Feeling kinda burnt out on KS

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

darkrei

Re: Feeling kinda burnt out on KS

Post by darkrei »

Yeah that's the main problem...

Actually,the best way is:"fuck it I came here for the feels who care about the 100%?"
~Shultz

Post by ~Shultz »

darkrei wrote:Yeah that's the main problem...

Actually,the best way is:"fuck it I came here for the feels who care about the 100%?"
I came to KS because of KAWAII DESU

I left with feelings
The name is /V/ice~
AdventSign

Post by AdventSign »

~Shultz wrote:
darkrei wrote:As depressing as it might sounds,the best way to survive the 100% completion is to get the bad and neutral endings FIRST so you can then relax and have a good time getting all the good endings in a row.
(implying of course that you survived the bad and neutral ones)
It could be a good way, but in the middle of some paths, you start to develop feelings and maybe it makes you to not want to get the neutral/bad ending...
Yeah after I got the bad ending for Hanako....I just lost any sort of motivation to get the rest of the bad/neutral endings. Maybe it's because it reminded me of a situation that I had with an ex-girlfriend in the past years ago...it just bothered me a lot because those are the sort of things you don't want to think about with past relationships.
Ciclo

Post by Ciclo »

blank
Last edited by Ciclo on Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

If you have to, then yes take a break from KS. You arent going to hurt the feelings of the 4LS team by doing so. I absolutely loved the game, but I am taking a bit of a break myself. I plan on playing it again after a bit, a time when the stories feel a bit fresh again and it feels like the first time again.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
Cabulb

Post by Cabulb »

I'm still on my break from Lilly's story almost 3 weeks ago. It just invoked so many powerful feelings within me, that I'm unwilling to let go and want to wavour it as much as I can.

I don't know if I'll ever have the courage to go onto other stories, after this heart-felt experience. These things take time, don't rush in and take everything in at once because if you take the time you'll enjoy it more.
Kutagh

Post by Kutagh »

Maybe stop playing Hanako's path for a while? 8)

Everyone should play this at their own pace. It doesn't help anyone by continuing the story if you don't want to. You'll end up frustrated instead of enjoying the game as it was meant to be enjoyed.
Axelownz

Post by Axelownz »

I got to 94 percent back in early feburary after playing it through January, i loved playing KS and looked forward coming home after work and playing it before bed. It was nice to spend the cold winter mornings playing it. After that though my computer got all messed up and i had to restore it setting me back at 0%. I have been taking a break and haven't gone back to it yet. Makes me wish sometimes that you could just erase the memories of fiction and stuff like this to be able to experience it new again. I may try to go back through again sometime in the future though.
newnar

Post by newnar »

This is known as the emotional paralysis syndrome, commonly found whenever large doses of KS are ingested continuously without rest.
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

Hanako's route made me feel a bit burned out on the game, too. (<---not a joke, honest)
I've heard of people having very meh reactions to Shizune's path and Rin's path, whereas those were my favorites. I think each route will affect you differently depending on what you value in a relationship and how well you can relate to the personality involved. The writing style and path length are also tremendous factors. My first time down Hanako's path I wound up playing through the latter half in one sitting because a good stopping point just never came up, but I just kept wishing it would end because the girl just didn't have me that excited.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.