Missing stereotypes

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Beoran

Re: Missing stereotypes

Post by Beoran »

Well, like TV Tropes says: many of the tropes in KS are not played straight but desconstructed, reconstructed, averted, played with, etc. Deconstruction usually takes the form of "How would this trope play out with real life consequences applied to it". KS does that masterfully.
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I completely agree and it's why I consider KS to be probably the best VNs I've played. The question is merely how much of it was intentional and how much of it was just to make the game appear somewhat more realistic.
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

Does it even matter? We can't really guess the intents of the authors very well, and I'd say they don't even matter that much. I think the results of the creative labour are what matters the most to me. And in this case, they are excellent. :)
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

actually, having a heart attack sounds like a lovely excuse to fall fowards and grope breasts/land on top of girls awkwardly
$50 says I live more South than all of you