If Katawa Shoujo was an anime...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

DH531

Re: If Katawa Shoujo was an anime...

Post by DH531 »

Snow_Storm wrote:For the opening theme for hte anime, I would imagine it will be this:

The opening of this series really reminds me of KS in terms of each girl finding love (or one girl, I stand correct) despite their short comings due to their disablitity.

And the ending

More so because it's a lovely tune, a resolution for the girl until the next episode

The final episode's ending credits theme should be this, depending on which arc is canon:

A tune of true love, really perfect for characters like Hanako or Rin.

And if the series end on a bad ending:
Megumeru wrote:uhh...are you suggesting the girls were to go to Hinamizawa and went on a psychotic killing-spree per-episode?
Somehow I can imagine it....O_o
Musique

Post by Musique »

Considering it would be like Air, Kanon, (AND NO MENTION OF CLANNAD) who would be the main "girl" in all of this?
Discuss

Lilly - Seems like a plausible choice.
Hanako - Helping Hanako through her shyness.
Shizune - Uhm.. This one is kinda hard, someone elaborate for me.
Rin - Helping Rin through her problems, not much of a "main" girl
Emi - Maybe just a person to get Hisao running into good shape, not a main character.

Anyway, no H-scenes XD.
Couch to 5k with Emi!

Week 1 D123--------Week 5 D123
Week 2 D123--------Week 6 D123
Week 3 D123--------Week 7 D123
Week 4 D123--------Week 8 D123
-----------Week 9 D123---------
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

Early on its Rin, then she leaves D:
meanwhile you become friends with lily and hanako, fellow track team member with emi and part of student council with shizune
$50 says I live more South than all of you
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

If you're going to piece the entire KS story into one, super-long anime (like those that made by KEY)...

We first look at the path that spans from point 'A' (introduction) to point 'B' (graduation) just how CLANNAD runs the NagisaxTomoya route since it spans from point 'A' (introduction) to point 'B' (family) but covers all route just the same.
Oh gee, Shizune wins by default.

So the opening credit rolls, you know this is KS, and we have the snowy scene where Hisao had his heart attack, hospitalized, and is admitted to Yamaku High. He goes to school, yada2, made friends with every girls, decides to run every morning, and eventually joined the Student Council. This is ACT I

ACT II starts with him going up to Emi, the regular (minus her antics at bed and the lemon-scented tool shed) banter between the two, before she finally opened herself up and tell him about her father. END, this is Emi's route. While 'working' on Emi's route, Hisao will--naturally--meet Rin once in awhile; this leads to Rin's route and final conclusion after the art festival and all. END, this is Rin's route.

Then we head over to ACT III and Hisao is seen conversing with Hanako and Lilly; these two will be the main 'supporting' cast for Tom--err--Hisao (much like Tomoyo and Kyou to Tomoya). Hisao doesn't really linger into Hanako's issue and Lilly's problem as much as he needs to, and decides to continue on as usual (he knows Hanako has 'xx' problem and Lilly has 'yy' problem and tries to help them, but not to such extreme extent). Hanako follows Hisao around, Lilly leaves, the issue between the mute and the deaf is solved before her leave, and we now move into Shizune's route starting with Tanabata (in this case, Hanako is present at Tanabata along with Shizune, Misha, and Hisao; Lilly left for her kilts), the visit to her house (same like before, but Lilly's presence is replaced with Hanako), and then the issue between Misha, Shizune, and Hisao.

Now on to ACT IV. Since Hanako is Hisao's primary 'supporting character', she will make a number of cameos supporting him on what he should 'do' regarding Misha and Shizune. She'll give her cheer, give him some confidence, and eventually ends the series with Misha, Shizune, Hisao, and Hanako (now accepted as an 'un'official member of the SC) raising their fists up high by Yamaku's gate, credits roll.

Following how CLANNAD works, there will be two spin-off OVAs which covers a 'what-if' route on Hanako and Lilly.
...and that is how I just CLANNAD-ized the KS series.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Megumeru wrote:super-long anime

KEY

CLANNAD-ized
And you people wonder why we keep grinding our teeth at the idea. Grinding our teeth while growling SUUUCKSSS. ;_;
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Sperance

Post by Sperance »

Clannad-ized Katawa shoujo

I... I think I threw up a little in my mouth. Seriously, I think that would be the way to leave EVERYONE unsatisfied. It would work better as an Amagami style anime but... Yeah, the arcs would probably be too short to convey the routes correctly.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Silentcook wrote:
Megumeru wrote:super-long anime

KEY

CLANNAD-ized
And you people wonder why we keep grinding our teeth at the idea. Grinding our teeth while growling SUUUCKSSS. ;_;
:lol:
At least it's good to know that KS is a huge success for you guys--who knows? Maybe it'll happen...

...maybe... :twisted:
Sperance wrote:Clannad-ized Katawa shoujo

I... I think I threw up a little in my mouth. Seriously, I think that would be the way to leave EVERYONE unsatisfied. It would work better as an Amagami style anime but... Yeah, the arcs would probably be too short to convey the routes correctly.
...everyone but Shizune fans (maybe) since she becomes canon in the series :lol:

Anyway yeah, that's why IF KS became an anime it will have to follow the Amagami-style where all the girls have their own separate route/episodes. It does not cross-over with the other routes, all endings are canon, and everybody is happy...maybe (since based on observation, even if you managed to make a glasses that allows you to play the game that answers all your cravings, people will complain about the color--and the price)

I was raging on my own when I watch CLANNAD back then and noticed Tomoyo was left on the side--she was my favorite girl in the series (followed closely by Kyou). Although after reading Tomoyo After, I can understand why but still...Nagisa? Oh well...

Now back on topic, the opening and the ending, Wiosna as opening (probably vocalized) and an ending written by Supercell (because it is never completely satisfying without Supercell 8) )

SHII-HAEL!
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Megumeru wrote: :lol:
At least it's good to know that KS is a huge success for you guys--who knows? Maybe it'll happen...

Uh, just to make sure that my statement isn't misunderstood: the adaptation you described would NOT make many (most?) of us happy.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Silentcook wrote:
Megumeru wrote: :lol:

Uh, just to make sure that my statement isn't misunderstood: the adaptation you described would NOT make many (most?) of us happy.
Yeah, it wouldn't. I know that :9

because honestly it would make my own jaw drop with discuss and disappointment due to the large amount of editing that occurred with the style.

It's like...how should I say...what F/SN made me feel for butchering a great VN into that line-up. Still, wouldn't it give you that sort of pride and accomplishment if a studio from Japan contacts you guys and request a 'counseling' for something like this? That would be a serious 'wow' factor :D

that's why a CLANNAD/FSN-style wouldn't work. It needs to use the 'Amagami SS' style to do justice

SHII-HAEL!
Aspirin

Post by Aspirin »

Personally, I'd appreciate a catchy opening, sweet and where appear all the main characters.
Something like the wonderful opening of Ojousama Kumikyoku: :)

For the ending (or as Hanako's theme) I suggest this sad song, Not Tomorrow (from Silent Hill): :cry:
FXRemastered

Post by FXRemastered »

Off topic but if it would be an anime they could make it like Higurashi, every like 4 or so episodes be a different route. Maybe end the route at an exciting point like when something bad happens, then in the 2nd half of the series do the conclusions of those (with higurashi they told the story but left so mouch out, then the 2nd half the explained what the fuck just actually happen)
ivegottogodosomthing

Post by ivegottogodosomthing »

Seems to me that Wionsa would be perfect for the end credits, not the opening. Whenever I finish a route, the song really strikes me emotionally in a way that I find difficult to explain. I suppose I'd say it forces me to come to the realization of what exactly I just went through, and to really contemplate it on a deeper level than on any part during the route, when I was more engaged in the story itself. The few times I did cry during my initial KS experience weren't until after I'd finished a route, and just sat for a few moments, letting my thoughts marinate to wionsa

As for the intro, not only does it need to be somewhat upbeat, but it needs a strong sense of emotion behind it as well, to compliment what KS is all about. Something really poppy just wouldn't be right. Something like this song comes to mind
Spry

Post by Spry »

I could imagine this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZFi6BYEWJA&feature=plcp as an opening

and the music used in this videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iySoGKqU ... plpp_video as for the end credits
Musique

Post by Musique »

Megumeru wrote:If you're going to piece the entire KS story into one, super-long anime (like those that made by KEY)...

We first look at the path that spans from point 'A' (introduction) to point 'B' (graduation) just how CLANNAD runs the NagisaxTomoya route since it spans from point 'A' (introduction) to point 'B' (family) but covers all route just the same.
Oh gee, Shizune wins by default.
So the opening credit rolls, you know this is KS, and we have the snowy scene where Hisao had his heart attack, hospitalized, and is admitted to Yamaku High. He goes to school, yada2, made friends with every girls, decides to run every morning, and eventually joined the Student Council. This is ACT I
ACT II starts with him going up to Emi...
Then we head over to ACT III and Hisao is seen conversing with Hanako and Lilly....
Now on to ACT IV. Since Hanako is Hisao's primary 'supporting character', she will make a number of cameos ....
Following how CLANNAD works, there will be two spin-off OVAs which covers a 'what-if' route on Hanako and Lilly.
...and that is how I just CLANNAD-ized the KS series.
I'll be honest with you, I am a Shizune fan, she's 2nd best to me (compared to this wonderful person over here -->)
Shizune wouldn't fit in with most of the KS community's standards. Lilly on the other hand, other than being 3rd on my list. She would fit as a main character.
Maybe Shizune's route would tie with Lilly's route. Such as how Kanon applied Nayuki and Ayu together.

But remember, I'm talking about Key's sense of direction. Are there other visual novel --> animes out there?
Couch to 5k with Emi!

Week 1 D123--------Week 5 D123
Week 2 D123--------Week 6 D123
Week 3 D123--------Week 7 D123
Week 4 D123--------Week 8 D123
-----------Week 9 D123---------
yummines

Post by yummines »

well i was thinking if it was going to be an anime, it would be something like the anime for The World God Only Knows

obviously leaving out the "capture god" and "loose souls" stuff

either that or Higurashi. when i brought up Air and Kanon i just was giving examples of visual novels that translated into anime. i could have said Bible Black for all it mattered.