Would you donate to a disabled school for children?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ravenlord

Would you donate to a disabled school for children?

Post by ravenlord »

I asked this in another post, but I wanted to get a wider take on it.

I know the devs said that they don't want to make money off of KS or merchandising, but there has to be some way to set up a KS store, to use some of the money to cover costs, and then donate the extra money to charity; like to a school for disabled children.

Where there is demand (and there IS demand), there will always be supply. I would rather see people buy from an official KS source (that goes to a good cause) rather than from an unofficial bootlegger.

If the Devs saw enough demand, then I am sure that they could work out something so that everyone wins. Is this something that the community at large would participate in (plushies, art books, music albums, tee-shirts, dakimakura, figures, etc)? You'd get some cool gear, and you'd know your money is going to a good cause.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Hisao Nakai

Re: Would you donate to a disabled school for children?

Post by Hisao Nakai »

I'd pay for a second game! :D

Seriously, great idea. Hope they actually decide to do this.
100% Completion - I <3 Lilly! - Where's the Miki Route?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Yes there's a potential market for KS merchandise that could make a decent bankroll, but I don't want to become a part-time T-shirt salesman/accountant for a game project we are already putting behind our backs. Also, we didn't make the decision to not involve money with KS because we hate money, but because involving money with a project like ours is a god damn headache, and this includes schemes like what is proposed here.

If you want to donate, then go and donate. If you want "official KS merchadise", you're out of luck.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Someguy

Post by Someguy »

No.

I'd rather adopt.
Even more if she's like Hanako
Kouryuu

Post by Kouryuu »

Well we already had our answer. I guess learning to make your own merch is the only way :cry:
Image Kaede <3
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

I hope I'm not dredging up a topic that should be left behind, but I had a thought upon reading the title.

If reading this story has inspired you to perhaps get involved, there are ways other than by donating money to offer your assistance. I can't be specific since I haven't researched it myself, but there are community outreach programs all around that are constantly looking for volunteers or professionals willing to help. Google can probably help you find something local.

You could also study to become a teacher, therapist, social worker or some other career associated with organizations that provide education and care to disabled youths. I know many of the people browsing this board are probably much younger than myself (I'm 31) and might not have a solid plan for their future, so it's certainly something worth considering.

Money is a helpful gift, but offering time can make you feel wealthy.
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Well, my main questions was not how to donate -- it was how to get KS merchandise :P I was hoping the donate option would be a nice hook, but no dice. I understand the Dev's point of view and respect it, even if I don't like it.

But yeah, there are a million different ways to donate to the community, and even specifically to the disabled and/or child community. Time and money are the obvious and easy ones.

Finding KS merchandise though -- now that's a real challange ;)
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

>disabled school
>for children
So you're saying that the school has evident problems with it, but the children are unspecified?
Is this some kind of "trickle down" vs. "trickle up" economics bait?
random

Post by random »

No, that would cut into my cripple prostitute fund
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Brogurt wrote:>disabled school
>for children
So you're saying that the school has evident problems with it, but the children are unspecified?
Is this some kind of "trickle down" vs. "trickle up" economics bait?
It is based upon the "Derek Zoolander center for kids who can't read good (and who wanna learn to do other stuff good too)"

Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

He has a point, though.

Kids are small, but not that small - even Derek Zoolander knows how big little kids really are.

When Ben Stiller dies in a comedic train-wreck, who will take his place?
random

Post by random »

not to derail the thread any further, but Ben Still is absolutely hilarious in a villain role

Dodge Ball and Anchor Man comes to mind
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

random wrote:not to derail the thread any further, but Ben Still is absolutely hilarious in a villain role

Dodge Ball and Anchor Man comes to mind
He was in Anchorman?

Has it been long enough since I've seen it to have forgotten?
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Just as the leader of the Spanish news team during the fight. A friend made me watch it the other day.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"