Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

OtakuNinja

Re: Ask!

Post by OtakuNinja »

Aura wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:Question: Who named Rin's "neutral" end (you know which one I'm talking about) the neutral one? :?
Me, naturally.
And why is it the neutral one? :?
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Jwolf8

Post by Jwolf8 »

OtakuNinja wrote:
Jwolf8 wrote:This is a major question I've been wondering: Have you been considering turning this into a series or even a full length movie? If so, I WOULD LOVE TO VOICE ACT FOR YOU GUYS! Please let me know if you ever decide on doing so!

P.S. First playthrough... fell in love with Emi right away~
Read the FAQ, please.

Question: Who named Rin's "neutral" end (you know which one I'm talking about) the neutral one? :?

I did read the FAQ I saw nothing pertaining to my question on it
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Jwolf8 wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:
Jwolf8 wrote:This is a major question I've been wondering: Have you been considering turning this into a series or even a full length movie? If so, I WOULD LOVE TO VOICE ACT FOR YOU GUYS! Please let me know if you ever decide on doing so!

P.S. First playthrough... fell in love with Emi right away~
Read the FAQ, please.

Question: Who named Rin's "neutral" end (you know which one I'm talking about) the neutral one? :?

I did read the FAQ I saw nothing pertaining to my question on it

If someone says "Read the FAQ" then it usually means "No".

We are not animators nor TV producers, so to do so would be beyond our capabilities. Besides, I thought that this would have been pretty much covered by the "we're not doing any more with KS" answers in there.

Sorry to sound brash, but I am short on time today.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Jwolf8

Post by Jwolf8 »

Oh okay.... sorry I didn't see anything of the sort in the FAQ still... but thanks for letting me know anyway. But if you ever end up wanting to do more with Katawa Shoujo, I got a group who's more than willing to help.
ShazzBott

Post by ShazzBott »

Here my question for you lovely devs. Let's say the stars align in your favor and this game goes beyond expectations, winning awards,catching mainstream,people chanting the game and request more from the studio. What would your overall reactions be and would you reconsider the future of this project?
My motivation- Rin seizing the day, carefree, absent-minded, yet driven.
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

In the scene where you are invited to have tea with Lilly and hanako inside Lilly's bedroom, it looks like Lilly has her legs spread out. If that is so wouldn't her feet poke out the other end of the table?
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

ShazzBott wrote:Let's say the stars align in your favor and this game goes beyond expectations, winning awards,catching mainstream,people chanting the game and request more from the studio...
You mean even more than it has already?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

ShazzBott wrote:...would you reconsider the future of this project?
I don't know any more how to answer "no" in a way that will make it clear that we aren't planning on exceptions. Why did you think that asking would result in an answer different from the one given by crud two post above yours, or from the one given in the FAQs?
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

I'm just a bit curious...

Would there ever be the possibility to put KS into the hands of other developers as long as they give credit to each and every person responsible for the original material?

Let me elaborate a little. Say someone wants to make a game/visual novel taking place in the KS universe using the characters. As long as it has a disclaimer and credit is given to the staff, do you think KS could continue in the hands of different developers? Of course it would have to be discussed with the staff way before anything is done, but this is only an example.

I would like to know because if the staff doesn't want to do anything more with KS, I think allowing others to branch off from the endings would be a great opportunity to continue the story. I would also like to know because I was really upset when I heard that the creators of KS were not doing anything more with the game.

And of course these projects from other people would not be considered canon. They'd be fan-made stories. Much like many fan-made comics using famous cartoon/video game characters such as DBZ or Sonic. (First examples that come into my head)

I'd completely understand if the staff would prefer KS not to be meddled with by other developers, but It's just a sad though knowing KS is done forever.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

OtakuNinja wrote:
Aura wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:Question: Who named Rin's "neutral" end (you know which one I'm talking about) the neutral one? :?
Me, naturally.
And why is it the neutral one? :?
Bad and good were already taken and I guess it was the first word that came to my mind? The game itself doesn't call the endings anything so it didn't matter to me. The fandom has this (in my opinion) bizarre fixation on labeling the endings as something or the other, which is hard to respond to because it's something that doesn't matter at all to me. I specifically wrote the endings in my story to be accessible to different interpretations, I've seen arguments for both act 4 endings in Rin's story to be the "good" one, while in my opinion neither is good or bad. In some discussions we used to call them the "happy end" and "unhappy end" which might better reflect the distinction between the two
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

ShazzBott wrote:Here my question for you lovely devs. Let's say the stars align in your favor and this game goes beyond expectations, winning awards,catching mainstream,people chanting the game and request more from the studio. What would your overall reactions be and would you reconsider the future of this project?
What you describe more or less has already happened. KS's popularity is far beyond anyone's expectations and people are practically begging us to do more KS. Let's just say that alone isn't enough to sway our hearts.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

KeiichiO wrote:I'm just a bit curious...

Would there ever be the possibility to put KS into the hands of other developers as long as they give credit to each and every person responsible for the original material?

Let me elaborate a little. Say someone wants to make a game/visual novel taking place in the KS universe using the characters. As long as it has a disclaimer and credit is given to the staff, do you think KS could continue in the hands of different developers? Of course it would have to be discussed with the staff way before anything is done, but this is only an example.

I would like to know because if the staff doesn't want to do anything more with KS, I think allowing others to branch off from the endings would be a great opportunity to continue the story. I would also like to know because I was really upset when I heard that the creators of KS were not doing anything more with the game.

And of course these projects from other people would not be considered canon. They'd be fan-made stories. Much like many fan-made comics using famous cartoon/video game characters such as DBZ or Sonic. (First examples that come into my head)

I'd completely understand if the staff would prefer KS not to be meddled with by other developers, but It's just a sad though knowing KS is done forever.
Extremely unlikely. There would have to be a VERY convincing reason, and "so that there can be more KS" is not a reason at all. If we came to think that it'd be a good idea to have more KS, we'd do it ourselves. Also, we are totally fine with most forms of non-canon fan material already, maybe simply go write or read some KS fanfiction?
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Aura wrote:Extremely unlikely. There would have to be a VERY convincing reason, and "so that there can be more KS" is not a reason at all. If we came to think that it'd be a good idea to have more KS, we'd do it ourselves. Also, we are totally fine with most forms of non-canon fan material already, maybe simply go write or read some KS fanfiction?
I wasn't really thinking of doing it myself. I like reading other peoples work more than writing my own. And the fan-fictions do give me my basic supply of KS material. But it's not exactly the same without the visuals. (But mostly knowing that it's not official material bugs me) It's still great to read other peoples ideas, and if that's how it's gonna be, I can say I'm okay with that; and I'll probably give making a fanfic a go.

As for a sequel to KS, I will try and get that out of my mind, but one can hope, right?

Also, looking at your avatar Aura is a huge tease. Seeing a character that appears once, and never shows up again just fills my mind with possibilities! :lol: Whatever, I'm happy with what I got. Really.
tommo1982

Post by tommo1982 »

KeiichiO wrote:
Aura wrote:Extremely unlikely. There would have to be a VERY convincing reason, and "so that there can be more KS" is not a reason at all. If we came to think that it'd be a good idea to have more KS, we'd do it ourselves. Also, we are totally fine with most forms of non-canon fan material already, maybe simply go write or read some KS fanfiction?
I wasn't really thinking of doing it myself. I like reading other peoples work more than writing my own. And the fan-fictions do give me my basic supply of KS material. But it's not exactly the same without the visuals. (But mostly knowing that it's not official material bugs me) It's still great to read other peoples ideas, and if that's how it's gonna be, I can say I'm okay with that; and I'll probably give making a fanfic a go.

As for a sequel to KS, I will try and get that out of my mind, but one can hope, right?

Also, looking at your avatar Aura is a huge tease. Seeing a character that appears once, and never shows up again just fills my mind with possibilities! :lol: Whatever, I'm happy with what I got. Really.
A single glance at Hollywood's 2nd, 3rd, n-th installment of a movie is enough to understand why there are no plans for more KS. I for once, after reading through the reasons, am entirely grateful there won't be any KS sequel. There story is good as it is, if I want more I will just imagine it. You know ... "imagination" ... it's something everyone has. You can use it to make up stories and all.
Silentcook wrote:
ShazzBott wrote:...would you reconsider the future of this project?
I don't know any more how to answer "no" in a way that will make it clear that we aren't planning on exceptions. Why did you think that asking would result in an answer different from the one given by crud two post above yours, or from the one given in the FAQs?
Beat them with a stick :mrgreen:
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

You could always put out a troll KS2. You know, 20 slides, everyone dies in a horrible accident, done.

There, sequel done, everyone shut up now? :P
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.