Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Maakasu_Taihaku

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

Damn i can't find anyone willing to run with me, atleast i didn't ask im jsut thinking of people who would, the only friend that seems like he would is 3hrs away in school :(
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:Damn i can't find anyone willing to run with me, atleast i didn't ask im jsut thinking of people who would, the only friend that seems like he would is 3hrs away in school :(
You could just keep track of times and progress and tell each other so its more like you are in it together, that would be something at least.

So I skipped today for the first time out of shear lazy. Feels bad man. I woke up and just did not have the will to get out of bed so within a couple of seconds I was back asleep until my work alarm. I am highly disappointed.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:I guess your right, the points are very valid. Any brands you would recommend that are worth the price or cheaper side but just as good
Since I live in Germany the brands will probably differ a lot. You are from Canada IIRC? Try Kona then. They aren't that expensive even here and are quite good and from what I know they are Canadian.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Parrot

Post by Parrot »

amazingly I ve been doing the coach to 5k. up to week 6 now, was never able to run for more than 5min before but did the 21min routine wo a problem. thanks emi and ks!
Maakasu_Taihaku

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

You could just keep track of times and progress and tell each other so its more like you are in it together, that would be something at least.

So I skipped today for the first time out of shear lazy. Feels bad man. I woke up and just did not have the will to get out of bed so within a couple of seconds I was back asleep until my work alarm. I am highly disappointed.
True that could work, and get back out there man XD, pick rest days of course.
Since I live in Germany the brands will probably differ a lot. You are from Canada IIRC? Try Kona then. They aren't that expensive even here and are quite good and from what I know they are Canadian.
Kona, and yea i live in Canada, I'll check them out. Thanks
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

As I said, take a look at used bikes on the net, find something you like in your proximity then send me the link so I can check at least the description and the picture out.

By the way, here's my self built bike after modifications - new crank, new cassette, new €700 fork, new shifters, new chain
Sorry, I'm just bragging, can't help myself :D

Parrot

Post by Parrot »

hell yeah 25min today
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Anyone knows much about joints, from perspective of having workout? Anything to look out for? I stopped having muscle pains some time ago, but for the second time I can feel my knees some. Not something to show your doctor, but still. Now I think about it, there was some snowfall lately, and I was running uncleared paths most the way. Still on week 2, had to redo it becouse of the flu.
FissionXMailed

Post by FissionXMailed »

NoOne3 wrote:Anyone knows much about joints, from perspective of having workout? Anything to look out for? I stopped having muscle pains some time ago, but for the second time I can feel my knees some. Not something to show your doctor, but still. Now I think about it, there was some snowfall lately, and I was running uncleared paths most the way. Still on week 2, had to redo it becouse of the flu.
The only things I could say really about joints and working out are revolving around weight training. Just make sure your form is right and do it nice and slow (not fast and sloppy)so you're actually working out the muscle group and NOT your joints.

But your knee hurting is a bit odd. Do you do any leg strength workouts at all or do you just run?
94% Collected (Only have done Good endings.)
(1st) Emi: Done
(2nd) Hanako: Done
(3rd) Shizune: Done
(4th) Rin: Done
(5th) Lilly: Done
Got the "feels"? Click here for a resolve.
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

NoOne3 wrote:Anyone knows much about joints, from perspective of having workout? Anything to look out for? I stopped having muscle pains some time ago, but for the second time I can feel my knees some. Not something to show your doctor, but still. Now I think about it, there was some snowfall lately, and I was running uncleared paths most the way. Still on week 2, had to redo it becouse of the flu.
Could be the cold making the joint stress worse. Cold weather and low pressure systems due to rain or snow can mess with joints pretty bad. Then whatever strain you put on them from running with cold at the same time could be it. That is just a guess however.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
ChibaMasaya

Post by ChibaMasaya »

Nice sig FissionXMailed ; )
OFF

So I started running and workout as well, I always was like "yea I should", but after I completed guess which path, I definitely feel the need to movemovemove.
Also it is different than from my previous attempts, I was never so motivated, and I am very glad of it that I finally am. After my first run, I simply love it, and
cannot wait each day to go out and give those muscles a bit work. I combine it with home workout for a month, after that I start to head out to the gym.

I also plan to provide a montage of six pictures of my progress in six months. Hope the forum will be still up : )

By the way, I guess it worth checking out for everyone who hesitates or not in the mood to go out:
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

i have failed already, a decade ago.
but then again, about "I'd ravage your ass" - first I don't own a donkey, second it could go both ways, I still remember my old martial arts lessons :x
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

I took up jogging again untill i found a sports club that i'll join. I know i'll give up running after a few weeks, but i'll be able to keep sporting if it's in a club. Anyway, my first run in like 6 months and it hurted Hisao style lol. But i'm going to keep up with it untill i find a sports club :) Btw, anyone using Emi's running schedule? :p

Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Yup. Most people refer to it, like constantly :P But no harm's done. It feels like a running club as well, so a wall poster wouldn't come amiss.