Selecting a path without a walkthrough...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Musique

Re: Selecting a path without a walkthrough...

Post by Musique »

First playthrough, I went with my gut. No specific goal, just going through the game with my own personality if I went through the same situation.
I got Emi and the good ending of hers.

After that I concentrated and aimed for the good endings instead of just using my own personality traits. When trying to get Rin in my 2nd playthrough, I got to the Manly Picnic (Going up the hill I didn't tell them Hisao had a heart problem)
But after that, I did it without a walkthrough, aiming for the girls and still getting the one I aimed for. Just concentrating more on the specific one.
Couch to 5k with Emi!

Week 1 D123--------Week 5 D123
Week 2 D123--------Week 6 D123
Week 3 D123--------Week 7 D123
Week 4 D123--------Week 8 D123
-----------Week 9 D123---------
darkrei

Post by darkrei »

I was really aiming so much for hanako....

though I was so afraid to get the bad ending I almost had a heart attack at each choice...
horizon

Post by horizon »

What grates me the most about the Act 1 running event is not that it decides whether you get Emi's route (totally overriding all other choises you've made except those toward Shizune's path), but the fact that it's impossible to actually follow the medical advice you've been given. You can either be stupid and irresponsible by pushing yourself to the limits despite having been told how dangerous that is, or you can be stupid and irresponsible by giving up on the excercise altogether. There's simply no way to go for the regular, low-intensity jogs recommended by the nurse. I guess that's an intensional flaw in Hisao's character, and serves as a way to make things interesting later down the story. Still annoys the hell out of me though.
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

horizon wrote:What grates me the most about the Act 1 running event is not that it decides whether you get Emi's route (totally overriding all other choises you've made except those toward Shizune's path), but the fact that it's impossible to actually follow the medical advice you've been given. You can either be stupid and irresponsible by pushing yourself to the limits despite having been told how dangerous that is, or you can be stupid and irresponsible by giving up on the excercise altogether. There's simply no way to go for the regular, low-intensity jogs recommended by the nurse. I guess that's an intensional flaw in Hisao's character, and serves as a way to make things interesting later down the story. Still annoys the hell out of me though.
True. In a way. But when I first played, I selected "take it easy" because that's what I'd have done myself, as Hisao was tiring out, and he has a heart attack. This is after selecting "Yes" to the exercise question by the nurse. The "go for it" line screamed at me as excessive, and not what the nurse wanted Hisao to do.
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

darkrei wrote:I was really aiming so much for hanako....

though I was so afraid to get the bad ending I almost had a heart attack at each choice...
Haha, I was also staring at each choice for long, and also saved at each choice. :D
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

acewing905 wrote:
darkrei wrote:I was really aiming so much for hanako....

Haha, I was also staring at each choice for long, and also saved at each choice. :D
I did this at Rin's path
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

horizon wrote:I guess that's an intensional flaw in Hisao's character, and serves as a way to make things interesting later down the story. Still annoys the hell out of me though.
I'm sure it's like that. You see, Hisao is not really the same person in each other the individual paths. The first chapter establishes who Hisao really is. Emi is a go getter girl who believes you always have to push yourself (even when it's foolish to do so), so the only way you'll get along with her is if you're equally pushing yourself like that.
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Beoran wrote: I'm sure it's like that. You see, Hisao is not really the same person in each other the individual paths. The first chapter establishes who Hisao really is. Emi is a go getter girl who believes you always have to push yourself (even when it's foolish to do so), so the only way you'll get along with her is if you're equally pushing yourself like that.
It's a bit loaded, though. The nurse is easy going but severely warns you to ensure you exercise, and then by trying to do the exercise once instead of giving up almost immediately you're pretty much guaranteed Emi. I think that's why so many people ended up with her the first time through.
darkrei

Post by darkrei »

except peoples like me that hate sport and told the nurse in a very gentle way the he could get out with his excercise BS :lol:
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

darkrei wrote:except peoples like me that hate sport and told the nurse in a very gentle way the he could get out with his excercise BS :lol:
I'm like that in real life. But I thought he should at least try to exercise as I assumed Hisao might have to face more health issues if he didn't.
metalangel wrote:
It's a bit loaded, though. The nurse is easy going but severely warns you to ensure you exercise, and then by trying to do the exercise once instead of giving up almost immediately you're pretty much guaranteed Emi. I think that's why so many people ended up with her the first time through.
To me, the "go for it" just screamed HISAO'S GONNA GET HEART PROBLEMS! :P
Beoran wrote:You see, Hisao is not really the same person in each other the individual paths. The first chapter establishes who Hisao really is.
This is true. They way Hisao adapts to his situation changes according to what we select in Act 1.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Good thing that I had no specific girl who I wanna go out with and just went with it. Still worth it.

(But the cutest girl who I had in mind after playing a while was Hanako. Got Emi's though.)
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

ZXRN wrote:Good thing that I had no specific girl who I wanna go out with and just went with it. Still worth it.

(But the cutest girl who I had in mind after playing a while was Hanako. Got Emi's though.)
Indeed. I thought "well that Hanako chick is cute and shy, I like that. That Emi kid is cute as fuck, and Lilly is beautiful. Hopefully I end with one of those"
Got Emi.