Katawa Shoujo "Plus"

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Re: Katawa Shoujo "Plus"

Post by Guest »

Theeyebrowsofdoom wrote:I would love to play this. I wish the best of guts to the developers so that they may see it to the end. And people should stop calling this a cash-in, as THERE'S NO CASH INVOLVED.
This, so hard. the project is completely free; even donations are being refused.
Brisingr

Post by Brisingr »

Anyone see this possibly happening?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Expy
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Brisingr wrote:Anyone see this possibly happening?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Expy
Probably inevitable, as there's nothing new under the sun, but I'm sure the writers know what they are doing. It wouldn't be enjoyable if the characters were completely the same
TamagoTwo

Post by TamagoTwo »

I'm happy for more KS content. I'm most pleased that they aren't going to reuse any characters, so if it turns out to be awful, it won't affect my enjoyment or memories of KS proper.
But the more the merrier, I wish them luck in getting it off the ground and hope it doesn't become vapourware (also hope it doesn't suck)
Couch to 5k With Emi!
Week 2:
On hold due to injury and real life =(
Axelownz

Post by Axelownz »

This does have me interested. I would be all for more characters and stories in the same universe, even if its not by the same team, i just hope its as well written and characters are interesting. I wouldnt mind some cameo appearances from KS, but that would probably be asking too much.
zanzarra

Post by zanzarra »

My reaction could best be summarized with "huh." and a shrug.

And this is not the tenth KS fanboy bashing on the project, it's just... KS has been done, and it's been done good, so I don't know how much demand there is for a game with exactly the same premise. On the other hand, it could turn out they're both VNs with similarities in the setting and nothing more.
Still, gives me the whole Battlefield/Modern Warfare vibe - who needs the other when you're already familiar with the first?

On a side note, bash on the name all you like, but that's the last thing that could be protected by a license of any kind - at least not by the KS devs. RAITA came up with the name.
One day I'll put more than 15 minutes of work into an avatar. One day.
Resign102

Post by Resign102 »

I feel like a...."cognitive capacity" barrier is a MUCH larger blockade than a physical disability. Im trying to put this as gently as I can, but speaking to someone who is blind is....much different than speaking to someone who is not cognizant of much.
Thrasher Thetic

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

As long as nobody is making money and nobody is claiming credit for work they didn't do, there is zero shadiness here.

Best of luck on the new project.
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.
N. Bekkler

Post by N. Bekkler »

zanzarra wrote: KS has been done, and it's been done good, so I don't know how much demand there is for a game with exactly the same premise....
Still, gives me the whole Battlefield/Modern Warfare vibe...
I've never been a big fan of the Call of Duty series, but I can understand why it is successful - they did something that garnered an audience, and have kept doing it will enough to keep them interested. The idea of another iteration of Katawa Shoujo (in whatever form) working sounds far-fetched, but so did the idea for the original.

I wish all the new development groups that have been springing up recently the best of luck; if they think that they can produce something at all comparable to Katawa Shoujo then they should go for it.
Benkei

Post by Benkei »

Guest wrote:You really cannot read, can you? Spare your angry comments for another time: the name is temporary.
Seriously, your so-called "suggestions are nothing more than your demands.
Be butthurt less, please. I can read just fine. I'm saying that even as a temporary name it's stupid of you guys and your selfish motives are incredibly transparent. By choosing to call this game KS+, you've already alienated gamers who might have otherwise given it a fair shot. I'm saying that the sooner you change the name, the sooner you cut your losses.
Cyraknoss

Post by Cyraknoss »

Benkei wrote:
Guest wrote:You really cannot read, can you? Spare your angry comments for another time: the name is temporary.
Seriously, your so-called "suggestions are nothing more than your demands.
Be butthurt less, please. I can read just fine. I'm saying that even as a temporary name it's stupid of you guys and your selfish motives are incredibly transparent. By choosing to call this game KS+, you've already alienated gamers who might have otherwise given it a fair shot. I'm saying that the sooner you change the name, the sooner you cut your losses.
If you're put off by a temporary name in early development you'd probably also be put off by it having the same premise. So using a temp name that best indicates what they want to do is unlikely to have any more effect than using the same premise.

You're also assuming you're going to put a large amount of time into actively stalking them around the internet professing your dislike for them. Otherwise several years from now when (if) a VN about dating disabled girls comes out with a different name you'll probably have totally forgotten or simply not even know that they were once called KS+.

Basically what I'm saying is why bother getting annoyed about it now? If they manage to complete the project you'll never know it temporarily went under the name short of wasting years of your life.
Rinmibro

Post by Rinmibro »

Benkei I think you're looking into the name a little much. They seem pretty respectful to 4LS.
Rinmibro

Post by Rinmibro »

This just in from KSG and /a/!

booger t washington

Post by booger t washington »

what's her disability? vertigo?

Post by Guest »

"Straight"

She's gay.