Antiphony (Hanako)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Brogurt

Re: Antiphony (Hanako)

Post by Brogurt »

Bagheera wrote:the incessant "I must explain my reasoning behind this decision that didn't seem to work for anybody" schtick gets old in a hurry.
I don't believe I did anything of the sort during the posting of Mendacium, but once it ran its course, yes, I did find myself at the center of a whirlpool of angst that I decided to try and explain away. Since it was, at that point, over and done with, I decided to try and clear things up.

I'm certain that most of it was just restating things that were already in the story that readers probably missed, but there was the 1.1 rewrite, the existence of which I have nobody to blame but myself for.
Wolfstein

Post by Wolfstein »

Brogurt wrote:I did find myself at the center of a whirlpool of angst
There's the other reason nobody likes him. He thinks that anybody who dislikes Mendacium only dislikes it because they are mad about the subject matter, not the wooden dialogue or the characters being majorly OOC.
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

Wolfstein wrote:There's the other reason nobody likes him. He thinks that anybody who dislikes Mendacium only dislikes it because they are mad about the subject matter, not the wooden dialogue or the characters being majorly OOC.
I'm pretty vocal about my criticism of Brogurt but the things you're claiming here aren't true. It's also worth noting that critics think the characters are OOC largely because of the content -- you can't really talk about the one without referencing the other.

(I'm not fond of his dialogue either, but it's disingenuous to act like such criticisms were a significant part of the feedback he received for the story. As far as I can tell nearly all of the hate was focused on the content.)
Girls: Emi = Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin
Routes: Rin = Shizune > Emi > Lilly = Hanako

Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Wolfstein wrote: There's the other reason nobody likes him. He thinks that anybody who dislikes Mendacium only dislikes it because they are mad about the subject matter, not the wooden dialogue or the characters being majorly OOC.
If that were true, then I'd have received similar amounts of criticism on my other works. Unless you'd try to argue that more time spent on something makes it worse.

The most likely possibility is that a lot of this criticism came from people I wouldn't be surprised if you were one of them, judging from the unbridled angst in your own posts who were hurt by Mendacium, and wanted to hurt me back. If anything less controversial had garnered similar volumes of criticism, then you might have an argument.

>nobody
>anybody
I did not use those words in that manner. Are you trying to appear illiterate?
Wolfstein

Post by Wolfstein »

Brogurt wrote:
Wolfstein wrote: There's the other reason nobody likes him. He thinks that anybody who dislikes Mendacium only dislikes it because they are mad about the subject matter, not the wooden dialogue or the characters being majorly OOC.
If that were true, then I'd have received similar amounts of criticism on my other works. Unless you'd try to argue that more time spent on something makes it worse.

The most likely possibility is that a lot of this criticism came from people I wouldn't be surprised if you were one of them, judging from the unbridled angst in your own posts who were hurt by Mendacium, and wanted to hurt me back. If anything less controversial had garnered similar volumes of criticism, then you might have an argument.

>nobody
>anybody
I did not use those words in that manner. Are you trying to appear illiterate?
See my earlier point about his only argument being 'lol u mad.' Keep calling everyone angsty bro, really helps your argument.
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Ooh, ooh, I think I can do this one.

>everyone

Since my curiosity affords me, I suppose I could ask the same question I did for Mendacium - any regrets? And did you anticipate that there would be a similar reaction?
Last edited by Mahorfeus on Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Wolfstein

Post by Wolfstein »

Mahorfeus wrote:Ooh, ooh, I think I can do this one.

>everyone
I'm sorry, you didn't use the word 'angst' or spoiler random parts of your post. To top it all off you didn't act nearly enough like an internet tough guy. I can only give you a 2 on a scale of 1 - Brogurt
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Mahorfeus wrote:Ooh, ooh, I think I can do this one.

>everyone

Since my curiosity affords me, I suppose I could ask the same question I did for Mendacium - any regrets? And did you anticipate that there would be a similar reaction?
This, just like Mendacium itself, was enjoyable to write at first, but then like I said, writer's block made it painful so I shat it out in its proto-form and I did get some more feedback of sorts.
Wolfstein wrote:Words.
You seem to be under the impression that you have an argument. You don't. I have responded, in both this topic and the other one, to well thought-out criticism cordially, and the aspies have been told to stop being mad and leave. You can't pretend that, just because you fall into the latter category, the former does not exist.
Wolfstein

Post by Wolfstein »

Brogurt wrote:ur a aspie lol.

The cycle is complete. I'm not entirely sure you know what Asperger's is, but let's leave it there before you make yourself look like an upset kid who's reaction to any kind of criticism is to call people angsty or autistic.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

>Pretending that the insult rather than the injury was the main point
no u

And you are again pretending that the former does not exist, just because you fall into the latter. The world does not revolve around you.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Please everyone/body (doesn't really matter in most cases), just stop feeding the troll.
He won't accept criticism no matter how hard you try.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

But I wasn't giving the troll any kind of criticism. I was just telling him that he's spouting the same point over and over again in hope that it might magically become true.
Wolfstein

Post by Wolfstein »

Brogurt wrote:But I wasn't giving the troll any kind of criticism. I was just telling him that he's spouting the same point over and over again in hope that it might magically become true.
He was referring to you as the troll.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh snap.

Well, I didn't think that would make any sense, since the first half of this thread was me accepting feedback before it became as bad as it is, and so was most of the entire fucking thread for Mendacium itself, and Mendacium 1.1 was entirely a byproduct of me accepting criticism, and I didn't think Mirage was dense enough to overlook every single one of these points...
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

This is getting stupid. Can we just let this shit go and move on?
Girls: Emi = Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin
Routes: Rin = Shizune > Emi > Lilly = Hanako