Deus Ex: Katawa Revolution (Complete)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Kayo12

Re: Deus Ex: Katawa Revolution (Part 4 Posted)

Post by Kayo12 »

Part 5/6

School is over, thank God, and I make my way towards the dormitory, avoiding anyone else as best I can. Seems to be the last few days I've been nothing but trouble to all my friends. I consider dropping the subject of augmentation and telling Mutou I don't have an opinion on it either way. That comes off as being a weak excuse though and I'd hate to disappoint him, but I just don't know how I should approach the subject anymore.

Just a few days ago I would have wanted to be augmented at the drop of a hat. Now, I'm not so sure.
If I was augmented, how would people see me? Would they judge me based on my augments and not on the kind of person I really was? Would they only see the machine parts and not the true me? At that point, what would the true me be; flesh or machine?

Being judged because of the augments you have seems to be just as bad as being judged or pitied because you're blind, or you're missing limbs or you can't hear.
Or because you've got a bad heart.

If I was augmented, would people treat me differently? Would Lilly be my friend if I had augmentation, would Hanako be afraid of me, would Emi think I was taking the easy way out of my problems or would Rin think I was creepy? Would Shizune treat me better just because I was augmented?

I don't want to be regarded as anything except who I really am. Would augmentation change that? Make me into a different person?
Rin's words come back to me. Would it really even be my heart? Or would I be totally heartless, running on nothing but a cold, indifferent engine?

Where would I end and the augments begin? Would I end up like Nurse, finding a healthy balance between the two, or like Shizune's Father, lost within the machine? What's the difference between that and being hooked up to a heart monitor the rest of my life? It may be smaller, but it would still be a tether to my condition, reminding me every day of my shortcomings.

Would I be able to look myself in the mirror every day and see plates of steel and plastic riveted to my chest, reminding me of the heart that was no longer there? I don't even like to think about it now or look at my pills. To see the obvious reminder every day and for other people to see it as well...I don't know how I would handle that.

I arrive at the dorms, evening beginning to wane. The common room is empty and I'm glad for it.
When I reach the hall, though, I'm greeted by a confusing sight.

Kenji is in the hall, a huge roll of aluminum foil on his hands with several boxes of the material nearby. With rolls of duct tape, he is wallpapering the hallway with the stuff, shiny side out. His door is completely enclosed in the reflective material and he is currently duct taping more to my door.

“What the hell are you doing!?” I shout.

Kenji squawks loudly, dropping the roll to the ground and hunching over in what looks to be some sort of fighting stance, leg hovering over the ground and arms akimbo.

“Who the hell was that!? Show yourself!”

“Kenji...damn it, it's me, Hisao. What the hell are you doing to my door!?“

Kenji relaxes, dropping the fighting pose. “Oh! Good! You're a lucky man, Hisao! I almost unleashed the Crane on your ass! You need to be more careful! You could end up dead if you surprise a guy when he's not expecting you. What are you doing back so early? You usually hang out with one of those wretched bitches after school!“

I sigh and calm myself down, my heart already beginning to race. “I'm not in the mood right now, Kenji, what are you doing to my door?“

Kenji fumbles a bit on the ground, looking for the roll of foil. He finds it and stands back up. “Protection, brother! I've been having some really weird dreams lately, so I think the enemy is using some sort of dream control device to manipulate my sleep patterns! Feminists won't even let a guy get a decent night's sleep! So, I'm lining the hall with this signal dampening reflective sheet to prevent them from getting inside my head! Don't worry, I was just about to move onto your room! I was going to get the door first. I though it would be rude to pick the lock and walk right in! A man needs his privacy, right?“

“Kenji....” I smother my temper. “I'm not in the mood to deal with this right now, okay?“

“What's up? You seem pretty bent out of shape! What can I do to help?“

I sigh. “Thanks for the offer, Kenji, but I don't think it's something you can help me with.“
Kenji mulls over it for a little while, then shoves the roll of aluminum into my hands. “Well, all right. Take this, just in case. Line your pillow with it and it should be enough protection to keep the whores out. I'm not taking any chances, though!“

Kenji wraps a long sheet of the stuff around his head, making a crinkly hat, complete with a pair of aluminum horns.
“Anyway, if you ever want to talk, bro, I'm right next door.“

Kenji goes back to lining the hallway with long sheets of metal. I drop the roll next to my door and am about to unlock my room when I stop.

Don't do it, Naki. It's not worth it.

Damn it, I'm going to regret this....

“Kenji?”

He turns around from his work. “Sup?”

I shudder a little.
“What do you think about augmentation?”

The cat's out of the bag, now.

Kenji stops for a moment. “Augmentation? Man, that shit is whack! Don't you know that's how they get you!?“
“What do you mean?”

Kenji drops the roll to the ground, the tube bouncing around his feet. “I mean, you go under for a little surgery and BAM!” he shouts, clapping his hands together violently, “they got you for the rest of your life! You think dream control is bad, you just wait until they start beaming information into your head straight from their fucking moon bases and shit!“

"Moon bases? What are you talking about?”

“Man, don't you know!?“ Kenji starts waving his arms all around in a panic. “I can accept you don't know about the Feminists, that's some deep level cover-up, but not knowing about the New World Order, man?! I thought you were a pretty smart guy! They work for them, the filthy sluts! The Illuminati, The Bilderburgs, The G20, Freemasons, Knights Templar, Skull and Bones, my God man, what are you blind!? Augmentation is all about control! Controlling people! You can hack a computer but you can't control a person! So what did they do!? They put computers inside the people! They can hack you anytime they want and make you do things!“

This is a little out there, even for Kenji's usually spaced out rants. “I don't think augmentation works that way....“

Kenji makes a rude sound, dismissing my lack of concern. “Yeah, well, when they start beaming the kill command into your brain and you go all rage zombie on me, don't blame me if I have to use a shovel to put you down!“

“Wow, thanks, Kenji, that makes me feel a lot better.“

“No problem, brother. I would never want you to suffer like that. I'll be quick about it and put you out of your misery.“

I sigh, already seeing the outcome of this talk. “So you're anti-augmentation, then?”

Kenji looks at me like I just sprouted wings and began speaking in tongues. “What? No, didn't you hear a word I said? Augmentations aren't the problem, it's the people controlling them! Tinfoil isn't enough! If I could find a way to block out their signals, I would totally get augmented in a second!“

He chuckles, grinning manically. “Man, it would be wicked cool! I'd get like, a howitzer on my arm and a chain saw hand! With a drill attachment! Yeah, I'd never be caught off guard then! Or like, spider legs that let me walk on walls and arm blades that shoot out of my elbows! That business would be whack!“

He looks confused for a moment.

“Whack is good, right?”

“I'm not sure. But Kenji, wouldn't you want to, you know, get your eyes fixed?“

Kenji quirks an eyebrow, broken out of his train of thought concerning awesome augmentation options. “My eyes? What's wrong with my eyes?”

“Well...wouldn't you want to be able to see like a normal person?“

Kenji pauses for a moment, staring bleakly at me. “Why would I want to go and do something stupid like that? 'See like a normal person'? What's the point? That's boring, man! Give me, like, eyes that can see through walls and stuff! X-ray vision, man, that's where it's at!“

He hesitates for a moment. “Do they make augmented eyes that shoot lasers? Because if they do, I would get those! I would get those hard! I'd be all like, “BZAAAACK, MOTHER FUCKER! EAT KINETIC ENERGY!'“

I'm a little stunned by both Kenji's comment and his outburst. “So you wouldn't fix yourself?”

Kenji looks at me, a suddenly serious look on his face. “'Fix myself'? What kind of friend are you? I don't need to be fixed! I'm fine the way I am! If I get augmented, it's because I want to be, not because there's something wrong with the person I am! I like who I am! I like me! Don't you?“
He pauses.
“Like yourself, I mean. Not me. That would be weird. No homo.“
Kenjis shrugs. “I don't need to fix myself. There's nothing wrong with the person I've become.“

I think about what Kenji says.
'Nothing wrong with the person you've become?'
Kenji is fine with the way he is.
Kenji!
Why aren't I?
Is my problem not augmentation but the idea that I'm not okay with the person who I am? Am I using augmentation as an excuse to deny the person who I've become because I'm dissatisfied with my life?

I ponder for a moment Kenji's words. I shrug and unlock my door. “Thanks, Kenji. I'll think about what you said. It's got me thinking about some stuff.“

Kenji nods, fishing out a huge wad of foil from his pocket and shoving it into my hands. “Not a problem! What are friends for? Just remember, wrap this around you pillow, or even better, your head! You can't be too careful! I'd hate to see something bad happen to you!“
Mirage_GSM

Re: Deus Ex: Katawa Revolution (Part 5 Posted)

Post by Mirage_GSM »

So I know what the Deus ex games are about in general, but I never played them, so maybe someone could clear this up for me:
Why exactly do you need this drug for augmentations?
What is the difference between regular prosthetics or implants (like pacemakers) and augmentations that makes drugs necessary for the latter?
Is there even a reason given, or is it just a plot device?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

Mirage_GSM wrote:So I know what the Deus ex games are about in general, but I never played them, so maybe someone could clear this up for me:
Why exactly do you need this drug for augmentations?
What is the difference between regular prosthetics or implants (like pacemakers) and augmentations that makes drugs necessary for the latter?
Is there even a reason given, or is it just a plot device?
This article pretty much has everything about that.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

So this drug is only necessary for augmentations that directly interface with the brain, i.e. are thougt-controlled.

This means an artificial heart for Hisao would not be a problem at all, and neither would be prosthetic limbs for Emi or Rin, since they can be controlled by muscles and nerves.

You could probably remove the need for this drug for nurse's implants as well, by simply activating them with a button or by remote instead of doing it via brain interface.

Same goes for almost all implants that are not supposed to be combat-grade.

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Elcor

Post by Elcor »

Mirage_GSM wrote:So this drug is only necessary for augmentations that directly interface with the brain, i.e. are thought-controlled.

This means an artificial heart for Hisao would not be a problem at all, and neither would be prosthetic limbs for Emi or Rin, since they can be controlled by muscles and nerves.

You could probably remove the need for this drug for nurse's implants as well, by simply activating them with a button or by remote instead of doing it via brain interface.

Same goes for almost all implants that are not supposed to be combat-grade.
I do understand where you are coming from though but what controls the muscles and the nerves?

This might help too in understanding the story, reading the Synopsis and augmentation page, http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Deus_Ex:_Human_Revolution
Fan Fiction writer's are drug dealers and they don't even know it.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Well, as I read it it is not the prosthetic that the body rejects, but the chip that is implanted in the brain, this "neuroprosthetic junction".
So even if nerves are ultimately directed by the brain, as long as you do without that chip, you should be golden.

Sore wa himitsu desu.
EchoGarrote

Post by EchoGarrote »

Kayo12 wrote:
“Man, don't you know!?“ Kenji starts waving his arms all around in a panic. “I can accept you don't know about the Feminists, that's some deep level cover-up, but not knowing about the New World Order, man?! I thought you were a pretty smart guy! They work for them, the filthy sluts! The Illuminati, The Bilderburgs, The G20, Freemasons, Knights Templar, Skull and Bones, my God man, what are you blind!? Augmentation is all about control! Controlling people! You can hack a computer but you can't control a person! So what did they do!? They put computers inside the people! They can hack you anytime they want and make you do things!“

This is a little out there, even for Kenji's usually spaced out rants. “I don't think augmentation works that way....“

Kenji makes a rude sound, dismissing my lack of concern. “Yeah, well, when they start beaming the kill command into your brain and you go all rage zombie on me, don't blame me if I have to use a shovel to put you down!“
A joke that's meta, in character, and absolutely hilarious at the same time. Well done.
Long live Emperor Norton.
Kayo12

Post by Kayo12 »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Well, as I read it it is not the prosthetic that the body rejects, but the chip that is implanted in the brain, this "neuroprosthetic junction".
So even if nerves are ultimately directed by the brain, as long as you do without that chip, you should be golden.
Keep in mind, the neural connections exist in the augments themselves. That way, people are able to feel and control the augments as well as if they were organic limbs.
While you could say these augments could be used without a true neural connection, they would be no more useful than a fake arm strapped to your body, a heavy, clunky and awkward fake arm.

Essentially it boils down to the fact that, until the advent of physiopharmaceutical and nanotechnological augmentation, as mentioned in this article;
http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Mechanical_augmentation
anyone with any form of augmentation has to rely on massive amount of painkillers and neurapozyne in order the survive the rest of their life.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Seems to me like too many drawbacks for anything but lifesaving treatments and military projects.

Also, why would you neat to "control" an artificail heart?
It's not like you can control your natural one in any way.

And we have artificial limbs today that are way better than a "fake, strapped-on arm" without any need for brain interfacing.

Anyway, seems like this is a problem with the premise of Deus ex and not with your story, so I'll stop at this point.

Sore wa himitsu desu.
Kayo12

Post by Kayo12 »

The next day, school passes quickly by and I find myself in the classroom alone, the magazine open in front of me, Mutou sitting behind his desk with his face in another magazine, a science publication like mine. The sun is starting to come down and makes everything look gold and sleepy The two of us are silent for some time, before he looks up over the pages at me.

“Nakai? How are you coming on that assignment I gave you?“

Mutou's sudden words spook me, but I've been preparing my thoughts for this and I'm ready. “I think I'm all set, sir.”

Mutou seems pleased by my response. “Well, good. I was worried you weren't taking it seriously.“
“No, it's just...well, it's not exactly a simple question, is it? Maybe I've been taking it too seriously.“ I pull up a chair and join him at his desk, sitting across from him and placing the magazine between the two of us.

“No,” he says, “it certainly isn't a simple question, but don't think it doesn't deserve all the serious thought in the world. Humanity stands at a turning point concerning human augmentation and evolution. I asked you this question because of your personal interest in science and your current...situation," he awkwardly states. "It's going to become impossible in the coming years not to be well aware of the impact that augmentation will have on scientific thought. I wanted to make sure you appreciated the change that was coming.“

I hesitate, but then nod reluctantly. “I do. I'm also scared of it.”

Mutou seems surprised. “Explain.”

I shrug, taking a few moments to collect my errant thoughts into a form I can share. The last few days have not been good for me when I share my opinions with others and the last thing I want to do is make myself look like a fool in front of Mutou.
“There are so many different opinions concerning human augmentation. Some people see it as humanity finally taking control of our own evolution and guiding mankind's future. They see that as a good thing and that it will lead to some new and wonderful paradise. I'm inclined to agree with them. But others, they see it as dangerous or frightening. They look to the past and see what mankind has done when they've tried to tamper with the natural order of things. They see this change as potentially disastrous and that it could lead to our own self destruction. I see what they're trying to say, as well.“

“I didn't ask what other people thought about augmentation, I asked you what do you think about it."

I stop and wonder for a moment. “I'm not really sure. Some people think it's morally wrong. Others think it's scary. Still others see it as taking the easy way out or simply strange. Some people think it's wondrous and others don't care about it one way or another. As for me....“
I pause for a long time.
“I think it's wonderful. I think it's as wonderful as anything mankind has created or discovered in all it's history. It's as wonderful as the car or the airplane or fire or nuclear power. But...I can use a car to travel or it can kill is used irresponsibly. An airplane can connect the world or be driven into a building full of people. Fire can protect and warm us or destroy lives. You can make a nuclear plant to power a country or a bomb to destroy it.“
I shake my head.
“I don't know. I want to be augmented. I want to be healthy, but at what cost? I guess what I'm saying is I approve of augmentation but...I'm not ready for it. If I was augmented right now, I don't think I could accept it. Not because of the augmentation itself, but because of why I wanted it. I would only be trying to fix my problems without accepting them. I'd be covering up the issue and it would remain unresolved.“

I nod, satisfied with the way I've put my words.

“I approve of augmentation. But as for myself, I'm not ready yet. Maybe one day I will be, but until then, I need to learn how to accept myself for who I am, both me as a person and my heart. I'm not ready to take the next step just yet. I need to be Hisao Nakai first before I try to make myself into something I'm not.“

Mutou listens to me, thinking about my words. A small, smile of approval shows on his face. “I'm very glad to hear you say that, Nakai. That's a very mature way to look at it. And you are right, augmentation is a wonderful and terrible creation.“

Mutou stands and looks out the window, the sun glaring over his shoulder, blotting him out of my sight. He takes a deep breathe and his shoulders slump just slightly. “I wish humanity could see things the way you do. But mankind sees augmentation out of context. They don't want to accept the moral responsibility along with the scientific advances. They want Pandora's Box and to throw the lid open. Doing that has never benefited us; the hurled stone, the sharpened stick, the bow and arrow, the sword, the crossbow, gunpowder, firearms, bombs, nuclear power and now augmentation. Everyone tries to attach morality to the invention when in truth it is the person who uses the invention and not the invention itself that determines morality. But now the invention is the person. Who can determine what is right or wrong anymore? Where does morality start and personnel freedom and choice end? Always scientists have struggled with this idea; whether to push the boundaries for a better tomorrow or to be satisfied with the beliefs of today.“

Mutou sighs, leaning against the windowsill.
“No one takes the time to think anymore. Always forward, never left or right. They never consider their actions. They hurl open the doomsday box and let out all the good and bad with it.“

Mutou turns towards me and I've never seen him so serious about anything before, his jaw tightened harshly. “If mankind doesn't alter it's priorities, there will be a change unlike any other our world has ever known.“
Mutou looks frightened, I see it in his eyes.
“And that scares me.”

My heart pounds in my chest.
I guess it scares me too.

----------------------------------------

Epilogue

A darkened office looks out over an unknown, expansive cityscape, glittering towers and buildings piercing the night sky. A man stands before the city, his eyes glowing the same color as the heavy cigar he languidly holds in his hand.

Behind him, a screen suddenly flickers to light, displaying the face of his subordinate.
“Jigoro, what a pleasant surprise! Early as usual, I see.“

The man on the screen has been heavily augmented, his eyes a red bar of lights and his wild mane of hair tucked back. At his side is a fine blade emerging from his arm and his shirt is casually opened to reveal a metallic, muscular chest.
“Sir, I've always felt it was best to be punctual. Anything else would be disrespectful to you, this company and our goals.“

“A good lesson! I wish more men had your sense of duty to the cause!“

Several minutes pass in silence between the two men, neither one in any hurry to start.
Another pair of screens flash into life, one of them showing an impossibly muscular, but relatively un-augmented man of advanced years sitting behind a fine and very large desk. His blonde hair is snowy white at the sides and his posture is that of a man used to being obeyed and never questioned.
“Sir,” is all he says.

Jigoro laughs derisively. “Late again as usual, Satou! How pathetic!”
Mr. Satou turns to face Jigoro, not a muscle twitching on his face out of annoyance. “I am on the other side of the planet, Jigoro. Perhaps a small window of opportunity is in order?“
Mr. Satou peers closely at the screen.
”Do you have a new augment already?“

Jigoro smiles widely and lifts his hand to be seen clearly. “Do you like it? Embedded datalink prosthesis. It even has a few offensive augments of my own design as well.“

Mr. Satou shakes his head. “Some would call you obsessed, Brother.”
Jigoro grins like a wildcat. “Others would call you undedicated!”
“I am as dedicated to this company as you are! Just because I do not mutilate my own body needlessly....!“

“Enough!”

Both men go silent when the man with the cigar speaks.
“Enough bickering! Deal with your petty rivalry on your own time! It has no place here in our great work!“

The two men go silent, their eyes downcast.

The gentlemen with the cigar smiles again, his face clear of any of that previously shown, unbridled wrath. “Now, can I expect both of you have been working diligently on your end of the bargain?“

Jigoro has a wide grin on his face, his sword hand eagerly tightening over and over again. "My Tyrants are almost complete with their training. That new pharmaceutical data you sent allowed us to drastically reduce the recovery time after their augmentation. Japan will soon have a new wetworks team ready to deploy."

"I'm glad to hear that, Jigoro. We need all the boots on the ground we can get. I'll send you your next mission packet over the standard channels. I hope you enjoy the weather in Russia."
He turns towards Mr. Satou. "What about your end?"
Satou hesitates.
“What's wrong, Satou? You seem a bit reluctant.”

Mr Satou swallows the lump in his throat. “Tai-Yong is moving into my territory and I don't like it. I was told I'd be given full control over the European market and you've had them buying up resources left and right. They are already started to buy up shares in order to take control of my company!“

“Heh,” Jigoro laughs derisively, “nervous?”

Satou glares at his brother, but ignores the jab.

The gentleman waves the cigar about, tracing a line of red through the air. “No need to worry. Tai-Yong is completely under our foot. They will do everything we say. Wheels are spinning, gentlemen. Trust in the system, please. It has so benefited you before, hasn't it?“

The third man has remained silent the entire time, listening to the conversation, unused to being in the presence of such important men. The man in the office turns towards him now and smiles.
“How have you been, old friend? I trust everything is going smoothly?”

The man in the screen nods nervously. “Everything is...fine, sir. I'll have a new round of data ready to deliver to you in just a few days.“

Jigoro looks at his screen closely, scrutinizing the unknown man. “Who is this? I've never seen him before!”

The gentleman laughs. “How clumsy of me! Jigoro, Mr. Satou, I'd like to introduce my friend here! I can't give you his real identity, but I'm sure he'll be more than pleased to be known by his codename, The Nurse.“

Nurse nods nervously towards the two men. "Sirs. It's an honor to finally meet you."

“He works at Yamaku gathering information for us. You can thank him, Jigoro for that data I sent you. His work is absolutely vital to our goals.“

Mr. Satou's eyes light up for a moment and he leans forward in his chair. "You work at Yamaku?"
"Yes, sir."
Satou hesitates, an unfamiliar gesture on his part. "Have you...met my daughter? Lillian?"
Nurse looks unsure for a moment on what to say. "Yes, sir, but Ms. Satou doesn't visit the clinic very often. But a young man who is a friend of hers does and last I heard your daughter is doing very well here."
Satou leans back in his leather chair, a small smile on his face. "Good. That's good," he says, almost to himself. "Listen, if there's anything you need help with, Nurse, please don't hesitate to ask."
"Thank you, sir, I appreciate it."
Satou looks over at Jigoro for a moment. "Well, Brother will you be asking about your own daughter's well being?"
Jigoro shrugs casually. "Why? Last I checked she was fine."
Mr. Satou has a look of disgust on his face and turns back towards the man with the cigar. "I'm ready to report, sir."

The man casually sits down behind a huge glass desk, the skyline behind him, a leg propped comfortably up.
“Let's get the details over with, shall we?”

The meeting passes on, information and ideas passed between the four men. After an hour passes, Mr Satou and Jigoro log out, leaving the gentleman and the Nurse alone.

“What's wrong? You seemed upset during the meeting, Nurse?“ he asks.

Nurse looks downcast from the screen. “I just...I just don't know what it is we're doing here anymore, sir.“

“I hope you're not losing your drive.”

“No, sir. I just....” Nurse sighs. “I had a young man who I like ask me a question today and I lied through my teeth to him. I told him I wanted to help the children here. The truth is all I'm doing is spying on them, sharing their personal information and breaking their trust.“

The man behind the desk shakes his head. “You know how important Yamaku is to our research! People need an option beyond augmentation, otherwise their protests will have merit. So long as they can send their children away to someplace to be helped, what does it matter if they don't become augmented? Besides, everything we compile on the children there is being used for good purposes! Nurse, we're not experimenting on children! We are not monsters! We are merely gathering information on the nature of human disability in order to be better prepared for the future where such things will no longer trouble mankind! Can you not understand that we are trying to create a world where these children will no longer need to suffer from these abnormalities? A world where they can be healthy and happy?“

Nurse nods reluctantly. “I know, but I still feel like I'm betraying them.”

The gentleman sighs and puts the cigar into an expensive ashtray.
“I hope you are not having second thoughts. You have been a valuable asset, Nurse, and you were chosen because of your dedication and drive. I would hate to have to replace you with someone more pliable.“

The word 'replace' hangs in the air and Nurse's optics widen slightly.
“No! No, sir. No second thoughts at all!”

“Good! Good! I consider you a friend, I would hate for something untoward to happen to you! I'm glad to see your dedication is unwavering.“

Nurse whither before the presence of the man in front of him. “Thank you, Mr. Page.”

The man laughs. “Nonsense! Please, call me Bob....”

----------------------------------------

And that's it!
This was fun to write and I hope you guys enjoyed it. If you have any comments, I'd be glad to hear them.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to dive into Invisible War.
Last edited by Kayo12 on Fri May 18, 2012 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elcor

Re: Deus Ex: Katawa Revolution (Complete)

Post by Elcor »

I was not seeing it end this way, amazingly done.

Speaking of boxes its like you opened one that holds an amazing story but closed it just as quickly, that is just my opinion though.
Kayo12

Post by Kayo12 »

Thank you! It was a blast to write!
Maybe I'll revisit it with a more action oriented idea! Maybe Hisao grows up and gets augmented, becoming directly involved with the conspiracy? Who knows, but it was fun enough to write to certainly try again.
Elcor

Post by Elcor »

Well if you do revisit it, the possibilities are endless on what you could do with it and of course who he ended up with or how they broke up (I'm not a fan of the break ups personally).
Kayo12

Post by Kayo12 »

Neither am I. ;_;
Roamin12

Post by Roamin12 »

I liked it. If nothing else than it definitely defined the issues of augmentation very well, it told both sides of the story and every character had a believable opinion on the issue.
First Play through: Lilly>Hanako>Emi>Rin>Shizune
Second Play Through: Hanako>Rin>Lilly>Shizune>Emi
I'm a music enthusiast.