What else made you cry?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Dream

Re: What else made you cry?

Post by Dream »

Some things in Neon Genesis Evangelion can get me teary, although it's generally more fridge logic stuff or similars (the knowledge that Shinji never knew any warmth or love before coming to Tokyo-3, the way Shinji says Kaworu was so much better than him, etc.)
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Dream wrote:Some things in Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yea that was a good one. Code Geass and Death Note were also pretty emotional for me. There's a metric fuckton of other amazing anime that have that effect on me too, but for the sake of not listing EVERY single one out there, I'll settle for those two.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
ronstalwart

Post by ronstalwart »

KS - Lilly's good ending
Lufia 2 - Ending, when I actually realized the implications of what was going on
Chrono Trigger - When Crono comes back
Umber

Post by Umber »

ronstalwart wrote: Chrono Trigger - When Crono comes back
I heard in Chrono Trigger, you play as the main character...who eventually gets killed. And then you play as a clone. After you lost everything you had.
That in itself makes me cry.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Umber wrote:
ronstalwart wrote: Chrono Trigger - When Crono comes back
I heard in Chrono Trigger, you play as the main character...who eventually gets killed. And then you play as a clone. After you lost everything you had.
I don't recall you losing everything outside of the typical "The bad guys put you in jail and took your stuff, break free and find the missable room to get them back" and while Chrono does die, getting him back is an skippable part of the main plot. So there is never any irrecoverable loss in the game that i recall.

And yeah, the ending of Lufia 2 was sad as hell :cry:

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Well, theres this... :cry:

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
BananaPudding

Post by BananaPudding »

as far as VNs go I have only played KS and Kira Kira and both made me cry like a baby (kira kira more so but only because one of the "good" endings is actually super sad until you get the "true" ending)

Even though I have seen the anime like five times I still cry in Gurren Lagann when kamina dies T_T

Doctor Who actually gets me going a surprising amount of the time, and one of the few things I have had a "happy cry" about (the one where they bring van gough to the present and show him an art gallery full of his work)

At the end of "Of mice and men"

In I am legend when he has to kill his own dog is another big one

I'm sure there are more but those are the ones off the top of my head

EDIT:
pandaphil wrote:Well, theres this... :cry:

just watched that and... OH GOD WHY T_T
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

Whenever a beloved character in an anime, especially stuff from Sunrise for some reason, dies. I'd post examples but don't want those spoiled.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
Dream

Post by Dream »

This girl.

Specially the conclusion of her character arc.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

^ What's that from?

That goddamn manga in the other thread... :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Dream

Post by Dream »

Angela Orosco, from Silent Hill 2.

And yeah, that manga did get me a bit emotional too.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:Angela Orosco, from Silent Hill 2.

And yeah, that manga did get me a bit emotional too.
I haven't played or watched that game in ages...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:I haven't played or watched that game in ages...
Yeah, i remember you mentioned you've seen an LP (or something like that) of the game before so i was surprised you didn't recognize her. One of the greatest secondary characters in the Silent Hill series in my opinion. Don't recall ever feeling as much for a fictional video-game character before.

Chaon

Post by Chaon »

Planetarian : Chiisana hoshi no yume (the dream of little star) @Key
To the moon @Freebirdgame
I like pencil. | My name is (Cha-On) this -Cha- pronounce as -Che- from Che Guevara.
Zailen

Post by Zailen »

I'll freely admit that I teared up on the Shizune bad ending. When you walk away, and leave her all alone. You could feel her heartbreak, and her hopelessness. The worst part was that she didn't even blame you. She blamed herself entirely, and it wasn't even completely her fault. She reached out one time, and Hisao wasn't there for her. It felt really bad. :(