Fan Dub Project: Katawa Shoujo Mou Ichido! (Once More!)

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

zettovyker

Fan Dub Project: Katawa Shoujo Mou Ichido! (Once More!)

Post by zettovyker »

So, everyone apart of my small development team has made fun of me for not posting this here, so the slap I deserve for making this really long post as my first post is greatly deserved. While I have read a lot of the forums here, I'm actually extending a hand in need of help for a few resources for a fan-dub I'm making.

For a brief statement, Katawa Shoujo: Mou Ichido! (Mou Ichido translating to Once More) is going to be a work where voice actors from around the internet will give voice to each character and bring life to their lines. The auditions I've been hosting for the past week is here:
http://voiceacting.proboards.com/index. ... read=22308
(Sidenote, a trailer will be released hopefully by tonight at 7PM if I can get a last few lines emailed to me today)

Far be it from me to decide this on my own lonesome, I really wanted to contact the original 4Leaf Studio team to get help on this... and I can't quite figure out how to contact them though. I figured the second best thing would be to post here and see if people could help me get a few things sorted out. It would be much appreciated if anyone else had insight on things I should look out for when casting or producing this project, from things like downloading the sound track, and fan art you think I should use for censoring scenes.

-Speaking of things I could use help with, while I'm willing to go through each story and type out the lines and transitions, if someone had a script of text for the game lines, that would be great to have in my hands. That would save everyone a part of the project a lot of time on readings and typing.

-Best case scenario, if I gathered up the talents and lines, I would definitely be willing to work with anyone who knows how to add voices to the actual flash files. This could cut out a lot of editing for the video process itself, and would make for distribution very convenient for anyone who wanted a vocalized experience.

Again, I've been a huge fan of this, and definitely want this to be an amazing production to where everyone can enjoy. Feel free to contact me at my email (zettovyker@gmail.com) with questions or concerns, and hopefully we can make something that lives up to the standards of 4Leaf Studio themselves.

~ZettoVyker
Main Contact Email: zettovyker@gmail.com
Alternate Contact: Youtube channel
That awesome moment when you stay true to yourself and people are okay with you.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: Fan Dub Project: Katawa Shoujo Mou Ichido! (Once More!)

Post by Silentcook »

Q: There aren't any voices. Are you interested in hiring some voice actors?
A: No. We decided on this early in development for a number of reasons, including (but not limited to): sheer amount of dialogue, the need for VAs for every character, and bloating of the already somewhat large number of developers. Please don't apply to be a voice actor, because we won't accept any. Modifying the game to include voices without official permission is also against our license.
You should have read the FAQs before charging in. Also, you're mistakenly thinking that KS uses Flash files, while it doesn't.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.