Lilly
66%
Other
12%

Total votes: 673

Oddball

Re: Team Shizune vs Team Lilly

Post by Oddball »

Synthus wrote:Personally, I'd date and marry a girl like Shizune.

I want a partner has the capacity to push me out of my comfort zone. Someone who can give me a proper boot in the arse to get me moving or just drag me along in her wake.

Nobody ever grew into a better person by staying home and fucking all day.
I don't really see the point in dating somebody that you're not comfortable being with. Me, I would prefer somebody that I actually enjoy doing things with, but to each his own.
Not Dead Yet
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Oddball wrote:
I don't really see the point in dating somebody that you're not comfortable being with. Me, I would prefer somebody that I actually enjoy doing things with, but to each his own.
I think they mean someone who will encourage them to go out and try new things, to have new adventures. Unless you go out and share new experiences together your relationship is likely to stagnate. There'll be plenty of time to sit around drinking tea when you're 90.
Synthus

Post by Synthus »

Oddball wrote: I don't really see the point in dating somebody that you're not comfortable being with. Me, I would prefer somebody that I actually enjoy doing things with, but to each his own.
What metalangel said. And who said I wouldn't be comfortable being with her?

I'm generally uninterested in dating girls who I consider to be my obvious intellectual inferiors. Shizune's smart as a whip, utterly sexy and gorgeous, incredibly caring in her own way, and she's someone I can have a proper discussion with. Only problem is that I think my fingers might be a bit sore from excessive signing.

Also, the fact that she'd probably start thumping me in board/tabletop/video games doesn't hurt either.
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Synthus wrote:Also, the fact that she'd probably start thumping me in board/tabletop/video games doesn't hurt either.
> Come home late from the game store.
> Shizune making >:[ face.
> [Were you at the game store!?]
> [Dear, I can explai--]
> [And you didn't pick up the new No Quarter?*]
> [. . . I love you, dear. . .]

* Yes, my version of Shizune plays Privateer Press games. Sue me.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Synthus wrote:Also, the fact that she'd probably start thumping me in board/tabletop/video games doesn't hurt either.
Hmm, imagine playing video games with Shizune. If she wasn't that good at it she'd probably withdraw herself from society for a day, pouring all of her effort into the game until she felt confident enough to beat your ass. Lol, what more could a gamer want?
Roamin12

Post by Roamin12 »

Team Lilly.
Most of the reasons why I prefer her to Shizune have to do with my personal life, personality as a whole, issues I had when I was younger, and I still have today, and views on life, but I won't waste anyone's time by telling my life story.
First Play through: Lilly>Hanako>Emi>Rin>Shizune
Second Play Through: Hanako>Rin>Lilly>Shizune>Emi
I'm a music enthusiast.
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

Lilly fans can keep Lilly ..... More Shizune for us

Lilly wouldn't challenge me , she would just mother me to death instead of letting me fall on my face and say something like " at least you tried "
Shizune would sign that i better not quit on myself cause i can be better then the effort i'm putting out
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

themocaw wrote:
> [Dear, I can explai--]

LOL! :D
I shall never since I kinda' think the same thing--Shizune playing RTS games.

[You're staying up late again!?]
[I'm sorry, it's just that...]
[You didn't even tell me you're playing Command and Conquer...]
[...want to join?]
[Make a room.]
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Megumeru wrote:
ShadeHaven wrote:
ravenlord wrote:The solution here is to date girls like Shizune, but marry girls like Lilly. Everyone wins :)
Maybe a combination of both, or would that be like dividing by 0?
no, it's possible.
Shizune as the girlfriend and the wife.

Lilly as the Mistress.

Hisao is, after all, the king of boners
...and kings can have a mistress/mistresses, so might as well add the rest of the cast in there--Emi's mom included
Kinda makes me wish I was a king of some country with lots of beauties.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
ivegottogodosomthing

Post by ivegottogodosomthing »

I don't think I could possibly stand to be in a relationship with someone who can't talk to me. I know we could write things down, or I could learn sign language, but I don't think it could ever be the same as a real conversation. In my past relationships, having candid, emotional conversations and excellent communication has always been the cornerstone, and I'm not sure if that could be replicated with hands or ink.

And I know people will disagree with this, but Shizune's always come across as an apathetic, overcompetitive, manipulative person to me. That's not to say that I can't understand why someone might like her, but she is my complete antithesis. I want someone who accepts me for who I am, and I feel like she'd be one of those women who's always trying to change your behaviors or attitude.

Lilly is pretty much the epitome of a perfect partner for me, to the point where I strongly doubt that someone like her even exists. She is sweet, kind, understanding, feminine, comfortable with her sexuality, and would really make me feel comfortable in just about any situation. Again, I doubt someone as perfect as Lilly exists in the the real world, but if she does, I'll have some extra hope for humanity.

Post by Guest »

ivegottogodosomthing wrote:Lilly is pretty much the epitome of a perfect partner for me, to the point where I strongly doubt that someone like her even exists. She is sweet, kind, understanding, feminine, comfortable with her sexuality, and would really make me feel comfortable in just about any situation. Again, I doubt someone as perfect as Lilly exists in the the real world, but if she does, I'll have some extra hope for humanity.
That's because she's an idealized Mary Sue waifu.

There. I said it.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Guest wrote:
ivegottogodosomthing wrote:Lilly is pretty much the epitome of a perfect partner for me, to the point where I strongly doubt that someone like her even exists. She is sweet, kind, understanding, feminine, comfortable with her sexuality, and would really make me feel comfortable in just about any situation. Again, I doubt someone as perfect as Lilly exists in the the real world, but if she does, I'll have some extra hope for humanity.
That's because she's an idealized Mary Sue waifu.

There. I said it.
You're not the first to say it and you're not the first to be wrong either.
Not Dead Yet
Synthus

Post by Synthus »

themocaw wrote:
> [Dear, I can explai--]

Pfft, everyone knows Flames of War is obviously superior.

Also, jeebus, she'd be a great rules lawyer. And if that doesn't work there's the ol' cleavage trick. :D
Megumeru wrote: I shall never since I kinda' think the same thing--Shizune playing RTS games.

[You're staying up late again!?]
[I'm sorry, it's just that...]
[You didn't even tell me you're playing Command and Conquer...]
[...want to join?]
[Make a room.]
...I'm thinking Shizune would be a hell of a NOD player.

sudden mental image of Shizune in their commando outfits

I've got to go do something, gents.

EDIT: Accidentally an 'of'.
Last edited by Synthus on Wed May 09, 2012 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Synthus wrote: ...I'm thinking Shizune would be a hell of a NOD player.

sudden mental image Shizune in their commando outfits
Oh god I'm a GDI player...
...time for a conversion. ALL HAIL KANE!!
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

Oddball wrote:
Guest wrote:That's because she's an idealized Mary Sue waifu.

There. I said it.
You're not the first to say it and you're not the first to be wrong either.
To reiterate, wrong on every single possible level.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |