Favorite things about your least favorite girl?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Finn Solomon

Re: Favorite things about your least favorite girl?

Post by Finn Solomon »

I like that Shizune's trying to reach out to people and just wants to make more friends, although her brusque manner and her communication problems are putting people off. It makes her feel more like a realistic, well-rounded character. I also like that she eventually makes up with Lilly, family shouldn't stay mad at each other forever.
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

Emi's got a pretty hot mom.
... Danger.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Lilly's route being corny.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Kayo12

Post by Kayo12 »

Shizune, while I couldn't stand her in a relationship, would be an amazing friend who I could have a great time hanging out with. Not to mention she's one of the more immediately likable girls in the game.
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

I love Shizune's short blue hair and deep blue eyes, and, you know, the stockings. Hawt.

I also admire her ability to see things through to completion, and willingness to shoulder responsibility in order to make everyone's school experience better (the festival, etc.). I also appreciate that she was so friendly to Hisao, even in those paths where he turns down Student Counciling.

Finally, you've got to admire anyone who can grow up with Jigoro as their father and still be a sane, self-confident person.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
Spamamdorf

Post by Spamamdorf »

Emi wants to be a pirate when she grows up, that's pretty awesome :lol:
Route preference:
Kenji>Shizune>Rin>Lilly>>Hanako>>>>Emi
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Sae likes art...?
(She's a girl, it counts.)
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Let's see...

Lilly rides a line in my mind between love and hate. I'm not fond of blondes, as a general rule, and Shizune is kinda right about her being too lax with certain responsibilities. However, her poise and style are definite positive marks. I'm fond of her ability to 'see past' people's shortcomings, most of the time, as well. Akira is awesome, too, so Lilly gets good marks by association.

Misha is just way too chipper; even though it's a veil covering her sadness. On the surface, she's jarring and obnoxios, but there's depth to her that she hides with that bubbly exterior. Her laugh, I've often thought, would be infectious more than jarring, and she looks better in a yukata than Shizune - I'm also more fond of curvy girls. Those big, golden doe-eyes are also rather enchanting.

Emi is just too sporty for me, and the loli-look is a little disturbing. She's also very small, which would make it a logistical nightmare. Moreover, perky people usually make me wonder what they're hiding -- I was actually not surprised with the shed scene. However, her sense of humor and colorful vocabulary would still make her fun to talk with. Also, she's extremely driven despite her checkered past, which has to be a positive mark even considering it's largely based on running away from herself.

These two aren't girls, but I have strong opinions about both:

Kenji is... colorful. He's obnoxious and fanatical, loud and intrusive. Sometimes in the story, I just want to punch him for being such a dumb shit. However, he's also analytical and intelligent, as well naturally curious and introspective. As misdirected as that intellect is, its mere existence makes him endearing. He's also surprisingly easy to talk to if he doesn't think you're a feminist.

Nomiya is a bombastic, belligerent dick. Every time I see his pretentious shaded spectacles, I feel uncomfortable; and his treatment of Rin is deplorable at times. However, he does have a few redeeming qualities; namely his drive to see his student(s) succeed. He's willing to use whatever connections he has (Sae, the atelier) to see Rin succeed in her endeavors. That has to count for something, even if it turned out to be a farcical disaster.
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Hm...

Shizune: Well... uh... she...
...uh...
...she...

Misha: ...it's kind of funny that her eyes resemble the color of diseased piss? No, after the Bush Cheney gag i just can't bring myself to like anything about Misha.

Kenji: Absolutely no redeeming value, i'm convinced FourLeaf made him to try and see if they could create a character even more unlikable than Louise the Zero or Bella Swan. If he appeared in a real video game and i had the option to kill him, i'd probably recommend that video game on that merit alone because i just utterly loathe Kenji.

Okay, my favorite thing about my least favorite character i actually think of as a character and not an annoying footnote?

Emi: Despite being rightfully paranoid of men with white knight mentalities, she can be reasoned with after an awkward misunderstanding and can be much more mature than her actions typically suggest.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Ghotiheads

Post by Ghotiheads »

Shizune is driven, an likely to succeed since she put a ton of enthusiasm into her work. Not quite Emi level, but still impressive to be sure. She abrasive to be sure, but she tries her best to do what she thinks is right for people. She wants to make them happy despite not doing it too well. She also fits into the leadership role well, despite being a little extreme.

She a good character. But I like the others more.
I grammar badly, I apologize heartily on this.
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Ghotiheads wrote:Shizune is driven, an likely to succeed since she put a ton of enthusiasm into her work. Not quite Emi level, but still impressive to be sure. She abrasive to be sure, but she tries her best to do what she thinks is right for people. She wants to make them happy despite not doing it too well. She also fits into the leadership role well, despite being a little extreme.

She a good character. But I like the others more.
Maybe but i've always viewed not knowing when to give up and being more prepared to start over than to try and salvage a situation to be serious character flaws. Plus, i don't know what it is but there's always been something about Shizune that rubbed me the wrong way. After i finish the Lilly and Hanako arcs though i'm planning on experimenting with the Shizune arc and alcohol to see if loosening my expectations makes it easier for me to get over her more annoying qualities, so maybe i'll change my tune when i'm being less of an asshole.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

The one thing I like about Kenji is that I'm not forced to play as him in Hisao's place. I couldn't imagine reading reasons why each girl is a "Fucking feminist" for each of the 5 routes. I'd pick the ignorant Hisao over the mentally askew Kenji anyday.
Spamamdorf

Post by Spamamdorf »

ShadeHaven wrote:The one thing I like about Kenji is that I'm not forced to play as him in Hisao's place. I couldn't imagine reading reasons why each girl is a "Fucking feminist" for each of the 5 routes. I'd pick the ignorant Hisao over the mentally askew Kenji anyday.
I dunno man I think playing as Kenji could be freaking hilarious if done right
Route preference:
Kenji>Shizune>Rin>Lilly>>Hanako>>>>Emi
Ghotiheads

Post by Ghotiheads »

If I took a few good hits to the head and someone reminded me, I'd totally commentate a play through as Kenji without dropping character. Well maybe.
I grammar badly, I apologize heartily on this.
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Spamamdorf wrote:
ShadeHaven wrote:The one thing I like about Kenji is that I'm not forced to play as him in Hisao's place. I couldn't imagine reading reasons why each girl is a "Fucking feminist" for each of the 5 routes. I'd pick the ignorant Hisao over the mentally askew Kenji anyday.
I dunno man I think playing as Kenji could be freaking hilarious if done right
It can't be done right. It would be like playing as Stephen Colbert's satire personality without irony.
Or playing as Michael Savage if you take into account the raging ego and out of control bigotry along with the fucking stupid conspiracy theories.