Traceback Error (Windows 7)

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
SigSauerKraut

Traceback Error (Windows 7)

Post by SigSauerKraut »

I was playing Rin's path when suddenly the game crashes and I get this:

I'm sorry, but an exception occured while executing your Ren'Py
script.

WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified: 'C:\\Users\\Daz\\AppData\\Roaming/RenPy/persistent/actual.katawa-shoujo.com'

While running game code:
- script call at line 1564 of /Developer/Projects/ks_svn/Katawa Shoujo/game/imachine.rpy
- script at line 1222 of /Developer/Projects/ks_svn/Katawa Shoujo/game/ui_labels.rpy
- python at line 1222 of /Developer/Projects/ks_svn/Katawa Shoujo/game/ui_labels.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "C:\Users\Daz\Desktop\Misc\Browsers\DYB\Katawa Shoujo\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 260, in bootstrap
File "C:\Users\Daz\Desktop\Misc\Browsers\DYB\Katawa Shoujo\renpy\main.py", line 310, in main
File "C:\Users\Daz\Desktop\Misc\Browsers\DYB\Katawa Shoujo\renpy\main.py", line 93, in run
File "C:\Users\Daz\Desktop\Misc\Browsers\DYB\Katawa Shoujo\renpy\execution.py", line 234, in run
File "C:\Users\Daz\Desktop\Misc\Browsers\DYB\Katawa Shoujo\renpy\ast.py", line 558, in execute
File "C:\Users\Daz\Desktop\Misc\Browsers\DYB\Katawa Shoujo\renpy\python.py", line 938, in py_exec_bytecode
File "/Developer/Projects/ks_svn/Katawa Shoujo/game/ui_labels.rpy", line 1222, in <module>
File "C:\Users\Daz\Desktop\Misc\Browsers\DYB\Katawa Shoujo\renpy\loadsave.py", line 391, in save
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified: 'C:\\Users\\Daz\\AppData\\Roaming/RenPy/persistent/actual.katawa-shoujo.com'

While running game code:
- script call at line 1564 of /Developer/Projects/ks_svn/Katawa Shoujo/game/imachine.rpy
- script at line 1222 of /Developer/Projects/ks_svn/Katawa Shoujo/game/ui_labels.rpy
- python at line 1222 of /Developer/Projects/ks_svn/Katawa Shoujo/game/ui_labels.rpy.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.10.2e

WHAT DO
demonix

Re: Traceback Error (Windows 7)

Post by demonix »

First you should uninstall the game and install it in it's default location since that might be what is causing some of the problems.

I can't figure out the missing file problem since the file doesn't even exist in that folder on my laptop.
SigSauerKraut

Post by SigSauerKraut »

Followed your advice, same thing happened...

I'm sorry, but an exception occured while executing your Ren'Py
script.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Katawa Shoujo\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 260, in bootstrap
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Katawa Shoujo\renpy\main.py", line 310, in main
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Katawa Shoujo\renpy\main.py", line 93, in run
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Katawa Shoujo\renpy\execution.py", line 234, in run
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Katawa Shoujo\renpy\ast.py", line 558, in execute
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Katawa Shoujo\renpy\python.py", line 938, in py_exec_bytecode
File "/Developer/Projects/ks_svn/Katawa Shoujo/game/ui_labels.rpy", line 1222, in <module>
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Katawa Shoujo\renpy\loadsave.py", line 391, in save

While running game code:

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.10.2e
demonix

Post by demonix »

The only other thing I can suggest is re-downloading the game and installing it again to see if the original installer has mucked things up (the only other thing I can think of is grabbing the files from a install of the game I know works (that file it says can't be found actually doesn't even exist on my install) and upload them so you can see if that works).