Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Nyzer

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Nyzer »

Went to comment for a few more people, and then I managed to close the tab after writing up several more paragraphs to be edited in to my last post.

What's that one South Park meme? ".... Annnd it's gone."
All you really need to know is that there's a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning. I wish I could make something like that up; it shoots shurikens and lightning.
Erenussocrates

Post by Erenussocrates »

I just feel terrible nowadays. It's all the same loneliness (in romantic terms), also there are some occasions about enrolling to the college and stuff. My hopes and dreams might break. My computer got messed up as well, so I can't do some stuff that I have planned before. I just feel like nobody got my back.
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

Camouflage,

This is a very difficult situation, but I think it's important to try and regain your cool before you make any decisions, and ascertain all the facts. I thinks some things are weird... The first thing I think is strange is that your dad let you use the computer if he knew it's full of evidence of him having sex with other women. Was it anywhere near hidden? Could he reasonably think you wouldn't find it, is he so ignorant to believe that you wouldn't look for it, or did he actually want you to see this? My concern is that this may be some kind of game or ploy to make you look bad somehow, maybe get rid of his current wife and then try to blame you?

So think carefully and act carefully. Perhaps do save some of the evidence, though you don't need everything. No point in zipping images, they don't compress well (since jpeg images already are compressed). And then... Personally, I'd try to calm down and talk to him first and ask him, since I think everyone has the right to defend themselves. Ultimately I think that it is he who has to tell his new wife, and he has to have the courage and responsibility to break up with her and yet still support their child. Personally, I think the main mistake your father made was to get married. If he knows he is unable to be faithful to one woman, then he should look for someone who is willing to have an open relationship with him in stead. Committed relationships are great, if you are capable of comitting, but for some men and women, it's simply impossible to commit like that. Andywa, my ideas ay be somewhat unusual so forgive me, I don't mean any offense. I always like to think about all sides of the story...

And don't give up on love! You simply have to know what kind of relationship you want. Committed or open, or something in between, and look for a partner who agrees on this, and all other important things.

Walrusfella: Hmmm.. about your father.. that sucks too... still, i think cheating normally happens when the relationship isn't working completely for at least one of the two people involved... It's a symptom of the problem, and much less often the cause. Of course, it makes things worse, but when it happens, the question is whether or not the first relationship was even solid enough to last or not.... Human feelings are like mazes and labryrinths sometimes.. it's easy for people to get lost in them.

Well, sorry for my drivel, I hope it's somehow helful to someone, sorry if it isn't.
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Nyzer wrote: What I would personally do is probably to send them (or talk about them) to his first wife, your mom, and ask for advice and support. She's been through this shit before and even if she and the new wife have mutual hatred (which I understand is not uncommon), she would probably still have more hatred for her ex, and a newfound wave of sympathy for the new wife, that would - hopefully - allow her to be able to treat this situation better than you can.
Going on a completely gut feeling here, if I were in the new wife's shoes, I'd rather have someone who had been through that sort of stuff before - someone I can sympathize with - inform me than I would have the kid of the man responsible do it, especially if you're not close to her.

Possibly the best advice yet, although it depends on the character of your mom. Again, up to you.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Camoufrage wrote:@Walrusfella
Then drink it for me would ya? Don't want to waste scotch after all? ;) Well I'm much older than 8 or 9 so I have better idea of how to deal with this situation, but I'm pretty much stumped at this point nonetheless.
Sure did. :)

Another couple of thoughts: if you do end up revealing the truth to her, make sure you do so in private, and with a clear head. It should be that you want her to know the truth, not that you want to drop an anvil on your father, much though he deserves it. Intentions are important.

The other thing is that she might already know, or at least have suspicions. That sort of thing is hard to hide long-term from someone who is paying attention. People make all sorts of weird accommodations sometimes.
Xiious wrote:Update:
I wrote a letter, just a small apology one, and mailed it off. So old school, but it gives them a few more days before they get it to cool off.
Good on you. A very classy thing to do.

Erenussocrates, I don't really have any advice, other than hang in there. Despair is the enemy.

Beoran, thanks. You are wise as always.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

I don't have much more constructive to add, but GODDAMN it, dude/dudette/???, hang in there. PM me if you need to vent/clarify/swap weird-ass stories, what have you. Brothers in arms, friends in misery. BE GOOD.
... Danger.
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

It seems today I've seen more gender confusion than before.

I. Am. A. Guy.

and thanks Total, for the support. Only one more day after today to be around. Got seated next to my dad during family dinner... fun.
Total Destruction

Camoufrage wrote:I. Am. A. Guy.
PROVE IT LOL

But seriously, hang the fuck in there. Weird place to be, and like I said. LIKE I SAID.

*brofist*
... Danger.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

I haven't kept up with the goings on in this thread of late, but I think I've found something that should work as a blanket helpful statement for anyone dealing with loneliness, family issues, general discomfort or other real-life issues.

Good luck, we're all counting on you.

No sarcasm intended, despite the source video.
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

Fine here's a pic of me

http://images.wallpapersbrowse.com/wall ... pers-5.jpg

EDIT: you win, shitty BBcode...
Last edited by Camoufrage on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Camoufrage wrote:Fine here's a pic of me

IMAGE LINK BROKEN
Yeah, and I'm this guy: Scary, eh?

I'm probably not lying, though.

btw, you need the full link including the http part for the bbc to work right.
Last edited by Helbereth on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Total Destruction

looks shopped :lol:

Helbereth rules.
... Danger.
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

Google chrome on android doesn't give you the http, frigging cool
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Camoufrage wrote:It seems today I've seen more gender confusion than before.

I. Am. A. Guy.

and thanks Total, for the support. Only one more day after today to be around. Got seated next to my dad during family dinner... fun.
Whatever you say, Hideaki. :P

Just don't do things too rashly. That never helped anyone,except the rash people of Dermatitis-7.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

Why? Why do I become the man-woman? :cry: