Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xiious

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Xiious »

Tbh, I've never cried about the incident. It's still numb inside on that particular topic...

Edit: Also, 60 pages. Thank you, OP, for bringing this thread to life.

Post by Guest »

Total Destruction wrote:Why the fuck are you in Canada?
I really don't notice much of a difference besides the grocery store and restaurant selection, myself. Then there's the fact that you guys don't have poutines, which is just stupid, but it kind of falls into the above.

Xii, I'm not sure what to say here on that. I know a little on feeling empty, but nothing related to anyone dying - the only time, so far, for me, that people died that I knew somewhat, it was a car crash in early high school, and out of the two I knew, one of them had been a friend I'd drifted apart from years before, and the other had been someone I'd interacted with all of twice. I left school that day just to wrap my head around the idea that I'd never see them again, but it didn't have a massive emotional impact. ... Though I'm now paranoid about driving up rural hills...

That aside, I hate to compare your situation to any fictional one, but it sort of parallels the girl this topic is named for. I'm guessing this isn't the first time the anniversary of her life-saving sacrifice has hit you hard, nor will it be the first time you've sort-of-not-really built yourself back up after it. Just don't force it, fake it, whatever - if it makes you feel empty, it makes you feel empty. And if you need time to sort it out, take time. I think it's safe to assume that you've shown you can do that, on your own (or at least with what resources and familial/friendly relationships you have available).
This girl you're spending time with now is likely to worry about it if it comes down to it, so I'd suggest trying to communicate your need to be alone (if that's what you have right now) but also to avoid letting her feel completely/permanently shut out, whether or not you [will] feel capable of pursuing anything with her.
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

I told her I needed to be alone for a few days, and that I'd talk to her soon.

Also, the only human interactions I've had is mostly here.
Nyzer

Post by Nyzer »

I might also recommend going to a forum for people that survived their loved ones, and making/looking for a topic on the anniversary of their deaths. That depends if it's a subject you want to and are able to get into.

Alternatively, I might also suggest finding something (online, perhaps) that you can be at least vaguely interested in. I know I tend to deal with a lot of emotionally troubling stuff by, well, distraction. I keep myself distracted (or try to) so I don't obsess over what's bothering me; I let it work out in my head over time. Though it makes work ... irritating, as there's next to nothing to occupy my mind there. As an example of something I might find distracting - a couple days ago, I spent several hours in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time trying repeatedly to recruit Latios in the latter half of a dungeon. Dunno if you've played the series but the recruitment works only if the player character delivers the finishing blow while standing right next to the target, and if the recruitment chance fails, it just dies. And you can only save before the dungeon's first floor, or at halfway points. (However, I was lucky to stumble across and catch, in one try, Latias, on the way up the first half.)

Just stuff like that. It helps the day go by and not feel as lacking, boring, empty, whatever, as it does otherwise.
All you really need to know is that there's a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning. I wish I could make something like that up; it shoots shurikens and lightning.
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

Nyzer wrote:I might also recommend going to a forum for people that survived their loved ones, and making/looking for a topic on the anniversary of their deaths. That depends if it's a subject you want to and are able to get into.

Alternatively, I might also suggest finding something (online, perhaps) that you can be at least vaguely interested in. I know I tend to deal with a lot of emotionally troubling stuff by, well, distraction. I keep myself distracted (or try to) so I don't obsess over what's bothering me; I let it work out in my head over time. Though it makes work ... irritating, as there's next to nothing to occupy my mind there. As an example of something I might find distracting - a couple days ago, I spent several hours in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time trying repeatedly to recruit Latios in the latter half of a dungeon. Dunno if you've played the series but the recruitment works only if the player character delivers the finishing blow while standing right next to the target, and if the recruitment chance fails, it just dies. And you can only save before the dungeon's first floor, or at halfway points. (However, I was lucky to stumble across and catch, in one try, Latias, on the way up the first half.)

Just stuff like that. It helps the day go by and not feel as lacking, boring, empty, whatever, as it does otherwise.
I caught Latias first time I encountered her. Latias....seems to embody everything in the girl I loved.

My mind is finally starting to wander off on different things, as yesterday and today leaves my short term memory.
Erenussocrates

Post by Erenussocrates »

I love all the people who have written here in this topic.
That's all I have to say right now. Just wanted to say that..
Kouryuu

Post by Kouryuu »

Erenussocrates wrote:I love all the people who have written here in this topic.
That's all I have to say right now. Just wanted to say that..
Thats all you have to say ^^. I havent been able to say anything for like 2 pages and I feel bad but I guess I am bit distracted. Still I cant make excuses, everyone posting in this thread is awsome and has helped me either directly or indirectly, so I owe you guys ^^.
Image Kaede <3
Kutagh

Post by Kutagh »

@Xiious: You might want to read the manga 'My Girl' (Read online for free at Batoto). Not very comparable but it might give you a bit of perspective... At least it gives you something to read if you don't get your lazy ass outside and do something :P
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

Kutagh wrote:@Xiious: You might want to read the manga 'My Girl' (Read online for free at Batoto). Not very comparable but it might give you a bit of perspective... At least it gives you something to read if you don't get your lazy ass outside and do something :P
It looks like an interesting story but the art style is far from what I'm used to.
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

Well, Xiious, you're welcome. I felt that I wasn't the only one who was touched by KS, not the only one with problems, so I wanted to reach out to all the others there. Ands somewhat sadly so, I've been proven correct time and again. However, as for the world I see it like this: even if there are plenty bad things, then sill that's no reason to be bad ourselved. Good is good, simply, no matter how much bad things there are. I daresay that the less good things there are, the more rare and valuable they become. Therefore, even if I am not perfect, and even if I and everyone I love and everything I care for will disappear, then still it's better to love what is good, and to strive for it, for on matter how briefly, it is better to have known a spark of light, knowing well that I will loose it, than to grope in the darkness all my life.

Practically, please try to rest. Get some sleep. Or stare out at the billion year old starts at night if you can't. Go out and take long walks in the park or in the forest or on the beach, whatever is closest.

As for myself, its seems like I just can't get any lucky breaks as of lately? Not only did I get a cold, but yesterday I burned my throat by trying to swallow some food that was way too hot to swallow. Now I have a terrible throat pain every time I swallow... :p Ah, my worries are small aren't they? :)
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
Kouryuu

Post by Kouryuu »

Beoran wrote:However, as for the world I see it like this: even if there are plenty bad things, then sill that's no reason to be bad ourselved. Good is good, simply, no matter how much bad things there are. I daresay that the less good things there are, the more rare and valuable they become. Therefore, even if I am not perfect, and even if I and everyone I love and everything I care for will disappear, then still it's better to love what is good, and to strive for it, for on matter how briefly, it is better to have known a spark of light, knowing well that I will loose it, than to grope in the darkness all my life.
Wow dude. <3

Life really is a fight, we cant let it win and we cant let it stop us from being happy. I used to see the world in a dark light but I have changed, I am able to see all the good despite all the bad. I still think humanity is fucked as a whole but at least there are so many awsome people to know and awsome experiences to have before I die. Theres no reason for me to be sad ever, its just retarded. I wasted too much time being down.

Still doesnt stop me being a nervous wreck at every opportunity but at least I am happy about it :P
Image Kaede <3
Surreal-mind

Post by Surreal-mind »

I wanted to say something among the lines of what Kouryuu and beiran said....but...
I've been staring at the monitor for a while and I can't really express my thoughts correctly (Wow! I really suck with words)
All I can say is that I completely agree with you guys.

If there's one thing I've learned from this thread is that it's prett pointless to be sad all the time.
Even though things are bad, it's always a good idea to try to look at the positive side of things.

Hey Xiious... how are you ? Are you doing okay buddy ?
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

Surreal-mind wrote:Hey Xiious... how are you ? Are you doing okay buddy ?
Recovering the past few days. I think I'll be all right.
Surreal-mind

Post by Surreal-mind »

Xiious wrote: I think I'll be all right.
it's really good to hear/read that ! :D
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

Surreal-mind wrote:
Xiious wrote: I think I'll be all right.
it's really good to hear/read that ! :D
Thanks.