like I said, I don't really understand Mutau's motivations.

Nomiya. In High School, art was probably the only thing anyone knew me for. I was good at it. I didn't pursue it later, but my then art teacher thought I should (people still tell me I should, sometimes). I was probably too busy trying to get the hell out of High School to have listened. In any case, I think Nomiya might see the same thing in me as Ms. Dudley did, and he'd probably try to foster my talents. Still, I don't think I'd trust him - or believe him. If I met him now, I don't think I'd give him the chance to find out I was into art, and he wouldn't pursue a friendship as a result.

Now, unless I delve into the non-canonical peripheral characters, that covers the cast.

Of course, having written that and posted this, I realized I forgot someone.

Nurse. I kinda wish he actually had a name, but that's immaterial. In truth, I'd have reasons to visit his office every so often (reasons I won't explain - nothing serious), so we'd likely end up talking. However, since I get uncomfortable around medical staff -just a phobia- I think I'd be too evasive for him to get to know me.
Axelownz

Post by Axelownz »

I don't really know to be quite honest. I might try to guess as best i can, most of the girls probably would not go out with me due to me seeming kind of cold and private, which people said i give that vibe unintentionally before they get to know me. Really i just am a private person and i feel uncomfortable around people before i get to know them, i usually don't go out of my way to initiate conversation either. If i got past that i guess i could make a guess

Lilly - I am polite if i get to know someone, but i don't think i would share any interests with her, and would make it hard for me to make a connection with her. At most i could see her thinking of me as a decent friend, and would surprise me if anything came more. She has a pretty warm personality too, as other said i am kind of cold, she could see that as a bad thing too.

Emi - If i got talking to her, would probably tell her about me wanting to start running, which i do kind of want, and getting me motivated, so we probably would become friends because of that, and would make it easier for me having a connection to get started. I think it has the possibility.

Rin - I see that as a massive failure. Personally i think Rin is really attractive, so i would probably get a crush on her but be too nevrous to do anything. If i did get talking to her, she would probably not take interest in me honestly, i dont have much interest in art, and i would not be able to understand her. I think even a basic friendship would be strained.

Shizune - If we started being social and got to know each other a bit i think we would be butting heads too much. She is super competitive and i am the least competitive person i know. If we were in class group work we would probably be arguing the whole time about the project, her telling everyone to get to work, me telling her to relax, and making her mad. I dont even see a friendship working.

Hanako - This one i just dont know. Chances are Hanako and i would never even talk, both of us being as private as we are. If we did i think i would have a tough time talking to her and her to me. I guess i have a bit in common personality type as Hanako, but i really dont know, if i she would like me even if i befriended her.

Misha - She would probably start talking with me, probably get confused when i respond with short, calm responses, but might try to keep talking to me. If i befriended her, Shizune would probably makes things weird with our personality types.

You know this is really hard to do without being subjective, i tried not to a bit but i did. Ugh, this makes me realize how i really need to try and shake my cold and serious feeling i give off, as well as try have more conversation with people, im just not good at small talk.
Surreal-mind

Post by Surreal-mind »

Time to give it a second try !!

It's complicated with me.
Even though I have a good sense of humor, like to talk about everything, and I am also friendly...
I usually give people a really bad first impression.
I don't know why, it seems I really give off a bad vibe, people tend to think I am really bad person at first.
Even people to whom I got really close have told that they thought I was a bad guy when we first met.

Rin- No matter how much I try to figure this out I just don't know what would happen here.
I like art a lot, I also like weird things and enjoy having "weird" conversations.
The problem is that I am way too talkative for her, being the way she is she would probably see me the same way she sees Emi (annoying). If we hang out some time she might actually start enjoying my company. But as I said before I am way too chatty, I really don't know how she would react to that...

Hanako- I am 100% sure that Hanako would be afraid of me and would avoid me at all costs.

Lilly- I know how to behave properly and all, so I doubt I'd have problems befriending her.
If we hang out long enough, she would realize that I am a really good friend and we could become real close.
So... who knows ?

Shizune- She would immediately label me as delinquent and start having arguments with me all the time.

Misha- I like to talk a lot, and people tell me I have a great sense of humor.
I can't help but think that she would enjoy my company a lot and we would end up doing
the "sexy wahaha" all the time. (if you catch my drift)

Emi- I could get along with her. But I seriuosly doubt we would become more than friends.

So the only options would be Misha, Rin and Lilly.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

I draw away from the loud aggressive types, so I guess that would take Misha and Shizune out of the picture. The same goes for Emi I suppose, if you want to base this entirely on a "Who you'd hang out with in Act 1" kind of thing. I could see myself hanging out with Rin, although I haven't gone through her path so I've got no idea if we'd hit it off. Hanako of course would be far too timid if we barely knew each other, but seeing as how they're the main group that I'd want to hang out with, we might become close enough for that kind of thing to be possible. A relationship with Lilly is an odd subject to think about. I find myself heavily attracted to her calm and thoughtful personality, perhaps more attracted to her character than any of the others in the game. And yet, the thought of having a relationship with her was entirely out of my mind the whole time. I was mildly surprised she even had a route at all. Given my character, I'm not entirely sure. I can be different things for different people. I might be talkative and sociable around close friends, but when I'm alone I'm just as tranquil and thoughtful as she's portrayed to be. So I guess I can't say.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

I can see myself becoming best friends (possibly with benefits) with Shizune, but not really dating. That or archenemies (possibly with benefits? :P)

If I were placed in Hisao's exact position, I wouldn't have had the confidence to go meet all these fabulous girls and probably gone down the student council path, only slowly expanding my social circles. With a fiercely competitive rivalry between Shizune and I, we'd be set for success! Competitions including test results, classwork completion speed...
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Surreal-mind wrote:It's difficult to be objective about this subject.
Just having the same interests as one of the girls, or a similar personality doesn't mean she's gonna fall for you.
There are also lots of other things to take into account, so no matter how you try to look at it, it's really difficult to be completely objective.

I think the only way to have a kind of objective answer would be to describe yourself, and have the other users "guess" who would try to date you. (based on the description of course).
That...actually made a lot of sense.I'm starting to like yer way of thinking already wahaha
If I follow that premise, I wouldn't be sitting here typing this now would I? Roll out the carpets, we're going on a manly picnic for life!
That actually made me think I should hunt for a date soon...damn it.

anyways, since I didn't give out much of an answer on the first one. I think maybe Yuuko or Miki would work out for me. Miki's totally friendly and fun so she can drag me out of my lazy butt and have fun as well. And Yuuko's super kind so I'd definitely feel good about making her happy.Still, I want Emi. Too bad I haven't met anyone like that. There's plenty of fish in the sea mates, just keep hunting.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
newnar

Post by newnar »

What's a date?
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

newnar wrote:What's a date?
It's a like a dating sim, but harder.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

WorldlyWiseman wrote:
And more likely to result in personal injury or diseases.
Tununias

Post by Tununias »

None. I just don't see it happening.

One of my hobbies is coloring anime style linearts. My avatar is the first lineart I've colored.
http://tununias.deviantart.com/
Surreal-mind

Post by Surreal-mind »

ZXRN wrote:
Surreal-mind wrote: I think the only way to have a kind of objective answer would be to describe yourself, and have the other users "guess" who would try to date you. (based on the description of course).
That...actually made a lot of sense.I'm starting to like yer way of thinking already wahaha
I'm kind of tempted to make a thread on this :lol:
Axelownz

Post by Axelownz »

Surreal-mind wrote:
ZXRN wrote:
Surreal-mind wrote: I think the only way to have a kind of objective answer would be to describe yourself, and have the other users "guess" who would try to date you. (based on the description of course).
I'm kind of tempted to make a thread on this :lol:
I would say go for it, would be interesting.
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

WorldlyWiseman wrote:
/thread
... Danger.