Katawa Yankee (Updated 5/7/12)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

MystiKnight

Re: Katawa Yankee

Post by MystiKnight »

Sweet, a new chapter! I really like this story, and a bad-ass Hisao is pretty awesome too. Lol'd pretty hard at Hisao going 'Ivegottagodosomething!'. Hope to see more!
Cuteness Overload!

Currently Writing : Katawa Ikkou A Katawa Shoujo / Corpse Party Crossover. Up to it's 4th chapter since 11/5!

"I know how you're feeling. Anybody will get nervous on their first time."
~ A girl talking to a boy about volunteer work.
MockTugBoat

Chapter 6

Post by MockTugBoat »

Long chapter is long... sorry it took longer than expected! Since this one was so long I probably missed quite a bit in terms of spelling and grammar, so if you see anything feel free to let me know! Hope you guys enjoy the read, and here's the next chapter!

Chapter 6: Encounter: Shizune

“Hicchan~!” The bubbly girl that I have come to know as Misha calls for me like this every single day. Granted I think I’ve only been here for a few days. But it already feels like that greeting will be the same every single day.

I give her a small nod of acknowledgement and get back to packing up my bags. The bell rang just a few moments ago, and I really just want to go and get some sleep. The morning exercises with Emi have been toned down a bit, but the length of each run is increasing. “We’re gonna build your endurance first, so that way you won’t tire out to quickly for everything I have planned out for her.” Her words still echo in my head and get me all flustered ever time I think of them. I really wonder what she has planned…

The blush on my face darkens and I turn towards Misha and give her a bit of a skeptical look. “Hey, Misha.” I finally give her a hello, but she’s still probably confused as to why I’m blushing.

“What’s wrong Hicchan?” she asks while cocking her head to the side. I let out a long sigh and shake my head a little as I finish packing my bags.

“It’s nothing, just thinking of perverted stuff.” I hold no shame in most of the things that I say, especially to friends. I really hope I can call Misha a friend at this point, at least. She did take my first kiss… She at least owes me that much.

“Pervert~!” she coos whimsically before rushing over to my side and grabbing ahold of my arm. “C’mon Mr. Pervert! Shicchan said she wanted to see you today!” Come to think of it, I didn’t see Shizune all day. And I don’t think that I’ve ever actually talked to her outside of a “Hello.”

“For what?” I ask annoyed, brushing Misha off of my arm and making my way towards the doorway. She quickly grabs onto me once more, but that doesn’t stop me. I keep walking, dragging her along as she puts up a mock fight of trying to keep me from leaving.

“Just to talk! C’mon! It’ll be fun! You’ll get to stay with two cute girls!” She continues to rapid fire multiple reasons as to why I should go to the student council room with her, but I’m still not convinced. Misha sees this and actually begins to put up a bit of fight, holding me still just outside the classroom.

“I’m busy.” I quickly reply to her. Her head droops a bit and she quivers her lower lip. I think Emi went out and told the whole goddamn school that I have a weak point for sad girls. Or at least she confirmed it with Misha that they could have their way with me through pouts and crocodile tears. But I won’t give up just yet!

I turn my head away from Misha before looking at her from the corner of my eyes with an ice-cold glare. She goes unfazed by my actions and she tightens her grip on my arm. I break eye contact from her in an instant to keep from falling into her trap. Suddenly I feel her grip loosen up a bit and it feels like arm is trapped between something soft and squishy. It feels really nice. I suddenly realize what it is and my face turns an extremely dark shade of red, or at least it feels that way.

“Hicchan…~” Misha whispers into my ear seductively. The light touch of her breath on my ear feels quite nice and sends a shiver down my spine. I feel like my legs are turning into jelly and I can feel my heart beating faster with every passing second. “Won’t you come to the student council room with me? I’m sure that Shizune won’t be there just yet… So we’ll be all alone.” This is what sends me overboard and I just start nodding very fast, and the soft sensation embracing my arm suddenly leaves me.

I turn towards Misha only to find her with a big smile on her face before she runs back into the classroom to get her stuff. She comes back out with a triumphant look on her face and grabs ahold of my hand. Her touch feels really soft and I think it’s a little odd to be holding someone’s hand without being in any sort of relationship. I blush again and Misha just looks at me with a smile. “Geez, you’re such a perv Hicchan.” Her taunts get to me a bit, and I could just leave right now. But I feel if she’s willing to go that far to reel me in, I might as well stick around.

When we get to the student council room, there’s no Shizune in sight. “Aww… I thought she’d be here by now!” Misha complains a bit before looking underneath one of the larger desks to check if Shizune is hiding. “Aww…” she complains a bit, and I look at her with a smirk.

“I guess we are alone here, huh Misha?” I say to her playfully. Her cheeks turn a light shade of pink before she puffs out her cheeks and gives me a harsh glare.

“Hicchan! I was just kidding about that stuff! Gosh.” She says before inflating her cheeks once more. She looks towards the door and gives a light sigh. She makes her way towards the door, but turns around right after she reaches for the handle. “I’m gonna go look for Shicchan. You wait here.” She emphasizes her demands with several gestures which and angry expressions, but I don’t really get it.

So here I am, left alone in this room to wonder about the mysteries of school. Now that I’m here I’ve noticed that within the past few days, I’ve made more friends than I ever did at my old school. Maybe it’s a sympathy thing coming from everybody else. Or maybe I’m that damn awesome. Or maybe it’s cuz I’m not beating the shit out of every guy that looks at me funny… I really don’t know.

My wondrous thoughts are suddenly interrupted by the slightest sound of the door opening. I quickly hop on a desk because I think it’s much more odd to find somebody standing in the middle of the room staring at nothing than to find someone sitting while doing that.

Rather than the expected Misha to walk through the door, a rather unsuspecting Shizune walks into the room instead. She doesn’t seem to notice me at first, and I try to say “Hi,” but I realize that it’s only going to fall upon… I’d feel too bad to make the joke.

I wave my hands frantically hoping that she notices me in her peripherals. She seems to finally notice me and turns towards me with a look of surprise on her face. She mock coughs and then adjusts her glasses a bit before waving towards me in return. And then the silence comes.

I just stare at her for a while and she makes a few gestures with her hands towards me at rapid speeds. I raise my eyebrow at her and give her a shrug and go back to staring off into the distance. This seems to displease her and I think she puts her hands on her hips; I can’t really make out too much from the corner of my eyes.

I turn my attention back towards her and find quite a pleasant sight. She only has her bottom half up in the air as she seems to be looking around for something in the desk. Because of how short her skirt is, I can almost see her… God dammit, she’s done. Oh shit. She looks kind of angry… And now she’s coming over here!

I tense up a bit as she stops just a bit in front of me and stares at me with her hands on her hips. The sun hits her glasses just right and the glare from them blinds me. I adjust myself slightly and move to the side of the desk and she begins to lift her hand up high. Oh god, please don’t…

I turn my head to the side and close my eyes as I embrace for impact. A loud slapping sound fills the air, but to my own surprise it wasn’t from her hand hitting my cheek. I open my eyes and Shizune is looking at me with her head cocked to the side in confusion. She then points to my side and I see a notepad with a pen next to it. “For me?” I say as I point to myself. I think Shizune picks up what I said and only nods.

I hesitantly take the pad and paper before writing down the first thing that comes to mind. “Hi.” I read aloud as I hand the paper over to her. She quickly grabs the pen out of my hand and begins to scribble down on the paper. She’s writing quite a bit for a simple hello…

She hands the pad back to me as well as the pen and I start to read it to myself. “Hello. I’m glad you came. I’m sure Misha told you why I wanted to see you, right?”

“Uhh…” I hesitate for a bit as I try to think of my reply and I start to scribble down my answer. “No, she didn’t. She tricked me into coming her, kinda… Why did you want to see me?”

Shizune looks at the pad for a bit and starts writing vigorously and with a slight smile on her face. She even slightly sticks her tongue out of the side of her mouth while she’s doing it, and I must say, she looks adorable.

I take the pad from her when she’s done and I choke a bit from what I read. “I wanted to see you because you have been chosen to join the Student Council! From today on, you’ll be helping out with running the school and-“ I stop reading the note because I get the gist of it already. It’s just a long list of responsibilities and congratulations.

I look back towards Shizune with an annoyed look and I can feel my eye ticking a bit. She just smiles at me as sweetly as she can and acts as if she did nothing wrong. But the moment she realizes that I didn’t read her entire note, her face grows red with anger. I guess she can’t handle being ignored in such a way… considering a lot of things.

I turn the pad to the next page because we’re running out of room and begin to write down my complaint. “No way in hell! I never signed up for such a thing! And you can’t just volunteer people to do your dirty work for you.” It may be a little harsh, but I’m just being true with my feelings.

Shizune takes the pad from me and reads through my reply quickly. Rather than an angry look coming over her like I expected, there seems to be a spark in her eye. I can’t really quite place it, but the feeling reminds me of… me.

She writes down a million words a minute and hands the paper over to me, putting her hands on her glasses and looking quite contempt with her reply. “The moment you kissed Misha, you joined the Student Council. It’s an official unwritten rule that if you kiss any of the members that you must join. So whether you like it or not, you’re going to be joining.” Wait, Misha is in the Student Council? I can only guess that Shizune is too. Go figure.

For the next few minutes, Shizune and I argue over whether I should join or not. I’d be lying if I were to say that I wasn’t having fun, but I won’t let her know that. On the other hand, the look in her eyes becomes quite clear to me. It’s a competitive spark, I saw a bit of it in Emi just a few days ago. It’s something that I admire in a person because it shows just how much they enjoy what they’re doing; even if it’s only arguing with me.

“That rule makes no sense at all! And that was some other person’s fault. Not my own. If anything get that guy to join!”

“It was your own fault for getting that close to Misha! And that person is not the person that owes Misha a payment for stealing something so precious, it’s you!”

“Then I’ll pay Misha back later! I’m sure she likes chocolate just as much as the next girl. And why are you getting so involved? You weren’t even in class today, so how can I take you as a responsible member at all?”

“I was doing work for the good of the school, y’know. Believe it or not, Hisao. But I have saved your life today. So you owe me. And it’s okay for me to skip because I’m part of the Student Council. If you joined you could skip like that too. You’d know that if you bothered reading what I said earlier.”

“I can skip huh… No! I can do that on my own time and just not care! And how did you save my life anyway? Now you’re just making things up… I’m done with your game!” With this I slam the pen on the table over a bit of frustration and begin to make my way towards the door. I hate to end this, but I feel like if I stay here any longer I will lose. Shizune seems like the type to go for a nuclear option if necessary to win, and I just can’t take those chances. So with this, I can kind of win on my own terms.

As I reach for the door handle, another hand shoots out and stops me from even touching it. I look to who it belongs to and Shizune is glaring at me harshly. I glare back at her, and she doesn’t falter for a second. She holds up the notepad next to her face and I read aloud what she has to say one more time. “I’m sorry. You’re right about that stuff. But! You seemed to be having fun just from that. How about we do play a game. If I win, you join. If you win, you’re free to leave.”

“Hmm…” I start to consider her offer. There’s still that same competitive look in her eyes, and if anything I feel like I have it too. “Alright.” I say aloud, although I know she can’t here me. I grab the notepad from her hand and go over to the large desk to start writing down my reply. “What game should we play?” I hand her the notepad and she looks it over a bit before hurrying over to a cabinet. She pulls out a cardboard box with the word “RISK” printed on it, and I can already see where this is going.

As she turns around to show me what she had in mind, I hold up my arms and cross my forearms to tell her “No.” I know for a fact that I’d lose in that game, I’m a horrible strategist. I always charge headfirst and lose every time in something like that. I start scribbling down my idea on the notepad and she peaks over my shoulder to have a look at what I have to say. “I’m no good at games like that. You’d have too much of an advantage. How about a game of wills instead? Something that doesn’t need any thinking.”

Shizune considers for a moment before coming up with a brilliant idea, even snapping her fingers to emphasize how much of a genius she is. She scribbles down on the notepad and I turn my head in confusion at what she’s suggesting. “How about chicken?” I read aloud, not even knowing what the game is. Shizune sees my confusion and starts writing down an explanation of the game. “Chicken is a game where we see who can go the farthest before they pull back. The first one to pull back is the one considered a chicken, and the loser. A better game of wills has never been conceived!”

“Oh… Oh!” I remember this game from when I was younger. We would run at each other from opposite sides of the playground. The one who backed out first was the loser, and I never backed down. When the other person didn’t back down, it was really a matter of who flew back the farthest after the collision.

I nod my head at her, although I don't’ know why she would choose that game. I’m gonna win for sure. She sees how excited I am and blushes for some reason, but continues on nonetheless. I start looking around and try to figure out how the hell we’re going to play, and then suddenly I feel someone closing in on me. I turn around find that Shizune is uncomfortably close to me, and she keeps on closing in even more.

I almost take a step back from her before I realize what’s going on. So she wanted to play the game this way, huh? Well… Two can play it that way! Technically we are two people and this is the only way to play at this point… God dammit.

I blush a bit before I shake my head and take a step in closer to Shizune. Our bodies are rather close to each other and I can feel a bit of heat emanating off of body. Her face is dyed crimson but she shows no signs of giving up. I think the point of the game is to see who can go the farthest without backing down, so I start to lean my face closer to hers.

She closes her eyes and looks away for a second before she steels herself, and she looks directly into my eyes with a hardened will. Our faces are only inches apart and I can feel her breath lightly against my face. I snarl a bit as I get a little closer and I glare at her as hard as I can, trying to psyche her out. But none of it is working. Looks like I have to go a little further. But before I can take the initiative, she moves in a little closer, and now our faces are mere centimeters apart.

The situation feels all too familiar with what happened to Misha, but I can’t really say I’d complain about the outcome. She on the other hand, seems to be quite worried. I close my eyes and close the gap by one millimeter at a time. I open my eyes as I feel her breath against my lips and I take one last look at her. Her eyes are shut tight and she seems to be biting her lower lip out of reluctance. She really doesn’t want to do this. I feel a little bad because I don’t think she thought she’d go this far, but she seems to have a lot of pride. I can definitely admire that.

I put my hands on Shizune’s shoulders and her eyes burst open and I take a few steps back. She stares at me with wide eyes and I just look down at the ground and scratch the back of my head. I look behind me towards the desk and grab the notepad and begin to scribble down thoughts. “Oh no! You won! I surrender!” Writing this makes me sick to the stomach, and it’s pretty obvious that I’m lying.

When Shizune grabs the notepad from me, her eyes go wide for a bit before they soften. But that softness is only there for a second before she thrusts her fist into the air in declaration of her victory. She scribbles quickly onto the notepad and then hands it over to me. Guess she’s going to gloat. “Hah! This is what you get for challenging me to a match of wills! I am unbeatable and unbreakable in that sense! You are now officially my underling in the student council! Congratulations!”

As I’m about to write down my reply, the door suddenly flings open. Misha bursts into the room with a frown on her face. “Waaah! Hicchan! I couldn’t find Shicchan!” she cries out, to which both Shizune and I look at her with a confused look. “Oh, Shicchan!” she cries out, this time giving several hand gestures. Sign language I guess. “Ooooh, so what were you two doing in here, Shicchan?” she asks aloud, still moving her hands so that way Shizune knows what she’s asking.

Shizune’s hands break out into rapid movements and I can barely keep up. After about a minute of signing back and forth, both Misha and Shizune turn to me with a smile. “Congratulations!” Misha exclaims three times in a row, Shizune making the same hand gesture three times in a row. At this point, I can only guess Misha is translating for Shizune.

“Yeah… congratulations to me.” I say in a rather bland and monotone voice. I’m pretty disappointed with the outcome of this. I probably should of just stole the goddamn kiss and been on my way.

“Shicchan says that it’s getting late, and that we already accomplished our mission for the day by recruiting you! She says let’s go out to celebrate! Her treat!” Misha exclaims this loudly and I feel a bit too defeated for dinner. But the grumbling in my stomach says otherwise. I lower my head in defeat and Shizune begins to make her way out the door with her head held high. I think this dinner is moreover a celebration of my defeat more so than me joining the Student Council.

Just before she’s about to leave, Shizune turns around and gives a few gestures to me, all of which fly right over my head. “What’d she say?” I ask Misha, who just smiles at me.

“She said thank you! Now c’mon! I’m hungry!” Misha said before grabbing my arm and pulling me along. I guess Shizune caught on rather quickly to why I gave up in the end. It pisses me off that I had to lose like that, but I think in the end this was still my victory.

I think I found the direction that I might wanna take this. Maybe a Yankee-kun to Megane-chan type of deal. Maybe get them all to join the Student Council and stuff... Maybe! I'm not sure! We'll see what happens...

So! I think I'm going to skip the next encounter and maybe go for a Hisao Day's Out type of thing. Or maybe I'll make that a short and release it with the next encounter, I don't know. Anyway, hope you guys enjoy it and be out with the next chapter in a few days!

Next Encounter should be Lilly and/or Hisao's Day Out
Last edited by MockTugBoat on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guestimate

Post by Guestimate »

I turn my head to the side and close my eyes as I embrace for impact. A loud slapping sound fills the air, but to my own surprise it wasn’t from her face hitting my cheek. I open my eyes and Shizune is looking at me with her head cocked to the side in confusion. She then points to my side and I see a notepad with a pen next to it. “For me?” I say as I point to myself. I think Shizune picks up what I said and only nods.
Typo, I believe. But quite hilarious anyway.
Maybe a Yankee-kun to Megane-chan type of deal.
I have absolutely no idea what that means.
MockTugBoat

Post by MockTugBoat »

Thanks! Small things like that I often miss... edited.

And Yankee-kun to Megana-chan is a manga, which I'm kind of already basing it off of, or at least the beginning inspiration. I was thinking maybe a main character quest to get everybody on the student council so he doesn't have to do as much, but that was an idea of a few hours ago. So I doubt I'd ever follow it.
andros414

Post by andros414 »

MockTugBoat wrote:And Yankee-kun to Megana-chan is a manga, which I'm kind of already basing it off of, or at least the beginning inspiration. I was thinking maybe a main character quest to get everybody on the student council so he doesn't have to do as much, but that was an idea of a few hours ago. So I doubt I'd ever follow it.
That sounds like it could be a fun read, with a chapter or two each covering Hisao working to get Hanako to open up to others and helping to reconcile things between Shizune and Lilly. Could even make a "bargain" with Emi to only continue their runs together if she joined. :lol: I look forward to the direction you take things (and might have to start reading Yankee-kun to Megane-chan here soon).
Shizune > Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin
MockTugBoat

Chapter 6.5

Post by MockTugBoat »

So… I’m not too fantastic with the other girls of the story. I can’t really go too deeply into their personality so it’s a bit hard for me to grasp even the stupid actions that I make people take.

Buuut. I read a few other fan fictions here and there and decided I wanted to add a bunch of things for this Hisao. But... Iunno. If I feel like it maybe I'll add in whole encounters for them. I guess this feels short for me, but it’s not really… So I guess it is a full encounter! But doesn’t really count cuz it’s not one of the main heroines of the game! Instead of Lilly, here’s Suzu~

Chapter 6.5: Sleeping With Suzu

At the moment, I am currently walking around the school, looking for people. It seems like a very strange hobby, people watching, but I really can't help myself. And considering how unique all the people at this school are, I'll either feel really bad in the end or just be that much more interested in what I find. I spot a bench not too far away and claim it as mine for the time being. The view is fantastic and I have good vision of the entire opening. There are plenty of students walking around because class just ended, and this nice and open area is perfect for those after school hangouts.

I stare out into the school courtyard and everything seems to be pretty average. Although I know everybody here has something wrong with them... or at least the students. At that moment I see Misha frolicking by, carrying a stack of papers. Oh yeah, Student Council Meeting... I'll get to that later. I wonder what Misha's problem is. Maybe some strange hair disease that turns your hair into drills. I spend the next few moments playing a game that I made. "Guess What's Wrong!" Within a few seconds of making this game, I already feel horrible.

"Bah!" I let out my frustration at myself and throw my arms to the side, although nobody seems to notice. I feel a little lonely that nobody even cares enough to put aside their precious time to notice something weird. And that realization just makes me feel like more of a loser. I lower my head a bit, but from the angle I'm at I'm mainly focusing on what's out of my peripherals. There's a girl with light blue hair by herself leaning against a tree. She looks kind of cute from this angle, but I really wanna see... Oh god! She just fell over!

My badass hero instincts kick in, and I'm off! Those morning runs with Emi have got to be good for something. But to save a girl who mysteriously fell ill; I can't think of anything better. As soon as I close that small gap between us, I feel my heart pounding. This blue-haired girl is just lying down on the ground, completely passed out. "Oh my god..." I say to myself slowly as I lean over and poke her side a bit. "She's dead!" I exclaim, attracting the attention of several people walking by.

There's only one chance to saver her, I saw it on a TV show before. I grab her shoulders and start shaking her violently. "Live!" I cry out, trying to use my sheer willpower to revive this girl from the dead. Suddenly, her eyes slowly start to open, and quickly widen when the shock of being shaken hits her. "Oh good, you're alive." I say as I let go of her shoulders. She falls to the ground once more because the momentum that I had built up for her didn't just up and leave.

"Wha-what?" she manages to stammer the words out and I crouch next to her in a classic delinquent fashion. She scoots back a bit and looks at her body before standing up and brushing herself off. "Go away." she says before flashing me an ice cold glare. I return her glare and she quickly becomes frightened. I stand up and take a few steps towards her, and she leans against the tree to try and create more space between us.

"That's no way to talk to someone who just saved your... Hey." I quickly say, dropping my angry facade in an instant. "You're the girl from my class, uhh... The one with the funny name! Suzu Suzuki!" I exclaim. Her face turns red from anger and she stomps her foot down onto mine. "Ow!" I exclaim, hopping back a few feet in pain. She quickly takes advantage of this small opening and starts turning to leave, but I grab onto her shoulder for support of my own hopping. "Wait." I say before I slowly lower my foot down back to the ground.

She shows a bit of reluctance, but I force her to turn around and look at me in the eyes. "I'm sorry about that... Are you okay?" I ask her with a bit of concern in my voice. Her angry face seems to lighten up a bit before she let out a sigh.

“You’re just an idiot, huh?” Suzu asked me before shaking her head and brushing my hand off of her shoulder. She then turned around and started walking away again. I stomped my foot down in anger and grabbed onto her shoulder again, this time twirling her around and grabbing onto both her shoulders to keep her from getting away.

“Yo-“ She tried to let out a word but I won’t let her. I glared at her so hard that her face turned pale from fear.

“Good… Now what the hell was that?!” I ask her angrily, shaking her a little just like I did earlier. “First I save your life, then I just wanna make sure you’re okay. And you just go and call me an idiot? What the hell, Suzu?” I banter on angrily about my own heroics and her bitchy actions to them. At the very least I think that I deserve a thank you.

Her expression softens a bit and she lets out a sigh very similar to the one before. “Yeah, you definitely are an idiot.” Before I can get a word out, she puts a finger to my lips and calms me down instantly. “I’m only going to explain this to you once, so listen up.” She tells me and I just silently nod to her.

“This type of stuff happens to me a lot. Everybody has a problem at this school… Mine is staying awake, I guess is the easiest way to put it.” I nod at her explanation and I feel myself get a little excited.

“Oh, I have problems staying awake too. In class and stuff. It’s boring y’know. Is that why you’re always sleeping too?” I ask her and she looks at me like I’m an idiot.

“Uhh… yeah. I fall asleep even if I don’t want to, though. I’m pretty sure you could stay awake in class if you tried.” She says to me with a little smirk and I shake my head no.

“Trust me, even if I tried I think I would still fall asleep…” I say this a little innocently and she lets out a small giggle. I can’t really tell if it’s because what I said was funny, or if she’s just laughing because of my ignorance. My hope is for the first, my guess is the latter.

“Yeah, but. I don’t know. I was trying to relax a little, and someone said they’d hang out with me. But I guess they forgot…” She says this and I see a bit of sadness flash in her eyes. But it instantly disappears and she goes back to looking at me with annoyed face. “Anyway, you got your explanation. So you didn’t save my life, so I don’t owe you anything. So I’ll be taking my leave.” She finishes her angry banter and then starts heading off on her own.

I stand there for a few seconds, not really knowing how to take in what just happened. All the other goddamn girls that I talk to seem to be friendly with me in the end. Why the hell is she so… arrrgh!

I stop thinking for a second and start running towards her. I quickly catch up and put my hand on her shoulder and turn her around once more. “Ugh, what the hell?” she says, obviously very annoyed by me bugging her again.

“Well… I don't’ know. You said you were waiting for somebody, right?” I begin to say, not really knowing where I’m trying to go with this. “And you said you had a hard time staying awake, I’m guessing that’s because it’s easier to stay awake if someone else is bugging you, right?” I ask her and she only hardens her glare at me with each passing word. Better get to the point.

“Umm… I’m not really doing anything right now, and I’d hate for you to lose your relaxation time, I know I would. So uhh…” God this feels so awkward. Her face has definitely lightened up a bit and she’s just looking at me a little confused. Okay, go for the kill. “I don’t know, I guess I can help you… stay awake?” A really weird way of asking her to hang out for a little out of pity, but hell, I think she gets the point.

She narrows her eyes for a second, and I think all that’s going through her head is her trying to figure out if I’m real or not. She then lets out a sigh and shakes her head really quick. “I’m guessing you won’t leave me alone unless I do… Creeper.” I frown a bit at her remark, but the smile on her face instantly brightens me up.

“So… is that a yes?” I ask a little confused, hoping that I could at least make another new friend for the day. She lets out another annoyed sigh while nodding her head, and then starts to walk back towards the tree where she fell earlier, and I quickly follow after her.

We end up hanging out for only an hour before she ends up falling asleep. I want to wake her up, but since we were sitting next to each other, she ended up resting her head on my shoulder. I’m a little embarrassed. No, really embarrassed. But I think it’d be pretty rude to wake her up, considering now that I know she isn’t dying. So I guess I’ll just have to sit and wait. But while I wait, I guess I might as well catch up on a few Z's while I'm at it. This time it's her turn to save my life.

So! I don't know, I read something about her, and wanted to write one myself. So here it is! I'll probably update a lot faster, within the next three days... Or today even! And I'm also gonna do that thing, where I edit the topic to say when I updated it. Cuz apparently that's the cool thing to do now. Anyway, see you guys later, hope you enjoyed, and all that fun stuff.
Guest90206

Re: Katawa Yankee (Updated 4/26/12)

Post by Guest90206 »

He's very awkward, isn't he?

He reacts exactly how I can see myself reacting in that situation: awkwardly.

This story makes me chuckle. Keep up the good work!
Hanabro to the end.
Guestimate

Post by Guestimate »

This wasn't your best chapter IMO. Too over the top. It seems you sacrificed believably for silliness.
MockTugBoat

Post by MockTugBoat »

@Guestimate
Yeah, I felt that way too about the final product. I was gonna do a thousand more words worth of build up, but I was writing it during a gap in my schedule and just wanted to get it out.

I might go back and change it later.

@The other guy
Yes! That's a good word for what I'm trying to make him. Awkward. Never thought about it! But I'm trying to make him a little awkward in terms of that he's kind of a guy that doesn't really know how to socialize properly, but he also doesn't hold any fear in trying. So the combination is what I think would end up like this, a guy who knows that he's awkward, but still does it anyway because he lacks any amount of care as to why he should stop.

Right now the way the Lilly encounter is turning out, it kind of strings a sort of continuity along even though it can be seen as nothing is going on. But so far it's a bit of his own frustration getting the best of him. And the Rin encounter is where I plan to pop the frustration bubble. Then the Kenji is the cooldown. Then I'm going to get into a fight scene which I've been looking forward to writing.

It might seem like I'm rabbling on, cuz I kinda am. I usually don't plan things out unless it's as I go. And if at least I put my ideas somewhere in some form, I'll have something to go off of before I forget.

Anyway~ I'll probably have Lilly's encounter out by tomorrow... or the day after~ Or tonight if I end up being sad and being alone on a Friday night. Bad moods are good for my writing. If anybody notices the quality suddenly pick up, it's because I'm slightly saddened by something.

And for now, goodbye and good luck comrades. El Psy Congroo.
Guest90206

Post by Guest90206 »

MockTugBoat wrote:...he's kind of a guy that doesn't really know how to socialize properly, but he also doesn't hold any fear in trying.
Oh god.
MockTugBoat wrote:...Rin encounter is where I plan to pop the frustration bubble.
Oh good jesus.
MockTugBoat wrote:...fight scene...
Holy what.

This is gonna be great. Holy jesus this is gonna be great.
Hanabro to the end.
MockTugBoat

Chapter 7

Post by MockTugBoat »

Arrrgh. Super late update~ For now on I’m not gonna make a date label, cuz I feel like I just make people angry for those who actually read this.

I wrote this in two and a half hours cuz my class got canceled. And as I was wondering what to do, I was just like, “MY PEOPLE NEED ME!”

I think I enjoyed writing this chapter the most, so I hope that it’s good? I’ll proofread it later, or someone will point out my mistakes. But for now I’ve got class.

Alright folks, I hope you enjoy the chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it! As always, leave your feedback! Always makes me happy to hear from anybody! See you guys next time~

Chapter 7: Encounter: Lilly

Right now, I’m pretty sure that I’m sleeping in class. I can’t really tell exactly, though. I keep hearing everything going on around me, and I can also see everything that’s going on around me as well. But my body seems to be having a hard time responding to everything. It’s like a mixture of pure exhaustion, laziness, and lack of an attention span has all come together to form this new sensation. I do not really hate it, but I’m not really enjoying it either. I feel like there is a word for this feeling, but my apparent lack of vocabulary is finally getting the best of me.

While I stare off at Mutou and listen to his lecture, the bell suddenly rings. It’s strange how a sound can be helped to program somebody. It’s like that bell is signifying that my day is about to begin. But god dammit, it sure as hell doesn’t mean that my day is about to begin. First I’m going to have to go do Student Council shit. Then I think I’m gonna go for a run with Emi to try and burn off some frustration. But y’know what?! It doesn’t fucking help!

‘Running is good for you Hisao! It just takes all the stress away!’ I imagine her yelling at me in my head, and then there is a short image of her pulling me along. I smile a little at the thought, but I’m also dreading the idea of putting any more stress on myself for the day… I think I need to return Hanako’s manga? Will she run away? What volume am I on? God dammit! And then there’s Suzu too. She wants me to take her out to repay her for being such a weirdo. I can’t help it!

It’s at moments like these, where I really think I need a break. To god damn go sit down in my room, and take some time to do nothing. I’m happy that I have friends now. Considering that so far they’re all girls too, oh god damn am I happy. But when all of my time suddenly starts to become their time, I feel like I’m going to explode. This has never been a problem before… I wonder if having friends is supposed to be this stressful?

Should I go back to my old ways? No, then I’ll just hurt some people’s feelings and feel like a jackass in the end. Maybe I should get into a fight! But then I have the risk of dying because my heart will drop. And who the hell would I fight? Not like there’s anybody worth fighting here in terms of strength. Let alone a god damn reason to fight! I’ll just feel bad and then people will be all like “Hey look, it’s that guy who beat up the cripple kid.” Would they get mad at me cuz’ I’m technically a cripple kid now too? This is too confusing. I really need some down time… Y’know what, yeah. Down time sounds rather nice.

“Hiccha-“ I don’t let Misha finish her normal greeting to me at the end of class. I slam my hands down on the desk and stand up immediately. The shock and sudden loud noise attracts a bit of attention, but it did the job of making her quiet.

“No. Today I’m taking a day off.” I tell her straight up. Her eyes look a little defeated because by now, she knows how stubborn I am. And she knows that the look she’s giving me right now is the ultimate offense against me. I turn away and cross my arms in triumph as I try to ignore her cute and pouty look.

“But Hicchan!” she cries out, grabbing onto my arm and forcing me to turn my head towards her. She stares at me with those big sad eyes and I grunt at the sight. God damn she’s good. I bite my lower lip and turn my head away and brush her off really quick.

“Trust me Misha, this is better for you and me.” I start to say before I hear the loud tapping of a foot coming from right behind Misha. I gulp a bit and I realize I was only dealing with the foot soldiers at this point. I turn towards the source of the sound hesitantly and see that Shizune is staring at me with her arms crossed underneath her chest, and her cheeks are puffed out a little in anger. “Uhhh…” I slowly say as I realize that the general has decided to join this battle.

Misha’s hands move at the speed of something really really fast in order to sign something to Shizune. Shizune moves at an equally impressive speed and I realize that their own language is a good enough distraction as any. I start slowly drifting towards the door with my backpack and then try to increase my speed to make a quick getaway. Before I can even get close to the door, Shizune somehow manages to get in front of me to block my way out. She still has the same angry look from earlier, albeit her cheeks a little red from anger.

“Uhh… Shizune!” I shout out. She signs something to me, but for obvious reasons it goes over my head.

“You aren’t getting away Hicchan! I… Shicchan won’t let you skip two days in one week!” Misha shouts from behind me. A two-pronged attack, how daring. I’ve been picking a little up on my war lingo from playing RISK a few times with Shizune. I lose every time because I’m a little too direct apparently, but she never seems to find my simple strategies a bore. That’s it! The only way to beat Shizune is to be direct. So I shall do the most direct thing that I can think of.

“I’m sorry Misha, Shizune. I really need this.” I start to say as I start taking a few slow steps forward. “And I’m not going to let you stop me.” I say to Shizune, her eyes widening as she realizes that I’m not stopping. I soon have my leg right between Shizune’s and I straighten my knee, almost hitting her skirt on the way. I give her one last glare to try and make her stand down, but she simply returns it with equal force. Brave soul, but you’re no match for me. I take another step forward and this time my leg is behind hers, and then I take another, and another.

I slowly start pushing Shizune back, and she desperately tries to keep me in the room with all her strength. I may be weak from all those days in the hospital, but sure as hell I can’t push you out of the way. I puff out my chest a bit and I feel it hit hers a little. She turns a deep shade of red, and lets go of the door edges. I then make a quick step to the left and get behind her and start running away as fast as I can.

I smile in triumph as I run through the hallways, and I can feel my heart pounding from the adrenaline. I think I’m even blushing a little from the thought of Shizune’s chest touching my own. But this is a key victory in my book, possibly the first time that I’ve officially won against Shizune. In the midst of my excitement, a quick sting of my heart quickly brings me out of it.

“Fuck.” I say as I quickly feel my knees buckle and I fall straight to the ground. I slide a bit on the tile floor, and I can’t help but feel a bit foolish at this point. My heart continues to pound rapidly, and I’m pretty sure at this point its karma telling me “You fucked up.” I turn over and look around desperately for some help. Red spider webs cloud my vision and I can only see one person, who is currently wearing a rather concerned look on their face.

“Oh my.” She says very sweetly. Her voice is like honey to my ears at this point, and not only because she is my potential savior. I hear a faint clicking noise, and then suddenly feel something poke at my chest. “Oh!” she lets out a slight gasp of shock before she starts to get on her knees and pat around. Just what the hell is she doing? Can’t she see I’m in pain here?! Her hands suddenly somehow find their way to my face and she feels around a bit, before pulling back in embarrassment.

“Oh, I’m so sorry. Are you okay?” she asks, a complete look of worry on her face. I’m a little astounded at her caring for a stranger, and it makes me feel a little happy on the inside. And the fact that I can barely make out a pretty face through the spider webs of death makes me feel very safe for some reason.

“Y-yeah… Mind h-helping me?” I manage to stutter out. The pain from my heart flutter isn’t necessarily the worst that I’ve felt, and I’m pretty sure that it’ll subside soon. But it still hurts like hell.

“Oh oh oh… Somebody, help!” she cries out, obviously not knowing what to do. I hear her hands pat the ground a few times before finding their way to my chest. The look on her face turns to a strange mixture of embarrassment and shock. It’s like she felt how crazy my heart was going at the moment.

I feel the pain in my chest slowly begin to subside and I grab onto her hand unconsciously. I squeeze it tightly as the pain feels like it wants to go through one more ride before letting me go. She lets out a small grunt of pain from how tightly I’m squeezing, but I can’t help but steel my grip. The pain finally decides to leave me, and I can feel everything going back to normal.

My vision slowly clears from its blurry state, and my heart rhythm starts to go back to normal. I soften my grip on her hand, but I keep a gentle hold of it for the sake of comfort. As my vision finally clears up, I get a good view of the girl that was at my side. Beautiful is the only real word that comes to mind. She has pale white skin and light blonde hair. Her eyes are half open, and I can make out that her eyes are a clouded shade of blue. There’s a slight blush on her cheeks for some reason, and I realize it a bit too late.

I let go of her hand and roll away a bit before sitting up against the wall. “Thank-thank you.” I say between breaths. Her face that was once filled with concern and embarrassment seems to lighten up quite a bit before she pats the ground a few more times. She grasps onto the cane that she poked my chest with earlier and slowly stands up. I get a better view of her whole body, and I must say that I’m rather impressed. Her bust is a very nice size, although it is a little hidden by the school uniform. She looks monstrously tall from this angle, although I’m pretty sure that she’s a little shorter than me. Her skirt is fairly long compared to the other girls at school, but it doesn’t help hide her nice round hips.

I find myself blushing at my forward analysis of the girl and she slowly makes her way over to me. “Are you okay?” she asks with a little concern in her voice. For some reason she’s constantly keeping her eyes closed, and I don’t really know how she’s making her way towards me with… Oh. Okay, I think I get it.

“Oh, yeah. I’m okay.” I say a little sheepishly as I look up at the amazon standing above me.

Her face lightens up again and she gives me a light smile. “Oh thank god. I heard something crash into the ground and I thought that someone was in trouble. Little did I know that the thing that crashed… was the thing that was in trouble.” She gives a quick and innocent giggle. “May I ask what happened?” she suddenly asks, a partial look of confusion on her face.

“Uhhh…” I start to hesitate a bit before I look down at myself. I think I’m good enough to stand up. I grab onto the railing that’s above me and pull myself up. The girl takes a few steps back to give me some room as she quickly realizes what I’m doing. After I stand up, I confirm my assumptions that I’m taller than her, and then smile a bit to myself. “Umm…” I hesitate again. I don’t really feel like admitting my weakness, especially to somebody I just met. But she did stay with me the entire time. And she must be an angel for showing this much concern for somebody. I think she at least deserves a slight explanation.

“I umm. I had a little, uh, episode.” I say this and she just cocks her head to the side. Before she has time to ask, I quickly wave my hands around to try and tell her to stop. I feel like an idiot at what I just did and I bow my head in shame.

“Oh… Was it your…” she seems to be hesitating a bit with her question. There is obvious curiosity in her, but I think she’s not rude enough to pester any further. The look of confusion on her face slowly gives way to a sweet smile. “It does not matter.” She says confidently. I’m a little relieved at this, but I think she already knows what’s wrong with me. “Umm, I am sure that after your… episode.” She takes a bit of time to think of the right word to use, and simply goes with using the one that I had used to describe it myself. “You need a bit of rest… Right now I’m on my way to go and relax a bit. Would you care to join me?”

Whether it is that she found something she liked in me and is just really straight forward, or complete caring, this girl is now inviting me to come and relax with her. I probably should go see the nurse, and I’m pretty sure that she knows that too. But I think she feels some bit of responsibility for me, considering she ‘helped’ me, but didn’t really do anything. “Umm… sure.” I say with a smile on my face.

She smiles back at me and holds out her hand a little. I’m very familiar with the feel of it already, but I think that this is for an introduction. I quickly grasp her hand and she seems to jump a little at my sudden action. I shake her hand up and down really quick and try and give her a very bright smile. “My name is Hisao Nakai, it’s a pleasure to meet you… and sorry for squeezing your hand earlier. Are you okay?” I ask her. She seems taken back a bit from my question, but she quickly giggles and gives me a rather warm smile.

“My name is Lilly Satou, it’s a pleasure to meet you Hisao.” She says, returning my handshake with a light shake of her own. I keep holding her hand for a bit and I feel like I did do something wrong. A tiny blush crawls over her face for a second and I realize why. “And, my hand is absolutely fine. No need to worry.” She reassures me, and I feel like a small weight has been lifted off my back.

I let go of her hand and I stand next to her a little hesitant at what to do. “Uhh… after you, I guess.” I say a little awkwardly. She simply gives me a nod and a smile and then turns to face forward. She takes her cane and then retracts it and puts it into her bag. I think she just used it to help navigate her way and make sure she didn’t trip over anything when she heard me fall. She grabs onto the railings that are all over the walls of the school, and begins to slowly lead me towards her destination.

During the full minute or so that we are walking with each other, there is complete silence. But I can’t necessarily label it an awkward silence. For some strange reason, it feels a little comforting. Call it the girl’s aura, but I feel very content around her for whatever reason. Oh god, wait, no! I need to rethink this… She’s such a kind and gentle soul. And I’m… Me! Sure enough if we start talking and she gets to know me, she’ll probably be a little disgusted. Oh no. Uhh… Fuck. I think I should leave before she gets that chance.

“H-“ I’m about to get the words out of my mouth to excuse myself, she makes a sudden bright exclamation.

“Ah, we’re here.” she says very softly. This time I think she’s a little excited though, because her volume was a little higher this time. She turns to me with a look of confusion and cocks her head to the side. “Oh, were you going to say something?”

“Uhh.” It’s now or never man. Better just end it quickly. “No, it was nothing.” I say a little sheepishly, scratching the back of my head after doing so. She nods to me and then opens up the door to the room, and I follow after her shortly. I can’t help but feel like my biggest weakness isn’t my heart anymore.

I walk into the room and look around a bit, but I’m a little caught off guard by the fact that I decided to stay. I seem to be distracting myself this time around, and all I can really make out is the table in front of me. “Please. Have a seat.” Lilly brings me out of my dazed state and it seems that she’s set up an entire tea set during my short little escape from reality. I nod my head and quickly shake it as I realize that body language is no good in this situation. I pull out the seat across from her and sit myself down, scooting in a bit more to make myself comfortable.

We sit there in silence as she starts to pour me tea. I feel a little out of place in such a peaceful situation, and Lilly doesn’t seem to be picking up on my distress at all. She just calmly continues to prepare tea, a cup for me, and then a cup for her. That strange aura I mentioned earlier seems to have spread this time, but not just to me, but it holds its effect over the entire room. I look down at my tea for a second and then look back towards Lilly, who is calmly taking a sip of her with her eyes closed. She lets out a tiny sigh after she is done, and then sets the cup of tea back onto the saucer.

I pick up my cup of tea and stare at the light coloring of it, raising my eyebrow at the light reflection of myself in the flavored water. “Is something the matter?” Lilly suddenly asks me, a slight look of worry on her face. My eyes widen and I realize that I’ve failed to say anything for quite some time, or maybe she’s just worried that I haven’t had a single sip of my tea yet.

“No! Nothings wrong.” I say quickly before taking a rather quick gulp of my tea. My eyes widen a bit as the hot liquid goes straight down my throat, burning every single part of my mouth that it passes. “Ahh!” I let out a quick shout of pain after I’m done swallowing my tea, placing the cup back onto its saucer. Lilly seems a bit shocked at my reaction and I feel the need to calm her a bit. “Hah… Hah…” I let out a few quick breaths before chuckling a little to myself. “It. It tastes great.” I say while chuckling a little. Lilly seems to start giggling as well and we spend a few short seconds as we laugh with each other, even if it’s at my expense.

“So, Hisao.” She suddenly says a little after giggling. I straighten my back a bit at the sound of her voice, feeling like I need to be a little bit more professional in her company for whatever reason. “Do you know a girl named Hanako?”

“Uhh, yeah! The quiet girl, right?” I say rather quickly, Lilly nodding my head with a little hesitance from my answer. I should probably add a little more. “Yeah, Hanako is pretty cool. Our first encounter was a little… more than awkward.” I say as I lightly chuckle to myself, recalling the strangeness of our first meeting. “But, she gave me a bunch of manga. I really like em’, so I think we have the same tastes. I kinda want to talk to her a little more, though. Don’t have many people to talk about that type of stuff with. ” I say, drifting off a little on the last word as I think what it would be like to actually hold a conversation with the girl.

I look back towards Lilly who seems to have a rather warm smile on her face. “Oh, I see. That’s really good.” She says before giggling a little bit for no reason. “I’m sure she’d love to talk to you as well.” She says with a smile on her face. I don't’ really get it, but I think the two of them know each other in some way.

“You think so? Are you one of her friends or something?” I ask her, Lilly nodding her head in return.

“Yes, Hanako is one of my dear friends…” She says, trailing off a little on the last word like I did just moments ago. “She told me that she let a boy named Hisao Nakai some of her collection. She mostly reads novels and the like, but she does enjoy those types of things as well.” Lilly informs me about her friend, and I feel a little happy on the inside hearing it all. It’s a little hard for a tough guy like me to nerd out with somebody, let alone a girl. So I think having someone like that will definitely be worth making friend’s with.

“Oh, that’s pretty awesome! I’ll try and talk to her the next time I see her, I guess.” I tell Lilly, her smile starting to fade away slightly, this time looking a little sadder than normal.

“Ah, okay. But do be gentler with her, please. I would hate to think that every encounter would be like your first one.” She says before giggling a little, taking another sip of her tea shortly after.

“Heheh… yeah…” I say a little awkwardly, taking a sip of my own tea. I put the cup back onto the saucer and look towards Lilly. She really is beautiful, especially compared to the other girls. There’s this maturity about her that I can’t really label otherwise. I blush a little when she looks my way, as if somehow feeling my intense staring. “So uh, I think you already know that I’m in Mutou’s class… which class are you in?” I ask her, to which she puts down her teacup to give me an answer.

“I’m in class 3-2. It’s taught by Miyagi, and is specifically for both blind and partially blind students.”

“Ahh, so I was right, you’re blind.” I say a bit triumphantly, taking a sip from my tea to congratulate myself. “Er, uhh…” I start to stumble a bit over my words when I come to the realization that I had just stated the obvious. “So umm, why do you come here?” I ask a little nervously. Lilly picks up on how I feel fairly quickly, and she just keeps on smiling. I wonder if her cheeks hurt, she’s been smiling basically this entire conversation.

“I usually come in here during lunch, when I’m not busy with my duties as a class representative. Or after school if I feel like relaxing.” She explains to me, taking a sip of her tea. She seems to have finished hers before mine and then waves her hand back and forth. “Excuse me, Hisao, would you like some more?” she asks me, I nod to her and open my mouth a little.

“Uhh, yes please.” I say hesitantly. I look down at my cup and see that it’s still half full. I throw my head back and chug the rest of the tea, stifling my cries of pain from the slightly warm tea as I set the cup back onto the table. Lilly nods and then begins to pour my tea before pouring her own. She seems to use her fingers to measure, and I’m rather impressed by how she’s adapted to her disability. After she finishes with my cup, she pours her own.

“So you’re the class rep, huh? Just like Shizune. I’d guess that you two know each other.” I begin to say. She stops pouring for a second, nods, and then goes back to pouring. What type of reaction was that? “Heheh, yeah. She’s kind of a pain. But she’s all right. Strong willed and the like, I think that’s pretty cool. But she tricked me into joining the Student Council… Skipping right now, actually.” I chuckle a bit at my antics, and Lilly seems to smile at the idea of me skipping out on my Student Council duties.

“Ah, I see. How unfortunate… Can you not just leave if you don’t want to be in it?” Lilly asks me, stirring some sugar or something into her tea. I wasn’t really paying attention.

“Yeah… I probably could.” I start to say, remembering back to the moment that got me to join the student council in the first place. “Buuuut, a deal is a deal. I promised Shizune I’d join, and I’m gonna stick with it. I’m not the type of guy who backs down from a promise, or a challenge, I guess.” I start opening up to her a little more, scratching my cheek a little to at least try and feel embarrassed at being so open to strangers.

Lilly smiles and nods her head a bit. “That’s very admirable of you, Hisao.” She compliments me, to which I flash her a big grin in return. I usually feel some type of apprehension in smiling like this, but I guess I feel a little more comfortable because she can’t see.

We sit there for a few moments in silence, just drinking our respective drinks every now and then. I feel like we had a good momentum going, why did I let it end with a compliment? “You said you come here to relax, right? Is your job stressful or something?”

Lilly finishes sipping her tea and rapidly nods her head, giving a light sigh and a worried look on her face. “Yes, it is fairly stressful. Even though it’s just the beginning of the year, it all really starts to pile up quickly.” She tells me, which I smile slightly at. For whatever reason I can’t help but smile with the idea that someone else gets stressed out too. Maybe I don’t feel alone, or maybe I’m just sadistic. Probably the latter.

I let out my own sigh and lean my elbow on the table, resting my head on my hand. “Yeah, I’ve been pretty stressed out too. That’s the reason why I’m skipping today. Being the new kid is pretty hard, but at least it’s the beginning of the year… And I’m making a lot of new friends. So I guess that’s good. Compared to my old school, I think I actually prefer this…” I spill my heart out to her and start to draw off a little, looking out the nearby window. There’s barely any sun left outside. Just how long have we been talking?

“Ah… It’s getting pretty late.” I inform her, it must be a little hard to tell considering… you know.

Lilly looks a little surprised for a second, but quickly regains her composure. “Ah, really? I could hardly tell…” She says in an almost dreamy voice. I guess she got lost in the talk too. That’s good! That means I haven’t completely destroyed my chances of a new friend.

“Hehe, yeah. Maybe I should get going, I still have homework due tomorrow. So a few more hours of procrastination, then I’ll get to it.” I laugh a little, although what I said is probably the truth.

Lilly giggles a little in return and gives a light sigh. “Yes, same goes for me.” She says lightly, sipping the rest of her tea and getting ready to put it away. I grab her hand rather quickly to stop her, and there’s a serious look of surprise on her face.

“Don’t worry about that, I’ll clean it up. You go on ahead.” I say as I still hold her hand. I flash her a really soft and warm smile, although it goes unseen. But I think my smile is so awesome and warm that she can feel it, because her face turns a little red. I look down at her hand and quickly let go of it, grabbing everything as fast as I can to ensure that she doesn’t do any work.

“Ah, Hisao, no…” she start to say, looking a little helpless as I start putting everything away. I think that she thinks that I’m feeling bad for her.

“Don’t worry about it.” I say as I start putting everything away onto the shelves. There’s a sink in the room and I clean up what I can there, shortly putting it away to dry right after. When I’m done, Lilly just looks at me with a half worried smile on her face. I walk up to her and put my hand on her shoulder. “Least I could do, you saved me today, y’know.” I start to explain to her.

“Ah… all I did was help you rest. You probably should have went to the nurses…” She says slowly, trying to debunk what I said. I shake my head.

“Yeah, you’re probably right about the nurse thing.” I say before chuckling a little at the tiny amount of pink that shows clearly on her face. “But I mean like… Y’know how I was talking about my stress? Today it got pretty bad… You kinda helped for that, so you really did help me a lot.” I start to say to her, her face starting to look a little embarrassed from what I’m saying. “It isn’t much to just put a tea set away, but thank you, I’ll pay you back sometime.” I say to her before I grab her hand and shake it a little, signifying my goodbye. “Alright, I guess I better get going.” I say before I turn around.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and I quickly turn around to find a smiling Lilly. “It’s not polite to just leave without letting me say my thank you as well.” She giggles a little after saying this, apparently she likes teasing me a tiny bit. “Thank you for keeping me company today. Usually Hanako is the one to accompany me during lunch or after school, but she was quite busy today. It was nice having someone with me, especially someone such as yourself.” She says very warmly.

I blush at her compliment as a million thoughts go through my mind as to what she could have meant by that. “Sa-same… Thank you. It was really nice.” I say once again, still feeling a little embarrassed from what she said.

“Okay then, Hisao, I should get going as well. Hopefully we can spend some time together again, I had a really good time talking to you. You can come and spend lunch with me and Hanako any time that you want, I’m sure she would be thrilled.” She says to me before departing from the room, stopping at the doorway to wave goodbye to me. I wave back and then Lilly simply smiles at me and then goes on her own way.

I smack myself for waving goodbye to Lilly, but I’m pretty sure she assumed that I waved goodbye back. I sit down on the chair that I had just sat on and let out a sigh. Not a sigh of disappointment or a sigh of frustration. But… I don’t know what to label it. I just know that it feels good, that’s all.

Last edited by MockTugBoat on Mon May 07, 2012 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackWaltzTheThird

Re: Katawa Yankee (Updated 5/7/12)

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Alright, first of all;
MockTugBoat wrote:But I think my smile is so awesome and warm that she can feel it, because her face turns a little red.
This made me chuckle far too loud for what is appropriate in a lecture. Second;
MockTugBoat wrote:You probably should of went to the nurses…
Should have. I don't mean to sound pedantic, but that is the single most annoying mistake people make. Anyway; as these chapters go on I find Hisao to be increasingly un-jerkass-like. However, I think I can attribute this to him thinking with his penis and doing what things would most likely get him into the sack with each girl. In fact, I would not be surprised if he did lay more than one. Considering Suzu is in this one, this could make for an interesting experience, what with her narcolepsy and all... But, I digress. Nice work.
Cheers, BlackWaltz.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Guestimate

Post by Guestimate »

I must say this was a very good chapter. I'm guessing Lilly could actually feel Hisao's heart attempting to do back flips there? Oh, and I'm looking forward to the fight scene, at least, as long as it is for a good reason (preferably in defense of someone).
MockTugBoat

Post by MockTugBoat »

@Black
Glad you liked it!

Hehe, sorry bout that. Force of habit. I actually told myself not to do that, and it was just going to be a way of Hisao's own dialogue. I figured he would use improper grammar, and especially something like that, or at least when talking. For Lilly though it was a total mistake cuz she's all fine and elegant and the like.

And yeah, Hisao is a bit less of a jerkass than I intended him to be. But it'll all unfold out after the Rin chapter most likely. It's like... I don't know, I moved around a lot as a kid. And I had to put on a different face every single time. And the pressure that builds up from living that false identity and trying to act like someone you're not kinda builds up. Sure this Hisao is partly expressing his own feelings in how nice he's acting, but he's definitely not used to it. I tried to get a tiny point across that he's blaming the stress on everything else around him, rather than the cause of the stress being himself. And Rin being the philosophic person that she is, will probably have something to do with bringing it out a little.

I might be putting a little bit too much thought into my own writing, considering I'm not too fantastic compared to the other folks of the board. But everything I write (usually) has some type of meaning behind it in the end.

@Guestimate

Glad you liked it, too! Right on about the Lilly thing! And right now I haven't really planned it out too much... I just know that I'm going to write one. Probably gonna involve defending somebody. OH! I know! Field trip to the beach... Ish. Damn, what season did I make this again? I'll figure something out.

@Anybody who I hope to consider a potential fan, actually reads everything, people who skim, or people who want to put comments to help my self esteem.

So like, I've been writing a lot more. Not just for this, but moreover around everywhere. So things feel like they flow easier now for whatever reason. Usually whenever I write, it's all in one sitting. Cuz when inspiration strikes me it will disappear like that if I don't keep it up. I'm a tiny bit lost on what to do with Rin at the moment. Usually talking to people helps me get my ideas out a lot easier, so any questions, comments, anything! Would love to hear. It helps me a lot, even if you don't realize it.
Kayo12

Post by Kayo12 »

I've been following this and I love both the premise and the individual chapters you've been posting. The Hanako and Lilly ones are my favorite!
I also like how Hisao stands up to and challenges Shizune, making him a good foil for her.
Keep up the good work, man!

Also, I hope that your version of Hisao is on the Lilly or Hanako route. I would love to see the bad ass end up with the prim and proper girl or the shy wallflower.