Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Kilo

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Kilo »

Mirrormn wrote:Boom boom, Week 5 Day 3 repeated and accomplished properly this time. The majority of the run was pretty easy, almost bordering on pleasant - partly because I took a slightly slower pace than my first Day 3 attempt, partly because I made sure to drink plenty of water beforehand, and partly because I modified my posture and breathing to reduce the fatigue of repetition that probably lead to the stitch in my side that caused my first attempt to fail.

Unfortunately, the soreness I developed in my quadriceps from whimsically sprinting around yesterday caused the last portion of my route - which, as I've mentioned several times before in this thread, consists of a very steep uphill incline - to be incredibly hellish, since jogging uphill employs much more of the sprinting muscle set than jogging on flat ground does. At the moment, I think my upper leg muscles are so sore that if I tried to get up from my computer chair, I would fall over =/

Anyway, onwards to Week 6! Given how easy the middle of today's run felt, I don't it will be it will be a very difficult week.
Congratulations :D I'm really anxious to see if I'll manage to keep up when I hit Week 5...
Dude, we all know the urge. Overtraining is no fun, though, it forces you to stop doing sports for weeks, sometimes months. You don't want to do that. What you can do is go for a walk on recovery days, because an easy walk is an excellent recovery.
Thanks, I think I'll go for a walk then in those days.
Also, I play tennis for half an hour on the days I'm supposed to rest, and THAT for me is light exercise. Does it count like if it were a walk?
Couchto5k Progress:
Kind-of-complete, increasing speed now.
Espionage724

Post by Espionage724 »

Heh, I actually started trying to do some jogging when I was doing Emi's route. I just did a simple jog around the block around midnight, nothing too extreme. Stopped after a week for some reason though, but maybe I'll try to do it again
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Espionage724 wrote:I just did a simple jog around the block around midnight, nothing too extreme.
First: This ilustrates what KS do to people. You finish it. You stare blankly at the ending credits. You jog around the block in the middle of the night, or wander aimlessly around town till morning, or just pick up drawing lessons together with Sign Language classes, learn cooking or japanese.

Or train for the marathon, like we here do, eh? Nudge, nudge? Nowwhatimean? Nowhotimean? Saynomore, saynomore!

Second: Said running in the middle of the night around the block might be quite an extreme experience in some neighbourhoods.
completesky

Post by completesky »

NoOne3 wrote:
Espionage724 wrote:Second: Said running in the middle of the night around the block might be quite an extreme experience in some neighbourhoods.
If anyone tries to mug you scream "EMMIIIII!" at the top of your lungs while charging at them. I guarantee they won't fuck with you again.

Anyway, Week 2 Day 1 of the Bridge to 10K for me. Pretty easy as long as you have music.
Emi's Couch to 5K - Done
Emi's Couch to 10K - Done
100 Push-Up Challenge - Pending
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Kilo wrote:Thanks, I think I'll go for a walk then in those days.
Also, I play tennis for half an hour on the days I'm supposed to rest, and THAT for me is light exercise. Does it count like if it were a walk?
As long as you don't feel too fatigued or achey afterwards, I would've thought it were OK.
First: This ilustrates what KS do to people. You finish it. You stare blankly at the ending credits. You jog around the block in the middle of the night, or wander aimlessly around town till morning, or just pick up drawing lessons together with Sign Language classes, learn cooking or japanese.
:$ I finished it, I jogged in the middle of the night (most of my jogs over a month period were between 12 m'night and 2am), I started learning sign language, I already cook, and it is now a minor ambition to wander aimlessly around town 'til morning at least once in my life xD

Edit: (after doing my exercise for the day)
Who the sadistic piece of made up 100 pressup chart killthem -_-

W3D1 was 14/18/14/14/20+. Nice and easy.
W3D2 was 20/25/15/15/25+

That is quite a jump >.<
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

A short story of how I found myself back on week 1 day 1.

I wanted to take a week off from running, since some of my muscles are still sore. And then suddenly yesterday my GF asked me why I'm not running that day, and told me she wanted to see what it's like. I figured I can manage day 1 even with some parts not entirely ok. She's in better overall shape, so she had far less trouble than my first day was.

She's still pondering, whether to join me tommorow, but no loss. If she sticks to it I can take the course again, and if not I'll come back to week 5 starting monday.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Running partners for the win!
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Bgfan

Post by Bgfan »

Emi inspired me to lose 36 pounds if that counts for anything :)
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Running partners ftwx2 :D

As Emi says, with company it'll be more fun and help you to keep running for longer :D
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

I'm planning to do this during the summer.
What are your inputs on this workout? Was it difficult? I'm not much of a runner so I'm pretty apprehensive whether I can keep up with it or not.
"Don't die!"
~Anonymous
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Eclipse wrote:I'm planning to do this during the summer.
What are your inputs on this workout? Was it difficult? I'm not much of a runner so I'm pretty apprehensive whether I can keep up with it or not.
Well, as they say: no pain, no gain. It takes considerable effort to work through the program. On the other hand, it's called "Couch to 5k" for a reason! It's designed specifically for people who aren't "much of a runner". If you can make it through the first day, then you should be able to go all the way.

I say go for it! In fact, don't wait till summer, start now! You could be running 5ks 3 times a week by summer!
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

Anyone have links to the push ups challenge and the 5k to 10k bridge charts? I would like to add them to the first post list of stuff but am far too lazy to spend the 3 minutes to go find links to edit in.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

100 Pushup Challenge!
5k to 10k with Emi!

Also, thanks for keeping the front page up to date!

As of today, I've finished with W7 of EC25K :D and you know what, I couldn't have done it without the rest of you guys helping me to stay motivated.
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Eclipse wrote:Was it difficult?
Yes, and no.
It is quite easy to physically do the runs. It is hard at times, but it is amazing how quickly one can gain some fundamental constitution needed. And even repeating some of the weeks I feel I'm getting somewhere.

The hard part is the mental one. You have to make yourself to do it the first time, and then every time again to continue with it. Motivation is crucial here.
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

MoogleDee wrote:100 Pushup Challenge!
5k to 10k with Emi!
Also, thanks for keeping the front page up to date!
No problem. I know I do not post often but I do read this thread at least once ever day so its worth keeping the opening useful.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...