Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: Ask!

Post by Silentcook »

It was always meant to be the way it is. If you go back enough, you'll eventually find scrapped scenes nearly everywhere, but if you go back enough you're really looking at a story that's completely different from the one you're reading now.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Aura wrote:If you count the really early development (pre-4LS), the amount of contributors is in the hundreds due to how KS began, as an open project from 4chan's /a/ board. But after 4LS was formed, off the top of my head, in addition to the 21 people in the credits there's 8 other people I can remember that were part of the project at some point so crud's number is very accurate.
8 people involved that aren't in the credits? Why did they get left out?
Not Dead Yet
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Oddball wrote: 8 people involved that aren't in the credits? Why did they get left out?
For the ones I can remember, it's because they either a) produced no material, or b) because they produced no usable material. There were, for example, a handful of artists and musicians early on who only made roughs or concept art which are in no way reflected in the final product.
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

This is probably one of the weirder questions I've asked, but why does Katawa Shoujo's interface use this color scheme?

I feel like it's meant to evoke something, but I'm not really clear on what exactly that's supposed to be. Graphite on wood?
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

i don't know if this is the right place to ask, but i don't know where else, i'm curious as to why hideaki was made to look somewhat like a clown, with that outfit seeing how he is a guy and all, star stockings, hair ribbon, some kinda neck ribbon, anyway nothing a guy would wear i guess, any particular reason behind him being so different then the other characters?
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Leaty wrote:This is probably one of the weirder questions I've asked, but why does Katawa Shoujo's interface use this color scheme?

I feel like it's meant to evoke something, but I'm not really clear on what exactly that's supposed to be. Graphite on wood?
delta wrote:
Comrade wrote:What's with this yellowish colorscheme?
More specifically, who chose it and why?
I did that. Originally it was going to be surgical appliance pink, but my monitor at that time was badly calibrated so it ended up more beige than pink. The next prototype played around with old anatomy manuals scans, which fit the paper look nicely, but people thought it was too gruesome. But it just so happened that at the time we didn't have any good production art, only sketches, so I threw those in and decided that those fitted the paper look just as well, the rest of the UI (fonts, textures, lines etc) ended up being built around it. We never ended up changing it. I am not sure I like it a whole lot anymore, but that's probably from looking at it for 5+ years. At least it doesn't look extremely generic, only a little.

Here.

EDIT: I have one... Why do I have the function to report my own posts?
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Comrade wrote:

Here.

EDIT: I have one... Why do I have the function to report my own posts?
Because guilt is a powerful tool, and our moderators... I honestly don't know if they still exist...
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Kibaro wrote:i don't know if this is the right place to ask, but i don't know where else, i'm curious as to why hideaki was made to look somewhat like a clown, with that outfit seeing how he is a guy and all, star stockings, hair ribbon, some kinda neck ribbon, anyway nothing a guy would wear i guess, any particular reason behind him being so different then the other characters?
I would like to know that too.
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
Atario

Post by Atario »

On the topic of Rin's arm-stubs. We only ever see them during her final H-scene; whereas with Emi, for example, we see her leg-stubs at a few different times, including outside of H-scenes. Even Rin's "nude" sprites have her draped in a shirt. Was there any conscious (or subconscious?) decision to minimize showing them? If so, why?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

ArcCain wrote:
Kibaro wrote:i don't know if this is the right place to ask, but i don't know where else, i'm curious as to why hideaki was made to look somewhat like a clown, with that outfit seeing how he is a guy and all, star stockings, hair ribbon, some kinda neck ribbon, anyway nothing a guy would wear i guess, any particular reason behind him being so different then the other characters?
Because we let the artists design him.
Hein

Post by Hein »

Why, when Emi's REALLY mad at you, does it just look like she's giving you a sly smile? It really took me out of it when she blew up at Hisao and she just gives him that sly, playful look. (EDIT: Although I really liked the Emi route :) )
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

TheHivemind wrote:
ArcCain wrote:
Because we let the artists design him.
The artists are freaking awesome then ^_^
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Hein

Post by Hein »

I wish the artist's would have given her a really serious/angry look instead of that cute sly smile she gives you. EDIT: lol this http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/366941-katawa-shoujo
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Atario wrote:On the topic of Rin's arm-stubs. We only ever see them during her final H-scene; whereas with Emi, for example, we see her leg-stubs at a few different times, including outside of H-scenes. Even Rin's "nude" sprites have her draped in a shirt. Was there any conscious (or subconscious?) decision to minimize showing them? If so, why?
No.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

How did Misha(Shizune?) knew what Hisao was thinking in "Smalltalk" (Act 1, day 2)?

God magic?
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014