Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

grissy

Re: Ask!

Post by grissy »

I wish I had a question to ask, but I'd be worried it had already been addressed in the previous 130 pages. So instead I'll add something that I know has been addressed previously and say how much I enjoyed the game and thank everyone involved.

I found it entirely by accident about a week ago; I thought I'd gotten pretty jaded about tearjerker stories but Katawa Shoujo really got under my skin, in a good way. Lily's character and storyline especially got to me; never thought I'd be jealous of a fictitious kid with a heart condition, but there you have it.

So thanks for making this, thanks for making it freely available to anyone, and thanks a lot for making a grown man choke up a little, ya jerks. Best of luck in your future endeavors.
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

Is there any persistent fan misconception about KS or the devs that you wish would (pardon the expression, Hanako fans) die in a fire?
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

ProfAllister wrote:Is there any persistent fan misconception about KS or the devs that you wish would (pardon the expression, Hanako fans) die in a fire?

Good question.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

ProfAllister wrote:Is there any persistent fan misconception about KS or the devs that you wish would (pardon the expression, Hanako fans) die in a fire?
Well, we aren't generally the sort to get too bothered, but there's some things that come into mind. We used to correct the misconception that KS is a "4chan project" a lot, but I rarely see that anymore. Post-release, at least that 4LS has somehow split or disbanded (unfortunately spread by a blog post) is something that I've had to correct multiple times, as well as a large number of rumours about 4LS's internal relationships ("KS devs all hate each other"). I have the feeling that there's other stuff too, but nothing so blatantly wrong or important that it would've annoyed me too much.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Erenussocrates

Post by Erenussocrates »

Well, I'm gonna ask a bit disgusting and annoying yet realistic question now, then.

Ermm, how does Rin clean her butt after the toilet?
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

Erenussocrates wrote:Well, I'm gonna ask a bit disgusting and annoying yet realistic question now, then.

Not sure whether im breaking the rules by answering a question but come on, this is general knowledge
$50 says I live more South than all of you
Erenussocrates

Post by Erenussocrates »

I would've known if it was general knowledge, but thanks anyway, it's the first time I've seen something like that :P
Come to think of it, most probably she wouldn't be able to wipe after washing though.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

inquisitivenegro wrote:
Erenussocrates wrote:Well, I'm gonna ask a bit disgusting and annoying yet realistic question now, then.

Not sure whether im breaking the rules by answering a question but come on, this is general knowledge

Aaaah, don't remind me. I'd never encountered a multifunctional toilet before, and this scared the shit out of me my first night in Japan lol. All I wanted was to flush, and the damn bidet got half the door soaked.
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

1. That is not a toilet, it is a bidet.
2. The toilets come with an inbuilt fan, so no wiping is necessary if you're so inclined.
3. They also usually come with instructions in Japanese and English, so when in doubt, read before pushing any buttons.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

It was a toilet with a variety of buttons on the control panel to the side. They had pictures with accompanying Japanese subtitles. When I pressed the button I thought was correct, a stick extended from underneath the side of the bowl and shot a jet of water at the adjacent door. I'm not some illiterate moron, the instructions just weren't very clear.
Last edited by Pseudogenesis on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Hello. I've finished playing the game now. Thank you for the wonderful experience.
Here are some questions I feel compelled to ask about the production of this fascinating game.

In Emi's route, if you 'misstep' while visiting her house, is there a reason she grins sadistically? This one frame seems out of place while the rest of the game seems to interlock perfectly. It's almost like you wanted to use a different frame of Emi gritting her teeth and didn't have one - is this the case?

In Rin's route, is there any way to avoid blowing up in anger at Rin? Or is it simply destined to happen?

Is it possible to die from your heart condition at any time in the game? I understand it is possible to fall off a roof.

Are there any scenes in this game which are not listed as in the game until you discover them? I could have sworn I had seen all of Act 1 - and then, I stumbled across new scenes in it. I mean specifically 'Nc5xb3'. Are there other secrets?

How can you view the credits without clearing a route?

Does Rin shave, or is it natural? And if she does, HOW?

Why does Misha not play Risk? Risk with only 2 players is very boring.
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

Mirage_GSM wrote:1. That is not a toilet, it is a bidet.
2. The toilets come with an inbuilt fan, so no wiping is necessary if you're so inclined.
3. They also usually come with instructions in Japanese and English, so when in doubt, read before pushing any buttons.
Wait what I'm confused I thought nowadays the special toilet things also doubled as a bidet..like how cellphones can double as calculators O.o
$50 says I live more South than all of you
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Just look up the difference on wikipedia. This is not what this thread was made for.u
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
random

Post by random »

This question is for cpl_crud

Have you read (at least, made aware of) Brogurt's fanfic Mendacium?

Short summary: Post Good End Hanako cheats on Hisao

What are your thoughts on that?
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

random wrote:This question is for cpl_crud

Have you read (at least, made aware of) Brogurt's fanfic Mendacium?

Short summary: Post Good End Hanako cheats on Hisao

What are your thoughts on that?
Honesty I haven't, but I will put it on my reading list.

If you look up the interview I did with Shintai123 on YouTube you'll hear my standee on dan fiction... But give me a but to read this one.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money