Which relationship do you think will last?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Which relationship do you think will last the longest?

Hanako
26%
Emi
12%
Shizune
4%
Lilly
29%
Rin
3%
All of the Above
8%
None (They are all just first loves)
3%
Or More than one of the above
14%

Total votes: 594

Kayo12

Re: Which relationship do you think will last?

Post by Kayo12 »

Megumeru wrote: Oooh boy...should I start speaking again?

Well, I've said it thousands of time in this board but just lurk around. Might bring you clarity; not many people understand or capture the dynamic between Hisao and Shizune, and I can't blame them.
Yeah, I've heard it all before. It's supposed to be subtle.
Isn't the other argument that the relationship between them is supposed to be about friendship and the high school experience and not RABU romance? So which is it? Is it a high school fling or a meaningful relationship?
I just don't see them lasting ten years apart, without Misha, as it's implied in the Good End.
Synthus

Post by Synthus »

Kayo12 wrote: Yeah, I've heard it all before. It's supposed to be subtle.
Never been so tempted to go '2deep4u' before. It's less of 'subtle' and more of 'demands active participation'. If you cannot empathise with Shizune and discern her motivations in any sense whatsoever, there's going to be plenty of points flying over your head.
Kayo12 wrote: Isn't the other argument that the relationship between them is supposed to be about friendship and the high school experience and not RABU romance? So which is it? Is it a high school fling or a meaningful relationship?
This may come as news to you, but different people can find very different things to appreciate about the same experience. The fact that there are two (or more) contradictory arguments in support of her route doesn't invalidate any one of them.
Kayo12 wrote: I just don't see them lasting ten years apart, without Misha, as it's implied in the Good End.
Some clarification is necessary here.
MasterJHG

Post by MasterJHG »

For me there are three:

Hanako: her ending may be an "open" one but when you play Lily's route you realize that she'll bloom, because in Lily's words "all her change was because of you, by being her friend", also in Hanako's route she finaly breaks her shell and I think that Hisao will be at her side...and the kiss at the end was only the beginig of something really good

Lily: dayting Lily it's good and bad, you may enjoy her route: yeah, I'm talking about masturbation, sex in the bathroom, and use protection always, it's bad because of her lie of course, I think that she lies because of motherly way to deal with anything, but having a almost dead Hisao laying in the floor, by a herat attack, makes her change her way of thinkingand that's how they can stay truthly each together.

Emi: the first time i got her good end i don't really understand all of her speech, then, when I got her good ending by other way Instant Replay, telling Misha what happen and then finally having the reconcilation on the running track, I realize something, in all the route she never open herself, ok that's pretty obvious, but it's different whit Lily or Hanako, Hisao really knows things of this two girls, the things they like, the way they spend their time, well i think you see my point, but with Emi this never happens, well not before the speech at her dad's tomb, in that very moment she opens completly, no more secrets, no more things to hide, just a like girl, who has and incredible way to puts away the pain and overcome anything, and that is why I thing they can also be a life time couple, because they finaly and thruthly become one

if she needs a prince, then I will be that prince
Pickman's Model

Post by Pickman's Model »

Statistically, none of them are going to last.

Even though Shizune's my least favorite character, I'd have to say that she's probably the most likely to stay with Hisao, but there's no telling if he might eventually tire of her. I wouldn't put it past Hisao to cheat on Shizune if he got the chance to be with a more traditional/submissive female. Then again, I'm probably biased, since I never liked Hisao to begin with.
R.I.P B.O'R
"He overdosed on patriotism."
-André 3000
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Pickman's Model wrote:Then again, I'm probably biased, since I never liked Hisao to begin with.
I don't think many people liked Hisao...

well, you want a lasting relationship? Go find someone that's actually like you...

Like what superman did
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story