*SPOILERS* Question Concerning Lilly's Arc.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

hickwarrior

Re: *SPOILERS* Question Concerning Lilly's Arc.

Post by hickwarrior »

Guest Poster wrote:Come to think of it, I sometimes wonder if Lilly was specifically tailored to give players similar reaction to Hisao, seeing the number of "OMG Lilly's the perfect woman"-posts on the internet and reach a reverse-Hanako effect on purpose.

Hanako's character is kinda designed to give the player a "let me take care of you"-vibe that arouses people's protective instincts and makes them think she's more broken and dependant than she really is. Hisao not breaking that pattern leads to a bad end. Lifting Hanako up from the status of a broken child to a normal human being and seeking equality results in the good end.

Lilly's character seems kinda designed to give the player a "take care of me"-vibe that makes people look up to her and make them think she's more perfect than she really is. Hisao not breaking that pattern leads to a bad end. Bringing Lilly down from the status of a saint (complete with crucifix) to a normal human being and seeking equality results in the good end.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it.
Absolutely not, that's the best way to describe it. I haven't thought of it like that, but seeing this, it all makes sense in a way.
Meh, I just liked how the location sounded in my mind. I'm not really into sailing myself.