Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

pandaphil

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by pandaphil »

As much as I love the women in KS, I wish they'd had a character who was suffering from depression. For me, that would have really struck home.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

pandaphil wrote:As much as I love the women in KS, I wish they'd had a character who was suffering from depression. For me, that would have really struck home.
Nothing more sexy than a very sad lady?

By the way, Hisao is the depressed one.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Tomate wrote:
pandaphil wrote:As much as I love the women in KS, I wish they'd had a character who was suffering from depression. For me, that would have really struck home.

How is Hanako not depressed? Emi hides hers pretty well.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

YZQ wrote:
Tomate wrote:

How is Hanako not depressed? Emi hides hers pretty well.
Being sad is like having a cut on your index finger, Being depressed is like not having a hand.

Hanako and Emi have some problems, but are not depressed, Hanako has a small bout of depression on her route, it lasts some 5 days or so. But Emi is not even close to depression, if you think she is depressed, then tell me how can she be so full of life, drive and ambitions when one of the symptoms of depression is lack of ambitions and drive?
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

The way I see it, her drive and ambition is a way to escape the issue of her father's death. The moment she doesn't run, the nightmares come back. Something is not right somewhere. It may not be depression, but it's definitely not all sunshine.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

YZQ wrote:The way I see it, her drive and ambition is a way to escape the issue of her father's death. The moment she doesn't run, the nightmares come back. Something is not right somewhere. It may not be depression, but it's definitely not all sunshine.
Its just sadness bro, it happens when someone you loves dies.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Tomate wrote:
YZQ wrote:The way I see it, her drive and ambition is a way to escape the issue of her father's death. The moment she doesn't run, the nightmares come back. Something is not right somewhere. It may not be depression, but it's definitely not all sunshine.
Its just sadness bro, it happens when someone you loves dies.
Prolonged sadness may not be depression, but it's still not healthy.

pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Strikes me that she almost has a phobia about being hurt. She puts up strong walls of energy and happiness. Overcompensating to protect herself from ever having those feelings of pain and loss ever again.
Tomate wrote: Being sad is like having a cut on your index finger, Being depressed is like not having a hand.

Hanako and Emi have some problems, but are not depressed, Hanako has a small bout of depression on her route, it lasts some 5 days or so. But Emi is not even close to depression, if you think she is depressed, then tell me how can she be so full of life, drive and ambitions when one of the symptoms of depression is lack of ambitions and drive?
Thanks for that. Yeah, Emi and Hanako both had bouts of depression, but I didn't feel that was their main problem. Mostly just a side effect of other issues (I still love them though).

Its not that I find sad girls sexy, just more a case of that's the biggest problem in my life. Feelings that I'm worthless or just stupid and can't do anything right. Its something i'd love to see addressed in KS's style.
Last edited by pandaphil on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

pandaphil wrote:
Tomate wrote: Being sad is like having a cut on your index finger, Being depressed is like not having a hand.

Thanks for that. Yeah, Emi and Hanako both had bouts of depression, but I didn't feel that was their main problem. Mostly just a side effect of other issues (I still love them though).

Not that I'd find sad girls sexy, just more a case of that's the biggest problem in my life. Feeling that I'm worthless or just stupid and can't do anything right. Its something i'd love to see addressed in KS's style.
Seek professional help, and make the conscious choice that you are not worthless and all that. Professional help can guide you, but you must be the one willing to make that first step.

Nooby

Post by Nooby »

Selim Bradley wrote:snipsnap
Thanks for sharing. Best of luck, feel free to talk about anything else that may be on your mind.
YZQ wrote:KS helps jolt people out of their comfort zone.
I find your input very insightful (not just quoted post), thanks for sharing.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

When I read beyond Hisao's inner talking, I realised that the game has a premise which relatively few people knew about, or would care to notice. EA Games has a slogan which is fitting here: "Challenge everything".

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Tomate wrote:Being depressed is like not having a hand.
So Rin is depressed?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

A new problem has popped up. I realised yesterday that I might be in love with one of my "e-friends". The problem is that she lives about 900+ kilometers away from me, and she's still friends with my ex and my cousin (who was hitting on her before he went on to my ex). :(
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

OtakuNinja wrote:A new problem has popped up. I realised yesterday that I might be in love with one of my "e-friends". The problem is that she lives about 900+ kilometers away from me, and she's still friends with my ex and my cousin (who was hitting on her before he went on to my ex). :(
So...Which part of this is the problem?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Xanatos wrote:
Tomate wrote:Being depressed is like not having a hand.
So Rin is depressed?
Nope, she does not have both hands, so its ok. Double negative, you know.