Happy Birthday

WORDS WORDS WORDS

alexpmlp7273

Happy Birthday

Post by alexpmlp7273 »

Happy Birthday
alexpmlp7273

“Soooo.”
I looked to my right and there she is. The light of my life.
“Do you want to talk about it?”
I shake my head.
“Kenji, are you sure? It might help.”
I sigh and look to my left. Seeing a bunch of wires connected to my arm might as well be like chaining me. I look back to her to see her face. I immediately register it as hurt; it didn’t occur to me that I might have offended her.
“It’s ok Kian, I Just need to think to myself.” - Kenji
“You always say that” - Kian
The concern in those timid eyes was obvious.
“It’ll all turn out in the end.” - Kenji
I give a reassuring smile, but there is no happiness in it. After a crash like that, none can say something like that. I have to face the monster in me. Every time I change into that… that freak. I shiver at the thought. It’s like being two people in one.
“How is the therapy going?” - Kian
“I’d say rather well, I managed to walk a kilometer today.” - Kenji
I was pretty proud about that but the next comment she makes extinguishes all of it.
“I meant the mental.” - Kian
I stare at the bleak, plain ceiling. We both knew. It wasn’t the outside, or even the fact that I lost most of my vision when solutions from the car spluttered into my eyes during the accident. It was the inside, damaged on impact. There was just one simple fact. I’m a broken man. I’m not me anymore. Random swings from me to someone I’m not. Who knows? One day it might be permanent, it’s any day now.
“Listen.” – Kenji
It killed me to think about this let alone say it. I didn't want to say it today of all days concidering how I just said things would be ok but...
“I… I think we should stop seeing each other.” - Kenji
She looked at me with a look of shock and worry.
“No.” - Kian
She said it so firm; I wouldn’t even have thought it came from her unless I saw her mouth move.
“It’s for the best; you’ve seen how angry my other side is.” - Kenji
A glimpse came to me, one I dreaded for the past week. One of me yelling at Kian.
“But that isn’t you. Besides, aren’t they going to put you on some medication, one that lessens anger from people?” - Kian
“Not people.” - Kenji
I say it so blunt that I feel like I might have been too bitter but continue.
“It’s for the mentally ill, that’s what I am now. And even after that, I won’t have the same personality. It won’t be me. I want to be me.” -Kenji
Silence.
“Listen, you don’t like them, you like me.” - Kenji
“And you are you-“ - Kian
“No! Don’t you see! One day it might be permanent. One day they might be me.” - Kenji
I looked deep into Kian. I saw the tears on the outside and the frustration on the inside. This was the girl I have fallen in love with.
“They will never be you.” - Kian
I sigh. I’ve never seen her so determined, she usually shys out especially when it involves talking.
“It’s over, I’m sorry.” - Kenji
We sit in silence for over the next thirty minutes until she leaves.She leaves a cupcake on the counter.
Happy Birthday to me.
FishyBroski

Re: Happy Birthday

Post by FishyBroski »

That's deep bro...The way you do your speech kinda detracts from the flow of your work though.
alexpmlp7273

Re: Happy Birthday

Post by alexpmlp7273 »

FishyBroski wrote:That's deep bro...The way you do your speech kinda detracts from the flow of your work though.
Well i sort of meant it to be like the game but well... yea no pictures.