Are people here aware of Twine? (lightweight IF engine)

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

WorldlyWiseman

Are people here aware of Twine? (lightweight IF engine)

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

Going through the dev's 'Ask' thread, it seems like they're getting a lot of questions about making games of their own to follow up/add to KS in their own way. I'm guessing a lot of the projects are held up by the amount of resources required to make a full VN. I'm just going to put this link out there for you guys.

http://gimcrackd.com/etc/src/

Twine is a lightweight tool for creating branching fiction, with some options for including music and images. Unlike Ren'Py, you would be working with text more than images and code, so you could easily type in your fanfic and create branching paths. You could even get your buddy's two or three fanart images and include them as CGs without having to burden them with the massive workload necessary to do the right visual presentation for a proper VN.

I don't doubt that there's some talent around here that might be restricted by lacking experience with coding or art or planning a large-scale project. Twine is free, available for PC and Mac, and might be enough to get that 'gotta make a game' bug out of your system.

I'm in the outline stages for my own project, and I hope others might benefit from this.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
PikKirby

Re: Are people here aware of Twine? (lightweight IF engine)

Post by PikKirby »

Seems like a much more approachable method in creating VN's, especially for those without coding experience.

Thanks for posting!
ImageImageImageImageImage
FNHA

Re: Are people here aware of Twine? (lightweight IF engine)

Post by FNHA »

Looks great! I'm a fanfic writer / computer science student and I've been considering putting both skills to use creating some kind of game (VNs), but I lack the art skills or friends with art skills that could help me put together something resembling a VN. At least this makes the first step easier.