Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

TheHivemind
Path Writer

Re: Ask!

Post by TheHivemind »

misterprinny wrote:How long do you expect the game (and perhaps the forums) to retain its popularity?
No clue. I imagine there will always be a group of die-hards popping in now and again... and whenever we announce something new I'm sure folk will show up here since we don't have an official 4ls forum beyond this one.
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

Did any of you work together IRL on this? Or was every single interaction via the internet?
Also, why do you hang around here instead of abandoning us like the savages we are? I imagine there's more than just moderation motivating you.
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Gamera Ramen wrote:Did any of you work together IRL on this? Or was every single interaction via the internet?
A few of us know each other in real life and occasionally worked physically together, but most don't. I live a thousand miles away from the closest dev to me so it'd be impractical.
Also, why do you hang around here instead of abandoning us like the savages we are? I imagine there's more than just moderation motivating you.
It's more habitual than anything I think, plus there's the possibility of something popping up that needs our attention. I've built a habit of being somewhat outside-facing, because a vast majority of 4LS aren't.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
sneakysmooth

Post by sneakysmooth »

How much money went into the production of the game?
magzh

Post by magzh »

sneakysmooth wrote:How much money went into the production of the game?
Probably zero? They all volunteered into production.
sneakysmooth

Post by sneakysmooth »

magzh wrote:
Probably zero? They all volunteered into production.
I know that but what I'm asking is about the amount of money the devs put into the game.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

As far as I know, none directly, but there have been a heap of volunteers that have paid for web hosting, domain names, and, of course, all of our time.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
misterprinny

Post by misterprinny »

What is your opinion on the Hanako's Broken Hearts Club (HBHC) for short? Though I was never involved with it, I was here when it got started and now the thread is almost as gigantic as this Ask thread and spawned its own forums.
Head Editor at Stewart-Class 7 Studios, an OELVN studio similar to 4LS. Please check out our blog and website and our forums.
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

4ever4you wrote:What do you guys think that on gamefaqs KS is rated #3 on top PC games and #11 for all platforms? Also, I thought that the game was amazing, but I'm sad that you guys decided not to make another game. If you made a game that sold for money and was as good as this one I think you could make a lot of profit Couldn't you make another game even if it takes 10 years because you're doing other stuff and the game dev would be when you could?
GOD DAMN IT.
YourFavAnon

Post by YourFavAnon »

TheHivemind wrote:
4ever4you wrote:What do you guys think that on gamefaqs KS is rated #3 on top PC games and #11 for all platforms? Also, I thought that the game was amazing, but I'm sad that you guys decided not to make another game. If you made a game that sold for money and was as good as this one I think you could make a lot of profit Couldn't you make another game even if it takes 10 years because you're doing other stuff and the game dev would be when you could?
GOD DAMN IT.
Silly Hivemind, we all know that people never read FAQ's nowadays.
I write things occasionally.

Dumps of my 35+ fics can be found here and here (including some non-KS stuff).
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

TheHivemind wrote:
GOD DAMN IT.

Hey, did 4ls break up? I heard you guys broke up and hate each other and will never make anything again.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Pseudogenesis wrote:
TheHivemind wrote:
GOD DAMN IT.

Hey, did 4ls break up? I heard you guys broke up and hate each other and will never make anything again.
Read this
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

I read somewhere that the 4LS members gather at Mount Rushmore every year to hold an annual no-holds-barred orgy. Is that true?

No, I'm not being serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Okay, in keeping with the thread title, I'll ask an actual question (that isn't a joke); have the 4LS members ever considered meeting up someplace? In person, I mean. You spent years working on this game without ever meeting beyond forums and such, so I wonder if you've ever considered setting up a date to actually meet the people with whom you worked so diligently - if only to share a few bottles of whiskey, trade war stories, and maybe go on a pantie-raid at a local college.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

It's pretty cool that something like KS is relevant on a mainstream gaming site such as gamefaqs. It's a showcase of the explosive popularity KS got upon release.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Helbereth wrote: Okay, in keeping with the thread title, I'll ask an actual question (that isn't a joke); have the 4LS members ever considered meeting up someplace? In person, I mean. You spent years working on this game without ever meeting beyond forums and such, so I wonder if you've ever considered setting up a date to actually meet the people with whom you worked so diligently - if only to share a few bottles of whiskey, trade war stories, and maybe go on a pantie-raid at a local college.
A few of us have met in what the kids these days refer to as IRL (but I will always refer to as 'meatspace'), but I am not one of them. We're kind of all over the world, and while I can't speak for the people who aren't me, it would be fucking expensive and I'm poor.

So unless we happen to run into one another at the local grocer's I kinda doubt it would never happen. If you'd like to give me a shitload of money to make it happen, I'll arrange something.