Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

dwarduk

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by dwarduk »

Pseudogenesis wrote:I'd be deeply surprised if Dawkins was a Gnostic atheist. He's not an asshole or anything, he's actually a very cool guy, but I doubt I'd be able to convince you otherwise. In fact, I doubt I've ever really heard a Gnostic atheist, except when other denominations misrepresent atheism. If you've got any brains in your head, you're agnostic about that kind of thing.

And trust me, the only reason you tend to think of atheists as arrogant or rude is because the only ones who are arrogant or rude won't shut the hell up about it, and go around attacking people for no reason at all. Most keep quiet about it, either because they're "In the closet" or they simply don't think it matters. In general, the atheist community is actually really cool.

Honestly, I'm not even entirely sure why I brought it up in the first place. It's only gonna end up getting people's jimmies rustled about nothing at all. Besides, The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is better anyway.
I suppose I haven't really given Dawkins much of a chance. He seemed pretty cool when he posted that reaction video to his hate mail on youtube (anyone got the link?), but my first experience of him was some tirade over how stupid people were because they didn't believe in evolution by natural selection. I can understand his frustration there, though :)
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Xanatos wrote:And then SUDDENLY ALL THE DIABETES AND HEART ATTACKS!

-snip-

Dat third panel. HNNNNNG.
How is she talking with the kitten in her mouth
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Enemy | wrote:
Xanatos wrote:And then SUDDENLY ALL THE DIABETES AND HEART ATTACKS!

-snip-

Dat third panel. HNNNNNG.
How is she talking with the kitten in her mouth
Emi has a mustache. QUESTION NOTHING.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

dwarduk wrote:
Pseudogenesis wrote:I'd be deeply surprised if Dawkins was a Gnostic atheist. He's not an asshole or anything, he's actually a very cool guy, but I doubt I'd be able to convince you otherwise. In fact, I doubt I've ever really heard a Gnostic atheist, except when other denominations misrepresent atheism. If you've got any brains in your head, you're agnostic about that kind of thing.

And trust me, the only reason you tend to think of atheists as arrogant or rude is because the only ones who are arrogant or rude won't shut the hell up about it, and go around attacking people for no reason at all. Most keep quiet about it, either because they're "In the closet" or they simply don't think it matters. In general, the atheist community is actually really cool.

Honestly, I'm not even entirely sure why I brought it up in the first place. It's only gonna end up getting people's jimmies rustled about nothing at all. Besides, The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is better anyway.
I suppose I haven't really given Dawkins much of a chance. He seemed pretty cool when he posted that reaction video to his hate mail on youtube (anyone got the link?), but my first experience of him was some tirade over how stupid people were because they didn't believe in evolution by natural selection. I can understand his frustration there, though :)

Really? That sounds ridiculously uncharacteristic. Are you sure we're talking about the same person?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFjoEgYOgRo

This is probably the most patient I've ever seen anyone. I watched the whole damn interview (About 70 minutes long) in which she said the most ridiculously ignorant and insulting things. By the end of it I was ready to punch her in the face. :P But he never even batted an eye.

Here's the link I think you're referring to, btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZuowNcuGsc
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

Pseudogenesis wrote:
dwarduk wrote:

Really? That sounds ridiculously uncharacteristic. Are you sure we're talking about the same person?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFjoEgYOgRo

This is probably the most patient I've ever seen anyone. I watched the whole damn interview (About 70 minutes long) in which she said the most ridiculously ignorant and insulting things. By the end of it I was ready to punch her in the face. :P But he never even batted an eye.

Here's the link I think you're referring to, btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZuowNcuGsc
It's perfectly possible I am mistaken and have been holding a grudge against him for quite a while now for no reason at all :lol:. My memory can be extremely unreliable at times, so I honestly don't know. I was pretty convinced on this one, though!
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

People, let's not go off topic with religious debates or topic, that would lead us too far and not be helpful for most people who post here. You can use PM's to suggest such things, or go debate on other more appropriate forums.

Dwarduk, it's perfectly possible to have a relationship between a 16 and an 18 year old, as long as you avoid doing anything that could get you both into problems. In only 2 years you'll both be old enough, and in 5 years no one will care anymore. It depends if you're both serious enough to see this through or not, though. Why not have a serious talk about it with the girl in question. Perhaps you'll decide during the talk that you are both too young, but then you can say goodbye to each other without regrets.
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

I agree with Beoran, this is the only thread we can't afford to derail. This place in this thread is home to us bros who want to help each other out and get better, however much we can.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

It occurs to me I'm not terribly happy here...My town, not this forum. This place is great, I would very much like to know its members outside the forum (though not necessarily offline) eventually...

But this town is simply no good. Discussions here have reinforced this fact very well. Many school memories, very few pleasant, linger here. Many wounds were endured here. There is nowhere to go, no one to meet, nothing to do...I've made up my mind to leave this place. Exactly when or even if it will be soon, I do not know but I shall work out a plan in time.

When the time comes, I have prepared handwritten letters to my relatives here. They will have a last chance to provide some sense of family, as they have very rarely if ever done, or else I'm afraid I will have to leave them behind entirely. You do not continue using a dilapidated bridge when it repeatedly fails to hold up. It is high time that old bridges were left to burn.

If I am to move away, though, I must eventually make arrangements with social security. My checks go to a representative who decides the money's usage on my behalf and as I will no longer be near to him, that arrangement simply won't do.
Last edited by Xanatos on Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

Sorry, guys :lol: The Dawkins comment was just an aside; as the evening goes on I tend to forget about not derailing threads. You really can see my track record quite plainly everywhere in this Public Discussion... :P

As for the relationship, yes it's possible, not least because the age of consent in the UK is 16. But she isn't, and won't be until two weeks before I'm moving 100 miles or more away. It's not really a broken heart thing, I guess, it's just me lamenting the inevitable irony of the situation. Never mind, though :) My confidence is starting to come through more now I'm getting into the rhythm of my new job; maybe you'll actually finally get part of my personal history :)

And Xanatos, sounds like you have your situation pretty well rationalised and under control. I don't know how terrible your family are, but I do know quite a few people who have believed their family are awful and then found it so hard living apart from them. It's probably best you're giving them the extra chance :)

Oh, and my real identity is nominally a secret, but pretty easy to find me elsewhere, really. If you manage it, just say 'lemons' or something :P
Last edited by dwarduk on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

dwarduk wrote:And Xilious...
I think that was me talking about that... :P

And I just found a "dwarduk" on a certain site with a blue tweety bird mascot...Now where are my combustible lemons...

My ex-brother is the only really terrible one but the others weren't much good either. Father was always painfully ignorant and seemed to only care about making me be what was convenient for him...Mother was never around but if she had been, at least she was worth talking to.
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

I'm not hard to find online or irl either, I mean, I invented Xiious, many years ago while I was in middle school. It's been my tagname almost everywhere I go. Hell, I was once vain enough to search Xiious on Google one day and found alot of sites I stopped going to for one reason or another, or old game characters I still had.

I added an extra i to Xiious cause I found people started copying Xious.

I'm pretty sure I even have Xiious as my aka name on facebook. Come to think of it, that's how a lot of people have come to find me xD

This thread is the one thread all across the Internet that I feel at home at, I can be myself and not have to worry about anyone judging me here.

Also, Update:
I plan on getting WiFi at my home, and hooking up my computer back to the Internet. So then, I'll really be back instead of this temporary fix.
Past few weeks I've found myself drawn more towards 2D girls instead of 3D ones. I guess I grew tired of being alone and would rather have an anime waifu than a real girlfriend. Probably not very healthy, but I make do.

One thing I haven't told about myself is my sex drive. Which is pretty non-existent. Honestly, I don't even know why I read tons of eroge without wanting to fuck the brains out of certain characters. Too much feels in KS for that kind of thing, but even in the fappable ones I find myself not really into it. It feels like I've lost the desire to mate. I can love, but unlike most guys I don't think about that kind of stuff. Even way back when, when I was with Her, I found myself not really wanting to do anything but sit, chat, cuddle, and watch anime or something.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Xiious wrote:I'm not hard to find online or irl either, I mean, I invented Xiious, many years ago while I was in middle school. It's been my tagname almost everywhere I go. Hell, I was once vain enough to search Xiious on Google one day and found alot of sites I stopped going to for one reason or another, or old game characters I still had.

I added an extra i to Xiious cause I found people started copying Xious.

I'm pretty sure I even have Xiious as my aka name on facebook. Come to think of it, that's how a lot of people have come to find me xD

This thread is the one thread all across the Internet that I feel at home at, I can be myself and not have to worry about anyone judging me here.

Also, Update:
I plan on getting WiFi at my home, and hooking up my computer back to the Internet. So then, I'll really be back instead of this temporary fix.
Past few weeks I've found myself drawn more towards 2D girls instead of 3D ones. I guess I grew tired of being alone and would rather have an anime waifu than a real girlfriend. Probably not very healthy, but I make do.

One thing I haven't told about myself is my sex drive. Which is pretty non-existent. Honestly, I don't even know why I read tons of eroge without wanting to fuck the brains out of certain characters. Too much feels in KS for that kind of thing, but even in the fappable ones I find myself not really into it. It feels like I've lost the desire to mate. I can love, but unlike most guys I don't think about that kind of stuff. Even way back when, when I was with Her, I found myself not really wanting to do anything but sit, chat, cuddle, and watch anime or something.

It's called asexuality and you'd be surprised how common it really is. And I tend to prefer the 2D sort myself. Not a problem to me. And to anyone who may care, my name pretty much everywhere is Ygdrasel. And no, it's not a misspelling of Yggdrasil. Youtube, Facebook (I don't use much), Twitter (very active), Skype...The Youtube account is mostly for random meme stuff though. I keep a separate channel for content I actually care about creating.

@dwarduk: Unless it's a case of mistaken identity, I just located you on Skype. You'll notice my request because of the adorable Osama Rin Laden picture: Image
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

I knew there was a word for it, I just couldn't remember off the tip of my tongue. Currently in a Medabots Marathon, going for old school laughs and shit to help me feel better. God there are some old anime I miss so much it sometimes tugs at my heartstrings. Obviously Medabots for one(although I have the entire series on my computer) and the Power Stone anime.

Also, I'm gonna need to search anime recommendation threads soon, after Medabots is done I've watched EVERY anime on my computer. Only about 1.1 Tb in anime, so I should be able to find some more to keep on truckin.

Forgot to mention, but to everyone who knows my situation:

There's a remembrance ceremony being held in her honor with the subtopic about road rules in a few days.... I've been asked to speak, since I was closest to her and directly felt the effects of what happened. I don't know if I can go and discuss that kind of thing in front of all those people. What should I do? Her parents will be there... and I'm afraid to talk since I might blurt out what happened exactly... You see, not everyone knows exactly what happened.. and I'm pretty sure her parents still blame me for what happened... so really, I don't want to go because I'm scared about what everyone will think... also, I'm a terrible speaker. I failed many a course because I couldn't present to the class... so I'm torn between what I want to do, and what I should do...
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Xiious wrote:I knew there was a word for it, I just couldn't remember off the tip of my tongue. Currently in a Medabots Marathon, going for old school laughs and shit to help me feel better. God there are some old anime I miss so much it sometimes tugs at my heartstrings. Obviously Medabots for one(although I have the entire series on my computer) and the Power Stone anime.

Also, I'm gonna need to search anime recommendation threads soon, after Medabots is done I've watched EVERY anime on my computer. Only about 1.1 Tb in anime, so I should be able to find some more to keep on truckin.

Forgot to mention, but to everyone who knows my situation:

There's a remembrance ceremony being held in her honor with the subtopic about road rules in a few days.... I've been asked to speak, since I was closest to her and directly felt the effects of what happened. I don't know if I can go and discuss that kind of thing in front of all those people. What should I do? Her parents will be there... and I'm afraid to talk since I might blurt out what happened exactly... You see, not everyone knows exactly what happened.. and I'm pretty sure her parents still blame me for what happened... so really, I don't want to go because I'm scared about what everyone will think... also, I'm a terrible speaker. I failed many a course because I couldn't present to the class... so I'm torn between what I want to do, and what I should do...

I still collect Medabots figures...No regrets. I need more anime myself...

And I don't know your situation but you were asked, which makes it optional...And since you're not a particularly good speaker along with the whole blame thing, it may simply be best to turn down the request.
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

At the same time, I realize I can't miss it because it's in memory of her, and as such it's a given that I'm going. I may just decide not to speak, but then I'd be pestered with questions about what happened anyway, PLUS, her parents will be there and I'm quite scared of seeing them. Like I said many pages before, I've been pretty locked in my own place past few years.