I absolutely love Lilly! My first play-through and ending!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Lolzster

Re: I absolutely love Lilly! My first play-through and endin

Post by Lolzster »

acewing905 wrote: But the fact remains that she hadn't decided whether she was going to leave or not until pretty much the last moment.
exactly, its not that easy to make that kind of decision. Put yourself in her shoes, a family who you barely know on the other side of the world--- but still family..... or the person who you love most in life-----i.e. hisao, I agree that she probably should have talked to him about it but I can also fully understand why she chose not to
ImageImage
Favourite routes: Lilly>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Shizune

Most Feels in route: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Rin (frustration doesn't count as feels)> Shizune

Yes I love Lilly and hate Shizune... deal with it :)
horizon

Post by horizon »

We don't really know when she makes the decision, we can only speculate on it.
ravenlord wrote:Lilly comes across to me as a hedonist, especially in her arc. That is not a bad thing per se, but it is not very altruistic and certainly nothing to crow about.
She's definitely got a hedonistic side to herself, no denying that. But she's also (and I personally think, to a far greater extent) an altruist. She cares selflessly for Hanako, her classmates, for Hisao (when he was freshly arrived in Yamaku and stumbling about), and puts a lot of effort to help them out when she thinks they need it.
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

ravenlord wrote:Lilly comes across to me as a hedonist, especially in her arc. That is not a bad thing per se, but it is not very altruistic and certainly nothing to crow about.
I'd say more epicurean than hedonist. She doesn't live only for pleasure.

She's also a true and steadfast friend to someone much lower in the high school social order. That counts for a lot with me.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
nemz

Post by nemz »

acewing905 wrote:The "It's okay if it's Hisao" line struck me more like Hanako trying to quickly dissuade an awkward situation that she wouldn't like. At least that's the impression I got when I read it.
someone needs to read more doujins... :lol:
And "the fact that she can end up with him in another route shows there's an attraction"... If that is to be considered, then all five girls have feelings for Hisao in every route. Yikes! :?
It's obviously not automatic... you have to convince them to take an interest in act 1. Then again Hanako and Lilly's routes are nearly identical for quite a while so it's not a stretch to say that if one is interested the other probably is too. Hanako being Hanako, however, this really falls on Lilly as the chief deciding factor in both routes... will she help you connect with her friend or snatch you away for herself?
But the fact remains that she hadn't decided whether she was going to leave or not until pretty much the last moment.
We don't know that. We know she was asked to leave in Scotland before the relationship even started, and when asked for how long she's know she's leaving is the hyper-evasive "some... time". Why is she being evasive if it isn't a particularly damning answer, such as 'before I confessed' or 'after you failed at blindfold sex' ?
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Lilly
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Walrusfella wrote: I'd say more epicurean than hedonist.
The only way to know that for sure would be to know her motivation. Canon never says for sure, but Hanako in her bad ending accuses Lilly of simply pitying her becuase it makes Lilly feel good to do so. That''s a pretty heavy charge, if true, and would certainly not be considered true friendship. In this case I think YMMV, depending on each player's world view, if Lilly is selfishly helping Hanako or selflessly doing so.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Titus

Post by Titus »

Lilly comes across to me as a hedonist, especially in her arc.
She lost her virginity to her first love. She drinks alcohol at social gatherings, or a small glass of wine for lunch.

Is this too much for you guys? There are people who go much farther than this.
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Titus wrote: She lost her virginity to her first love. She drinks alcohol at social gatherings, or a small glass of wine for lunch.

It is too much when it puts your "love interest" at serious risk of their life. For Hasio, every date with Lilly is like a game of Russian roulette. That's kind of cold on Lilly's part to allow it.

Under normal circumstances with someone else she would be fine.
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
nemz

Post by nemz »

to be fair, Hisao's health choices should be his own responsibility. It's rather thoughtless that she keeps putting him in these situations (perhaps she doesn't realize the implications?) but ultimately he has to learn his own limits.
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Lilly
Scissors110

Post by Scissors110 »

nemz wrote:to be fair, Hisao's health choices should be his own responsibility. It's rather thoughtless that she keeps putting him in these situations (perhaps she doesn't realize the implications?) but ultimately he has to learn his own limits.
Agreed, and he'll never learn those limits unless he pushes himself to that point. Dangerous yes, but considering Hisao probably won't live as long as the average person given his condition, I think he can afford to take on a tiny bit of danger if it means the happiness of himself and those around him.
100% Game Completion!
Character: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Shizune>Rin
Story: Lilly>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Shizune
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

nemz wrote:
acewing905 wrote:The "It's okay if it's Hisao" line struck me more like Hanako trying to quickly dissuade an awkward situation that she wouldn't like. At least that's the impression I got when I read it.
someone needs to read more doujins... :lol:
I have. Well, maybe not a lot. But most of them, be them light novels, manga, VNs, many just don't measure upto KS. KS is more like a professional piece of work, and even the story is more serious, without sexual innuendo at every corner.
nemz wrote:
And "the fact that she can end up with him in another route shows there's an attraction"... If that is to be considered, then all five girls have feelings for Hisao in every route. Yikes! :?
It's obviously not automatic... you have to convince them to take an interest in act 1. Then again Hanako and Lilly's routes are nearly identical for quite a while so it's not a stretch to say that if one is interested the other probably is too. Hanako being Hanako, however, this really falls on Lilly as the chief deciding factor in both routes... will she help you connect with her friend or snatch you away for herself?
Then that would mean Lilly is interested in Hisao while in Hanako's route... :? Anyway, I guess if both are interested, it's fair enough that she'd try to get him for herself. That would be another realistic thing about her, IMO. Real people don't usually set someone they like up with a friend. Maybe happens rarely, but mostly only in stories.
nemz wrote:
But the fact remains that she hadn't decided whether she was going to leave or not until pretty much the last moment.
We don't know that. We know she was asked to leave in Scotland before the relationship even started, and when asked for how long she's know she's leaving is the hyper-evasive "some... time". Why is she being evasive if it isn't a particularly damning answer, such as 'before I confessed' or 'after you failed at blindfold sex' ?
She is being evasive and says "some time" because she knew that she could be potentially leaving since she got back the first time from Scotland. But doesn't mean that she had decided.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

nemz wrote:to be fair, Hisao's health choices should be his own responsibility. It's rather thoughtless that she keeps putting him in these situations (perhaps she doesn't realize the implications?) but ultimately he has to learn his own limits.
I don't think she does. Lilly has to move slowly to feel her way around with her cane. When she's with Hisao, he keeps the same pace she does so she probably doesn't think anything abut exercise.

When you go into town searching for Hanako's present, she actually gets tired quicker than Hisao does.
Then that would mean Lilly is interested in Hisao while in Hanako's route... :? Anyway, I guess if both are interested, it's fair enough that she'd try to get him for herself. That would be another realistic thing about her, IMO. Real people don't usually set someone they like up with a friend. Maybe happens rarely, but mostly only in stories.
I think the potential is there, they both treat him as a good friend, but I'm not sure Lilly ever develops those feelings past friendship if he shows that he favors Hanako. To me, if she thought he was even slightly interested in Hanako, she'd mentally label him as "Hanako's boyfriend" and try to help them develop their relationship rather than start to view him romantically on her own.
Not Dead Yet
Titus

Post by Titus »

ravenlord wrote:
Titus wrote: She lost her virginity to her first love. She drinks alcohol at social gatherings, or a small glass of wine for lunch.

It is too much when it puts your "love interest" at serious risk of their life. For Hasio, every date with Lilly is like a game of Russian roulette. That's kind of cold on Lilly's part to allow it.

Under normal circumstances with someone else she would be fine.
That's completely irrelephant to the subject of "Lilly is an addict yes/no".
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Titus wrote:
That's completely irrelephant to the subject of "Lilly is an addict yes/no".
Lolwut? I missed the Lilly addiction poll :) That's probably in the team Shizune vs team Lilly thread somewhere ;)

In this thread I am saying that Lilly basically takes what she wants for pleasure without regard for others, and then deals with the consequences later. And depending upon the particular path, she leaves a lot of serious carnage in her wake due to some ill thought and dubious choices.
Pickman's Model

Post by Pickman's Model »

Why ya'll saying Lilly's "an addict"? She has a bad habit of easily slipping into a routine when something catches her fancy, but her better judgement and self-destraint keeps her from not taking things too far... you know, like a normal human being.

I recently tasted energy drinks for the first time, since I found that it was a good substitute for coffee - 1 drink equals(for me, at least), like, 3-4 cups of coffee.
Does this newfound taste for energy drinks mean I am addicted to them? Hardly. And Lilly only drinks when she considers it appropriate, so there's nothing abnormal about her taste for alcohol, either. I'm fairly sure all the other girls have similar "ADDICTIONS", except the game dosn't make it a point to comment on those. Only reason it's brought up with Lilly is clearly that she's so prim and proper on the outside that you wouldn't expect her to display obvious enthusiasm for things of a certain nature.
R.I.P B.O'R
"He overdosed on patriotism."
-André 3000
hectoramrit

Post by hectoramrit »

Lolzster wrote:did you get that before the good?
I played through every route without consulting a guide my first time making choices as I would have made them. My first game ended with Hanako's good ending, followed by Lilly's neutral. I actually fell in love with Lilly during Hanako's story. So I ended up being quite depressed for a couple weeks after that ending before picking the game back up.