Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Xanatos »

Walrusfella wrote:
MadScientist wrote:Also, just a question for everyone: Why do you run? The runner's high, weight loss, or just because?
I run because even though it hurts like crazy after a race, it's worth it thinking "Holy crap I just did that". Kind of a self-reward system.
That's a good question MadScientist, and a good answer. Weight loss and endurance improvements have been good for me, but the top reason is probably the mental clarity it brings. When I'm running I can't really think about anything else; everything falls away and there's just the goal. Work problems or stress or other nonsense can't follow me on the track. Sometimes I even come to a difficult decision or figure out something that's been bothering me after a run.

-

Small update on my stuff: Running is still going well, aside from the occasional temporary setback. I was worried I had gained 15+ pounds on vacation, but it turns out I only gained two. I can now comfortably reach 11 km at my default speed. Well, not comfortably, but you know what I mean. I'm going to keep trying to increase that. If things keep improving at their present rate, I may eventually get to half marathon distance. I don't want to commit to that yet because it still feels unreachable and a bit scary.

I have also worn out the running shoes which I bought when I started Couch to 5k. I've never done that before and it really surprised me. Decent shoes with wear left in them are critical for preventing injuries, especially for larger guys like me.

One last thing: I had another patch made up as a treat for reaching the end of Bridge to 10k, and I just finished sewing it to my riding jacket. I thought you guys might like it. :)

Nice patch. :lol: Where'd you get it?

I hurt my ankle a while back somehow so I'm off the running for now until it gets better.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

Very nice patch.

I don't really know so much why I run these days. I enjoy it but I think I do it because I want to keep healthy and feel like its an active way to try and keep on top of that. It feels good to think I am doing something that has a positive effect on myself.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Nice patch, and well earned
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

A personal reminder not to run at 11 a.m while it's hot as fuck.
Jesus Christ.
On another note, running at 10 km/h now.
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Thanks guys. :)
Gandara wrote:Sweet patch, bro! Bet your wife will love it. :lol:
She does, actually - she's an Emibro. :lol:

Good luck sticking with your restrictions; I'll adhere to them as well. We need to get rid of our respective interloping two pounds.
Enemy | wrote:A personal reminder not to run at 11 a.m while it's hot as fuck.
Jesus Christ.
On another note, running at 10 km/h now.
Good reminder. This past summer I ran exactly once in the middle of the day. I felt like an ant under a magnifying glass.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Anyone else feel lung pain while running?
Usually starts about halfway through the race and goes away after a couple of minutes but it's annoying.
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

Enemy | wrote:Anyone else feel lung pain while running?
Usually starts about halfway through the race and goes away after a couple of minutes but it's annoying.
Yes, several times.
I don't think of it as a problem as it goes away by itself. Also becomes less as you build up more stamina.
Zilveri

Post by Zilveri »

Now that I'm done with the VN, I'm gonna give this a try. Today I started Couch to 5k and I'm also doing the 100 Push-up Challenge from now on.
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

Enemy | wrote:Anyone else feel lung pain while running?
Only when I run in the cold. Sore is ok but pain is always a sign of something wrong. Is it cold or unsanitary where you run?
Zilveri wrote:Now that I'm done with the VN, I'm gonna give this a try. Today I started Couch to 5k and I'm also doing the 100 Push-up Challenge from now on.
Go for it.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

So, been about a month since picking up running. I've been able to steadily run three times a week in the mornings most of the time. Time to kick it up a notch. Time to go for the push-up workout.
Did the initial exhaustion test recently and the schedule put me on week three. Was a bit disappointed since the initial test for the running schedule put me on week seven. Guess stamina doesn't say much about the amount of push-ups.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Which is the better thing to drink during runs?

Sports drink (e.g. Pocari Sweat) or just bottled water?
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

Megumeru wrote:Which is the better thing to drink during runs?

Sports drink (e.g. Pocari Sweat) or just bottled water?
Depends on how long you run.

If you're going for a quick workout (e.g. 30 minutes) then you should try to drink enough water beforehand. Interrupting your workout to drink and then continuing on with a tired body is just a chore and will ultimately impact your results.

If you're going for long-distance running (at least an hour or two) then sports drinks might come in handy. When you're running for a long time, the energy reserves in your muscle cells will start to deplete. Sports drinks are a fast way to fill them up temporarily. But only when going for long-distance running. Drinking it during short workouts will only give you more calories to burn and make you feel bloated.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Reksho wrote:If you're going for a quick workout (e.g. 30 minutes) then you should try to drink enough water beforehand. Interrupting your workout to drink and then continuing on with a tired body is just a chore and will ultimately impact your results.
no need to interrupt if you've got a small backpack with a bladder and a tube (camelbak, source or similar). very practical thing.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

dunkelfalke wrote:
Reksho wrote:If you're going for a quick workout (e.g. 30 minutes) then you should try to drink enough water beforehand. Interrupting your workout to drink and then continuing on with a tired body is just a chore and will ultimately impact your results.
no need to interrupt if you've got a small backpack with a bladder and a tube (camelbak, source or similar). very practical thing.
Still, there is no need to drink when you're hydrated enough beforehand. If you're not interrupting the workout, then you sure are interrupting your digestive system.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Plus it's not like you drink water and you are instantly hydrated.
HurricaneHarvey wrote:Only when I run in the cold. Sore is ok but pain is always a sign of something wrong. Is it cold or unsanitary where you run?
Well uh I don't know the technical difference between soreness and pain. It's not cold or unsanitary though. When it is cold I usually get headaches not lung pain.