Music that makes you think of KS

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpecimenSix

Re: The Un-Music of Katawa Shoujo

Post by SpecimenSix »

Xanatos wrote:Okay, I swear I'm gonna try to take this topic seriously but first... Emi's theme.
I knew someone was gonna post that one, I can't say I'm surprised it was you. :lol: I'm sure you've all seen it anyways, but regardless heres Misha's theme. Gets me every time.

Oh my, somehow I didn't even think about this one. Rin's theme.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Another song I just remembered. I've already told Umber this in a PM, but Bat Country (warning if you have a potential for epilepsy related-seizures) by Avenged Sevenfold makes me think of a heavy metal overview for KS.

Can't you help me as I'm startin' to burn (all alone). <= Hanako (I'm going to hell for that :lol:)
Too many doses and I'm starting to get an attraction. <= Lilly and her easy addiction, be it tea, alcohol or sex XD
My confidence is leaving me on my own (all alone). No one can save me and you know I don't want the attention. <= Both these lines make me think Shizune

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. <= Each of the girls has some hidden issues that aren't apparent
I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. <= Hisao's good intentions can backfire on him spectacularly.
Scared but you can follow me I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. <= All of the characters.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Legend

Post by Legend »

Blackest Heart would be nice during the few tense/would-be creepy moments, and the "heartbeat" is a nice touch to recall Hisao's condition.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

SpecimenSix wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Okay, I swear I'm gonna try to take this topic seriously but first... Emi's theme.
I knew someone was gonna post that one, I can't say I'm surprised it was you. :lol: I'm sure you've all seen it anyways, but regardless heres Misha's theme. Gets me every time.

Oh my, somehow I didn't even think about this one. Rin's theme.
I have to agree 100% on those musical choices.

Weezer fuck yeah! This song really shows my experience with Shizune's route. I liked Misha a lot more and was hoping I could get with her, But, well, I think you know why that isn't possible :P (Also, look at the top comment on the video.)

And Tiny Tim as Rin's theme. That's just genius! :lol:

EDIT: Hanako's Theme.
Last edited by KeiichiO on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

KeiichiO wrote:Weezer fuck yeah! This song really shows my experience with Shizune's route. I liked Misha a lot more and was hoping I could get with her, But, well, I think you know why that isn't possible :P (Also, look at the top comment on the video.):
I'm dying from that XD
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

While it would be appropriate for any of the girls really, I can't help but feel like Rose of Sharyn is very fitting for Hanako.
Also for some reason I find Her Poisoned Tongues rather fitting for Kenji. With all the anger directed towards a woman from the past, I can say that if it's not Kenji's theme, then he at least listens to it regularly.

KeiichiO: Yea that's why I always listen to that one on youtube, I always give that top comment another thumbs up every time I go there, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that the first time I went there after playing KS. :D
Last edited by SpecimenSix on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Legend

Post by Legend »

KeiichiO wrote: EDIT: Hanako's Theme.
This is perfect.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Steinherz wrote:
Why do I not even have to click on that to know what that is? It's obviously What What in the Butt
I know you too well Xanatos XD

Well, what was I supposed to do, NOT jokingly reference the anal scene? :roll:

Could see this fitting Rin.

And this could play over the scene of Emi at the cemetery.

And this isn't strictly for anything in-game but for those who enjoy the idea of a deranged yandere Hanako...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Yup. couldn't agree more. A deep song for a deep girl.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Xanatos wrote:Well, what was I supposed to do, NOT jokingly reference the anal scene? :roll:

Could see this fitting Rin.

And this could play over the scene of Emi at the cemetery.

And this isn't strictly for anything in-game but for those who enjoy the idea of a deranged yandere Hanako...
Nothing Else Matters for Rin? (no shit XD) It fits perfectly
That one for Emi, oh god it does fit.
And yandere Hanako? Xan you haven't heard the Yandere's theme song have you?

Also, even though she isn't a man, Akira is still a sharp dresser.
I also draw, kind of.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Another theme for Hanako. I'm not sure why I didn't think of it sooner. Also Steinherz that is the PERFECT song for Akira.

Also The Chili Pepper's most beautiful song could either be for Rin or Lilly. I'm really torn on this one, I'd probably lean more towards Rin but Lilly is definitely a very close second.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Outasight's "Ill Drink To That", for any of the good endings. Third stanza:

"Pour another round,
this one's on me. (Woo-oo)
A toast to our love and our family. (Woo-oo)
And when the day grows old,
may we look back and say,
that we had our fun,
we lived while we were young!"
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Steinherz wrote:Also, even though she isn't a man, Akira is still a sharp dresser.
I can imagine Akira walking down the street in her suit and sunglasses with maximum swagger in her step while that song is playing. It's truly an awesome image that I wish someone would animate.
Last edited by KeiichiO on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Another one for Kenji, Whiskey in the Jar. I'm not sure why I didn't think of that one sooner, it practically screams Kenji.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."