Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Oddball

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Oddball »

Guest Poster wrote:Online forums aren't the most reliable places for that kind of counsel to begin with unless they're support groups specifically created for that purpose and even then the advice you get isn't always reliable. We're all arm-chair therapists here anyway.
I'm more of a flip out sofa therapist.
Not Dead Yet
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

So, there's this really cool girl a year above me that just transferred to my school about a week ago and is on the cross country team. She's really fast, and she's not Emi bouncy, but she's happy and confident in a sort of chilled out way, which I like too. I've found that I've been able to talk to her, and actually do a fairly decent job at it. I think part of the reason I found myself pushing myself to talk to her instead of hiding away is that I really felt it might be worth it for once. I was even seriously considering asking her out at some point in the near future, the first time that's happened in a long time, and I thought I even stood a chance as an equal. She laughed at my jokes, and was super nice when we talked. Me, having a real shot! Crazy!

Except she apparently has a boyfriend of two and a half years that she really loves and thinks might want to marry her. And I'm just finding that out now after overhearing a conversation when I was running by.

Honestly, I'm not crushed by this or anything. She's only been here a little over a week now, so it's not like I was in love or anything. Still, it's just... why? That's the only way I can think to put it right now. There's no nice reason for that, whether all of this is random or not. Why does life gotta dangle the little carrot in my face like that? It looks good, but there's only so many times it can get pulled away before I start to lose my appetite, y'know?

Here I am, finding motivation to really break away from inside myself and reach out, and then life gives me the big middle finger again right when I start believing in it. I don't get it. Funny thing is, I found myself getting mad at her and then her boyfriend for a minute before I realized how damn absurd that was. Like... how stupid. How dare they be happy, right? Those jerks.

Ah well, just needed to vent that out somewhere. My parents visited today and I didn't want to unload that on them since I wanted to have fun for the few hours that they were with me, so I've been holding it in and it just had to get out. I will say that the experience has helped me open up to the rest of the team and I have kind of taken a step forward socially, it's just sort of a bummer that it had to come with an empty feeling too.

Mixed Feelings/10
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

SpunkySix wrote:*Stuff*
I know that feel, man. It's actually happened to me several times. It's a real bummer, but like they say, there's plenty more fish in the sea. As overused and played up that saying is, it holds some truths. I spent years of my life chasing this one girl who clearly wasn't into me, and already had boyfriend. I think I knew deep down that I didn't stand a chance, but I was blinded by how much we clicked, and sincerely thought that we were meant to be together. Her mother even thought so too!

*Sigh* You just gotta keep on looking, man. You'll know when you find the one.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

You can access to the school's roof ? :twisted:
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Elessar

Post by Elessar »

Sorry if i interrupt ^-^

I just got an MMS from her.
Cruel cruel world. I have no idea how i get my phone to receive it. This is how i die D:
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Interresting, interresting, I still hope for you.
Elessar wrote:Cruel cruel world. I have no idea how i get my phone to receive it. This is how i die D:
Says that you're kiding. :lol: what a rollercoaster ride of feels, just after finishing to watch Watamote. :lol: (I had only seen the first two episodes, I watched the entire season in one go yesterday)
Try to search on Internet, with your model and all, It would be stupid to don't see because that...
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Elessar

Post by Elessar »

Zarys wrote: Says that you're kiding. :lol: what a rollercoaster ride of feels, just after finishing to watch Watamote. :lol: (I had only seen the first two episodes, I watched the entire season in one go yesterday)
Try to search on Internet, with your model and all, It would be stupid to don't see because that...
no, im not kidding :D
I just refuses to work, whatever i tried, and almost 1 1/2 hours on working :D
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Elessar wrote:Sorry if i interrupt ^-^

I just got an MMS from her.
Cruel cruel world. I have no idea how i get my phone to receive it. This is how i die D:
Your service provider website should let you log in and view it.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

I don't know if I should laugh or cringe. :lol: (certainly certainly laugh by anxiety :mrgreen: )
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Elessar

Post by Elessar »

got it working^^

She said, she is gonna move away. Dunno if another country or simply another city, but certainly far away,because she does not really want to keep in touch with any of the people she knew here. Therefore, not because sho doesn't like me (or atleast thats what she said), meeting again wouldn't work..

I guess it's time for me to move aswell, moving on that is
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

At least you won't die if you chase after her at an airport. ;_;

But that does explain a lot of her actions. Sorry, that sucks. (>' ')> Hugging Kirby is here for you.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Ha, it's sad.

But I suspected that it was not that she don't want to talk to you again, but I had not thought about that, it's too logical (even if I know her only by your messages) to be a lie though.
At least that cleared things, I think it's still better to finish like that than finish because she don't answer without you know why. (I don't think cutting off ties with everyone she knows is a good idea, especially since she has trouble to create new relationships but I will not judge her and in your case I understand her since it's obvious that you're in a stillborn romantic relationship where you will probably cease contact after a few months, it's not like you know each other enough to talk like that for a long time if you are physically separated or was a simple distant friendship satisfactory)

You will certainly know others as good girls as her, just take care to don't maintain a fantasy based on the fact that you knew only the beginning with her. (certainly she has defaults but you have not seen them)

PS : BUT...IT MEANS I WAS RIGHT SINCE THE BEGINNING ! :lol: AHAHAHAH...nobody has nothing to say about it ? :P metangel, cofeedrive ? anothers that have arguing against me but that I have forget ?
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Elessar

Post by Elessar »

Zarys wrote: stuffs

PS : BUT...IT MEANS I WAS RIGHT SINCE THE BEGINNING ! :lol: AHAHAHAH...nobody has nothing to say about it ? :P metangel, cofeedrive ? anothers that have arguing against me but that I have forget ?
Yea, it's way better than ending without an answer.
She herself stated her decision as stupid and selfish, but i think that thinking it is stupid and selfish is stupid

And yea, in this case you were right, trying one last time didn't hurt at all,in fact, it made it easier for me to move on.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Elessar wrote:… trying one last time didn't hurt at all,in fact, it made it easier for me to move on.
That's the spirit. I've been there before, so I wish you all the best for future journeys.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Yes I don't think it's selfish at all. :? (Although if she has friends, I think she should try to maintain some contact, but she does what she wants.)
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise