The Great War 5 chapters REWRITTEN

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Alexbond45

Re: The Great War 5 chapters

Post by Alexbond45 »

Desperate times calls for desperate meseaures, and since MAD States that a Nuclear war is suicide, the only way to win is to fight a land war.

Problem is, due to China being part of the USSR, Hundreds of Millions of troops were forced into the USSR Military, this brute force easily overruns the better equipment we have, and history proves that 15 weak guys have a good damn chance of beating up 1 strong guy (WW2)
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Alexbond45 wrote:...and history proves that 15 weak guys have a good damn chance of beating up 1 strong guy (WW2)
In WWII two strong guys did a pretty good job of beating up a dozen weak guys until two other strong guys decided to join the brawl.
(I realize this is only marginally more historically correct than the other version.)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Alexbond45 wrote:...and history proves that 15 weak guys have a good damn chance of beating up 1 strong guy (WW2)
In WWII two strong guys did a pretty good job of beating up a dozen weak guys until two other strong guys decided to join the brawl.
(I realize this is only marginally more historically correct than the other version.)
What I am saying, is that a small number of hard to produce German Tanks were decimated by the Mass Produced Sherman, Cromwell, and, over all, T-34.

Numbers? Only 6000 Panther Tanks were produced, and 8000 Panzer IVs and 1500 Tiger tanks, and about 500 King Tigers.

We produced about 50000 Shermans, and about 85000 T-34s were produced, The cromwell...eh not so much I just kinda like that tank.

So lets look at the numbers...one second
So we outnumbered The Germans in Tank power in 85:1. Do you understand what I mean now? Because Allied tanks Sucked, well, the T-34 Was pretty damn good, but it just had a lot of speed, In fact, some have actually RAMMED Tiger Tanks in order to disable them (It worked)
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

I'm sorry but I can't give "positive" critique on this. Additionally, I think it's rather silly to refuse "negative" critique: you might as well be showing your works to an empty theater.

(Also, moved to Fan Fiction, where it belongs)
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

Why there are attacking India, I assume because they had good relations with Russia and decided to join the new USSR, But still, what's the point of getting there?
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Why there are attacking India?...
In that story this is what made you blink?

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Why there are attacking India?...
In that story this is what made you blink?

No, Im still wondering why the US armed forces started conscripting foreigners (with heart conditions)
But we already have passed that point
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

Megumeru

Re: The Great War 5 chapters REWRITTEN

Post by Megumeru »

...I thought I'm the only one with the insane idea to write a story about KS characters going to war
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Ive started rewriting the entire story from scratch, please tell me what you think, I don't care what you say, just dont go off topic.
MY CODE:
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

It's a bit better than before, but it still reads like the summary of a story rather than the story itself.
I'm not sure what kind of advice would be useful for you... For starters I'd say you should read more english language stories. That will help you in the long run.

Sore wa himitsu desu.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Well, umm...how should I start?

There's 'too much conversation = lack of plot', and then there's 'too much plot = lack of conversation'.

I've been through this situation--primarily the 'too much plot not enough conversation' part. All I can say is, your story has too much conversation but too little plot--I have to agree with what Mirage_GSM said, it feels like a summary more than the story itself.
To sum it up, it's like the trailer with all the conversation going on but not enough detail to cover what is going on around the characters. But that's just how I feel
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
guestsometingsomething

Post by guestsometingsomething »

This is probably an stupid question; why is it that i can only read the prologue and not the other chapters? It seems like these other chapters aren't this thread.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Same reason I can't: they don't exist in their original form anymore. OP changed what was there based on feedback.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing