What do you think about voice acting in KS?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Helbereth

Re: What do you think about voice acting in KS?

Post by Helbereth »

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
Helbereth wrote:Misha - Rosie O'Donnel (I'm so sorry)
Fuck you.
It was that or Roseanne Barr.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

I'm very picky when it comes to voices, so I suppose I unconsciously imagine every character with the most pleasant voice that suits them, including Kenji. I can't even define Misha's voice, it's just not there.

wahaha~.wav not found
Last edited by Pseudogenesis on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Helbereth wrote:Hanako - Tara Strong (Yuna from FFX)
Hedy Burress was Yuna. Tara was Rikku. :mrgreen:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Bolodan wrote:I just had a funny thought... Do you think that voice acting would make or break this visual novel experience?

Here's my thought: If this game was developed by various people across the internet, and it wouldn't ruin the game, why not get more people from across the internet to assist with giving each character their own voice?

Now don't get me wrong, just like there's an option to put the Teen filter on, if this ever did happen, there could be an option to turn off voice acting. What is everyone's opinion on maybe seeing something like this come to fruition?
Voice acting COULD be done well, but I don't think that's exceedingly likely, and the reason is thus.

Everyone who has played this game has a mental image of what the characters sound like. Well, except Shizune, because... anyway. Anyone who plays this game for the first time with voice acting will have their imagination replaced with someone else's.

For some people that might be fine, but for me the beauty of the game is that you were given well-written dialogue and a good example of what the characters might look like. Sometimes you got a really high-quality image for special scenes. But it was, for example, REALLY fun to interpret Hanako's lines with this soft, shy, slightly stuttery voice. Nobody's acting could replicate that.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02