Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

gRaViJa

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by gRaViJa »

Today i wanted to run 6km in under 30mins, result: 6km in 29m07s! I really kept a good pace and managed to run the last +-400m at high speed. This feels really good.

I prefer posting in this topic more then any other topic on the forum so i'll tell you guys some more plans of me. Some of you might still remember that thanks to KS I decided to switch my life style by starting to run, subscribe for a 1 year course at university and meet up with some old friends again.

Now that I reached most of those goals, I decided to set some more goals. i'm thinking of these:

* This summer I'm going to sport on a daily basis. Either in a sports club or in a fitness centre if some friends decide to join me.

* I'm gonna learn to cook! I love good food and my entire family can cook, except me. Time to step up :)

*In 1 year (after the university course) I'll find a good job that permits to travel during summer aka a job that is connected to a university (here all staff get's +- 6 weeks of vacation during summer and some extra weeks throughout the year, awesome!). I even applied for a job of digital communication employee at a university yesterday. IF i get that job, i'll forget about that course and start working at once.

* somewhere in summer 2013, i'm going to live on my own, sooner if i get that job I applied for. I'm gonna liwe with my best friends who are sharing a house. Gonna be awesome.

* In the summer of 2014 (2013 if possible), i'm going to japan for +- 6 weeks.

* When I live with my friends next year i'll be sure to join a sports club in that new town AND i'm going to start playing music in a band again. There are plenty of musical people over there and a very active music scene.

Let's see how this will go :p
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Akros

Post by Akros »

gRaViJa wrote: * I'm gonna learn to cook! I love good food and my entire family can cook, except me. Time to step up :)

* somewhere in summer 2013, i'm going to live on my own, sooner if i get that job I applied for. I'm gonna liwe with my best friends who are sharing a house. Gonna be awesome.

* In the summer of 2014 (2013 if possible), i'm going to japan for +- 6 weeks.

* When I live with my friends next year i'll be sure to join a sports club in that new town AND i'm going to start playing music in a band again. There are plenty of musical people over there and a very active music scene.
I've set my mind on doing that stuff so many times that I can't even remember. Specially the cooking part and picking up my guitar again, but now I've got tons of stuff to do, next year I might even go to a different collegue in like the opposite part of Spain, and I'm lacking money as to be able to go to Japan for such a long time. Anyway, if i'm lucky I might eventually go there, at least I'll try to get a job, since one of the many reasons I'm studying engineering is just to go there.
Good luck with your goals, they sure are admirable.

@NoOne I think I'll stick with the red velvet one ( I'm actually gonna use it for my "mini-arcade" project, will post some pics during summer once I get it done)
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

anyone of you guys felt like running a little too slow and kinda easily tired all of a sudden? First time it happened to me. And I hated it. How am I suppose to get ready for week 3 if I can't go any faster? :( (dafuq is wrong with you body!)
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

ZXRN wrote:anyone of you guys felt like running a little too slow and kinda easily tired all of a sudden? First time it happened to me. And I hated it. How am I suppose to get ready for week 3 if I can't go any faster? :( (dafuq is wrong with you body!)
One of the reason why I use the treadmill--keep the pace up.

But maybe it's because you lack some sleep/rest, not enough water, or you skipped on warming up. Maybe, I'm no expert in this stuff
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

ZXRN wrote:anyone of you guys felt like running a little too slow and kinda easily tired all of a sudden? First time it happened to me. And I hated it. How am I suppose to get ready for week 3 if I can't go any faster? :( (dafuq is wrong with you body!)
Don't worry, everyone has better and worse days. Next session you might run faster then ever before.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!

100 push-up challenge
macfluffers

Post by macfluffers »

I stopped running because of reasons roughly six to eight weeks ago. Starting up my routine again is going to be a pain...

Akira>>>Everyone else
Babli

Post by Babli »

Finished my Week 4 Day 3 mix.

Now, there are all three, for those who are interested:

Day 1

http://www.mediafire.com/?oevhdlubn0t4b6q

3 min run - No Quarter by Alestorm
1 and half min walk - Memory by Yokko Kanno (Cowboy Bebop OST)
5 min run - Into the Battlefield (Crows Zero OST)
2 and half min walk - Dear Loser by X Japan
3 min run - A Song for Athletes by Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra
1 and half min walk - Returning to the Fortress (The Witcher OST)
5 min run - Rise (Ghost in the Shell:SAC Opening)

Day 2

http://www.mediafire.com/?vxt4rcjwtolycap

3 min run - Chariots of Fire by Vangelis a.k.a. Ultimate running song
1 and half min walk - Well, wont spoil this one :lol:
5 min run - Emiya (Fate Stay Night) Rock version
2 and half min walk - Belleville by Django Reinhardt
3 min run - Ecstasy of Gold by Ennio Morricone
1 and half min walk - Intro music from Witcher 2
5 min run - Lift by Poets of the Fall

Day 3

http://www.mediafire.com/?6g7l78s8h4anel1

3 min run - Stars of Tears (Xenogears OST)
1 and half min walk - We´re the Great (GitS:SAC OST)
5 min run - The Cage by Sugizo
2 and half min walk - Red Horizon by Galneryus
3 min run - Noontide (Guilty Gear OST)
1 and half min walk - Spirit of Damascus (Assassins Creed OST)
5 min run - Stray by Steve Conte (Wolf´s Rain Opening)
BionicKraken

Post by BionicKraken »

Just started the couch to 5k thing. Going again tomorrow. Not as bad as I thought it would be. We'll see how it goes, though.
Much love to the Emi workout thread for kickstarting many positive changes in both my life and my mindset.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Go for it man, you can always join our group at Fitocracy.

@bablist: That playlist looks cool!
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!

100 push-up challenge
Akros

Post by Akros »

just got back from W4D3, again thanks for the mix, it really help :D
Today it wasn't so hot so everything went alright.

@gravija: Fitocracy?
BionicKraken

Post by BionicKraken »

I conveniently have the day off tomorrow, so I'll be running again then. Running on the beach is nice, though I realized I really need to work on my form. Aiming to go a lot further this time, as I wasn't able to finish the full 8 cycles (to clarify, I expected to just flop over in the sand and get nowhere :lol: ). I didn't really eat enough that day, though, so I expect that'll make a world of difference.
Much love to the Emi workout thread for kickstarting many positive changes in both my life and my mindset.
Akros

Post by Akros »

BionicKraken wrote:I conveniently have the day off tomorrow, so I'll be running again then. Running on the beach is nice, though I realized I really need to work on my form. Aiming to go a lot further this time, as I wasn't able to finish the full 8 cycles (to clarify, I expected to just flop over in the sand and get nowhere :lol: ). I didn't really eat enough that day, though, so I expect that'll make a world of difference.
Run somewhere else, if you are not used to running maybe the sand will get you tired pretty fast.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

I think sand is better for your joints (as it cushions your steps. Every step you make when you run, 10x your body weight drops on one of your legs), but uses up more energy and is harder, since when you push off a foot, it sinks into the sand so you use more energy to move.

I only just realised that I've been working for 2 weeks, (and because it only takes me 7-8 mins to walk to work, I've been coming home for lunch). However, at half a mile either way, that really adds up, so I've been walking 2 miles, 4 days a week. Couple of days I've been late or energetic, and jogged the half mile (slow jog, but still a jog!). I'm trying to get into a habit of jogging at least one of the four legs regularly, before stepping it up to two 8D

Anyways, I did W5D3 of 100PU yesterday, but not quite. New job has got me tired, so I was feeling pretty knackered before I started, I was meant to do 20/20/24/24/20/20/22/50+. I did 20/20/24/24/20/20/22/40.
Not bad, considering how I was feeling, but since I got significantly under the required number of pushups both Wed and Fri, I'm aiming to repeat Friday's exercises next Mon and Wed, and do my exhaustion test on next Fri.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
BionicKraken

Post by BionicKraken »

I have a 10 minute walk to work myself, though running without stretching out is usually still a bad idea for me. I really need to eat more consistent meals, too. Not having many groceries at home is irritating sometimes.
Akros

Post by Akros »

BionicKraken wrote:I have a 10 minute walk to work myself, though running without stretching out is usually still a bad idea for me. I really need to eat more consistent meals, too. Not having many groceries at home is irritating sometimes.
that's always a bad idea, it doesn't matter if its either you or Usain Bolt. You should always strech up a little, it just takes a couple of minutes or less