Weird/silly thoughts while playing KS

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Pyramid Head

Re: Weird/silly thoughts while playing KS

Post by Pyramid Head »

~Shultz wrote:Last night, while replaying Deus Ex 3, I pictured the girls being augmented instead disabled
Bit of an interesting thought actually. Hanako becoming the protagonist to Deus Ex 4 when after the fire she becomes a guinea pig for augmentation technology, or maybe another drama where Emi switches from augmented prosthetics to her standard prosthetics to prove her prowess to herself when people begin questioning whether or not she is running that fast or it's all in her augmentations.
...no wait, that wouldn't work because whatever writer Deus Ex: Hanako Evolution ends up with would shoehorn a conspiracy theory into the fire instead of just making her the victim of a freak accident and it'd get pretty boring. Forget i said anything.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Now I kinda want a version of KS with augmented chicks...Emi could use rocket legs.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Somewhere on the shimmie there is a picture of Rin with a gatling-gun arm and a blade arm and Emi with rocket blade legs.
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Someone also did a Deus Ex fanfic on the forum somewhere.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
Xden

Post by Xden »

Slightly NSFW Variation of Rin with augmentations. http://images.4chan.org/vg/src/1342156321605.jpg
"Everyone sees what you appear to be. Few really know what you are." -Machiavelli
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Xden wrote:Slightly NSFW Variation of Rin with augmentations. http://images.4chan.org/vg/src/1342156321605.jpg
A 4chan.org logo?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

Xanatos wrote:
Xden wrote:Slightly NSFW Variation of Rin with augmentations. http://images.4chan.org/vg/src/1342156321605.jpg
A 4chan.org logo?
Copy the url, click the link, paste the URL in the address bar and go. It's an anti-hotlinking measure, that logo. Or you could try spoofing the HTTP header saying where you're reaching the image from, I guess, but that's a bit much hassle for just this :lol:

And :D I love it!
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

dwarduk wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
A 4chan.org logo?
Copy the url, click the link, paste the URL in the address bar and go. It's an anti-hotlinking measure, that logo. Or you could try spoofing the HTTP header saying where you're reaching the image from, I guess, but that's a bit much hassle for just this :lol:

And :D I love it!
Didn't work... :(

Perhaps you could save the image and toss it onto http://imgur.com/?
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

Good idea!
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Linking things from 4chan usually doesn't work because the threads tend to 404 quickly, too.
If you saved the image, upload it somewhere else, or just upload as an attachment to the forums.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

dwarduk wrote:Good idea!
...Awesome.

On the subject of Deus Ex, transhumanism kicks ass. If I could get some nanobats in there to fix my brain or some sort of cyber-arm (or eye), that'd be sweet.
Xden

Post by Xden »

Enemy | wrote:
Linking things from 4chan usually doesn't work because the threads tend to 404 quickly, too.
If you saved the image, upload it somewhere else, or just upload as an attachment to the forums.
Duly noted. I usually host stuff on Imgur, but I figured this would work. Apparently not, haha.
"Everyone sees what you appear to be. Few really know what you are." -Machiavelli
Xden

Post by Xden »

Xanatos wrote:On the subject of Deus Ex, transhumanism kicks ass. If I could get some nanobats in there to fix my brain or some sort of cyber-arm (or eye), that'd be sweet.
It would be pretty nice. The nano biomods from Invisible War would be pretty epic. No intrusive mechanical limbs, just nanotech enchancing your body. Of course there's always the question of humanity and ethics... but super strength.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Xden wrote:
Xanatos wrote:On the subject of Deus Ex, transhumanism kicks ass. If I could get some nanobats in there to fix my brain or some sort of cyber-arm (or eye), that'd be sweet.
It would be pretty nice. The nano biomods from Invisible War would be pretty epic. No intrusive mechanical limbs, just nanotech enchancing your body. Of course there's always the question of humanity and ethics... but super strength.
Humbug. Our flesh and blood is no more human than a dog's. It's the mental/emotional capacity that make humanity. If the parts can be enhanced while preserving that capacity, I say break out the nanotech.

I don't even need super strength. Just fixing what's wrong would be great, alongside potential immortality.
Xden

Post by Xden »

Xanatos wrote:Humbug. Our flesh and blood is no more human than a dog's. It's the mental/emotional capacity that make humanity. If the parts can be enhanced while preserving that capacity, I say break out the nanotech.
I don't even need super strength. Just fixing what's wrong would be great, alongside potential immortality.
I guess humanity is the wrong word then. When people start being able to hack into someone's mind because of nano tech is where we start to cross some lines. As we start to replace our normal parts with machine parts, we start to cross the line of being a living organism and being a machine. Then there are all of the social and ethical issues that come up when people who were disabled are now more powerful than those who aren't because of their enhancements. It would never be enough for humans to just fix what's broken when we can potentially make ourselves gods by replacing our bodies with technology. Somewhere along that path, our mental/emotional capacity becomes compromised. But now we are becoming less weird/silly and more philosophical.