If you could bully Hanako in the game...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

YZQ

Re: If you could bully Hanako in the game...

Post by YZQ »

Xanatos wrote:
YZQ wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Convince her (with Lilly's help) that reconstructive surgery is the best option for her...But have the surgeon secretly be a monster movie makeup artist.
I'll go prepare the half-mask and defaced coin.
Hanako Dent?
Complete with Erika, the female Phantom of the Opera.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

This is turning into something strange. Did you all read that one Hanako fan fiction or something? The one on this page...

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=7373

As much as it was a good piece of work, I shuddered a bit reading that. Hanako would never act that way. It was slightly interesting imagining her with that alternate persona, but hell if that story didn't bring out the White Knight urges in me, to save the damsel in distress.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:This is turning into something strange. Did you all read that one Hanako fan fiction or something? The one on this page...

As much as it was a good piece of work, I shuddered a bit reading that. Hanako would never act that way. It was slightly interesting imagining her with that alternate persona, but hell if that story didn't bring out the White Knight urges in me, to save the damsel in distress.
Disclaimer: I was the writer of the fic. So yeah, it came from the depths of my brain. In her story, Hanako chose to swallow all the injustice she suffered, and blamed herself, that she had driven her former friends away with her looks.

On a more serious side, I tried to imagine a situation where Hanako chose to gave in to her hatred of people after her isolation due to the fire. The results... are not pretty.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Dream

Post by Dream »

YZQ wrote:On a more serious side, I tried to imagine a situation where Hanako chose to gave in to her hatred of people after her isolation due to the fire. The results... are not pretty.
Not pretty? They're fucking awesome. Granted i admit that such charm or manipulation might be hurtful to Hanako in the long run, but damned if her masked version doesn't have a shitload of swag and that Maria-esque sense of allure and mystery.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Dream wrote:
YZQ wrote:On a more serious side, I tried to imagine a situation where Hanako chose to gave in to her hatred of people after her isolation due to the fire. The results... are not pretty.
Not pretty? They're fucking awesome. Granted i admit that such charm or manipulation might be hurtful to Hanako in the long run, but damned if her masked version doesn't have a shitload of swag and that Maria-esque sense of allure and mystery.
I would like to think secretly, this version of Hanako still cries a little at night. She probably would have realised that she was wearing 2 masks: the physical half-mask, and her mask of arrogance and contempt. And Hanako is right on one count: she indeed would not have any "true" friends. By nature, Hanako likes to make friends that are "true", to be friends with someone because of who they are. That was why she was crushed after her friends shunned her after the fire.

Dream

Post by Dream »

YZQ wrote:I would like to think secretly, this version of Hanako still cries a little at night. She probably would have realised that she was wearing 2 masks: the physical half-mask, and her mask of arrogance and contempt. And Hanako is right on one count: she indeed would not have any "true" friends. By nature, Hanako likes to make friends that are "true", to be friends with someone because of who they are. That was why she was crushed after her friends shunned her after the fire.
Pretty much, the realization that all of her friends are attracted to her thanks to her skill and deceit rather than any honest interest in her is a knowledge that would slowly erode any happiness she might have gotten from manipulating people, plus any shame she might feel from acting that way in public thus establishing herself as that kind of person towards the world. Something specially bad/painful when she has no parents or other unconditional support to rely on.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Hanako = Closet Phantom of the Opera fangirl. :)

Sings "Music of the Night" during karaoke way too much.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

pandaphil wrote:Hanako = Closet Phantom of the Opera fangirl. :)

Sings "Music of the Night" during karaoke way too much.
She probably might have read the original French novel (in translation, of course).

Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

YZQ wrote:
Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:This is turning into something strange. Did you all read that one Hanako fan fiction or something? The one on this page...

Disclaimer: I was the writer of the fic. So yeah, it came from the depths of my brain. In her story, Hanako chose to swallow all the injustice she suffered, and blamed herself, that she had driven her former friends away with her looks.

On a more serious side, I tried to imagine a situation where Hanako chose to gave in to her hatred of people after her isolation due to the fire. The results... are not pretty.
Wow, that was an interesting read.Thank you, YZQ.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Selim Bradley wrote:
YZQ wrote:

Wow, that was an interesting read.Thank you, YZQ.
Thanks for the review. Perhaps, one day, Hanako will pluck up her courage and play Erik in a Yamaku adaptation of the play (Lord knows if Yamaku even has a theatre club).

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Oh lord...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

YZQ wrote:
Thanks for the review. Perhaps, one day, Hanako will pluck up her courage and play Erik in a Yamaku adaptation of the play (Lord knows if Yamaku even has a theatre club).
I dunno. I think they'd have to get her pretty drunk before she'd stand in front of an audience.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:
YZQ wrote:
I dunno. I think they'd have to get her pretty drunk before she'd stand in front of an audience.
Well, Phantom is adapted from French source material. And those people do like their wine. Might as well go all out. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

pandaphil wrote:
YZQ wrote:
She probably has to be told explicitly that the audience is watching her because she is performing the central character of the play, not because of her condition, not to mention that between the costumes and the makeup, no one will notice her scars. Bonus points if Lily decides to take Christine to help Hanako cope, and if the production crew leaves Hanako uncredited for the role. An actor refusing to be credited for playing the Phantom? That will drum up interest.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:
pandaphil wrote:
YZQ wrote:
She probably has to be told explicitly that the audience is watching her because she is performing the central character of the play, not because of her condition, not to mention that between the costumes and the makeup, no one will notice her scars. Bonus points if Lily decides to take Christine to help Hanako cope, and if the production crew leaves Hanako uncredited for the role. An actor refusing to be credited for playing the Phantom? That will drum up interest.
Lesyay...