Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Kibaro

Re: Ask!

Post by Kibaro »

not even if it's for strictly personal use and nothing else? :-?
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Aura wrote:Right eye: the colour of television tuned to a dead channel.
Left eye: the colour of heartbreak.

I always knew you were sexy.

Slightly unrelated, my daughter has heterochromia. It is awesome.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Atario wrote:Conversely from my previous question: have there been any outside criticisms of the game that have gotten under the skins of any of the devs? If so, what were they?
It seems odd, but when people wordle'd Hanako's path, I was shocked to see how much I used "just" and "like" in my writing.

I now consciously avoid it, even in emails/spoken communication. I used to do a lot of the old "I've just come back from so-and-so" or "I'm just going to the shops.."

I blame the countryside, and my year 7 English teacher that wanted everything to be a simile.

------
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest Poster wrote:Game assets are the visual and audio components the game consists of.

Generally:

- backgrounds
- sprites
- cg's
- logo's
- music
It also does include the script, which is in fact a big deal (except probably not for this specific thing)
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
brythain

Post by brythain »

Aura wrote:It also does include the script, which is in fact a big deal (except probably not for this specific thing)
Hmm; I write fanfic and sometimes quote parts of the script (e.g. character lines) to make it 'fit' in. Is that ok?
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

I noticed in the config file, there's an option for developer mode, but setting it to true doesn't seem to change anything. Was it removed from the final release? Is there a secret code to activate it or something?
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Notguest wrote:I noticed in the config file, there's an option for developer mode, but setting it to true doesn't seem to change anything. Was it removed from the final release? Is there a secret code to activate it or something?
are you hoping them to admit that?
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Notguest wrote:I noticed in the config file, there's an option for developer mode, but setting it to true doesn't seem to change anything. Was it removed from the final release? Is there a secret code to activate it or something?
It was a mode that let you skip masses of text so you could get to choices etc for testing. Nothing secret. Can you imagine recompiling the game and then having to read or skip to the last credits scene?

------
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

Did you guys had a idea in mind when writing the story for the girls, any inspirations that influenced how the story turned out? Why for example Rin's story would be about how to express herself & her art or Emi's about her nightmares & running, etc.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

1. how do you imagined Lilly's eyes? orinetal shaped or western shaped?
2. the site keeps bugging out for me like really long loads, errors and stuff like that do you know why this is happening?
3. how much do you like chocolate from 1-10 and what kind?:D
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

ogorhan wrote:Did you guys had a idea in mind when writing the story for the girls, any inspirations that influenced how the story turned out? Why for example Rin's story would be about how to express herself & her art or Emi's about her nightmares & running, etc.
This is a slightly differently shaped "Where do you get your ideas" question, which artists and writers traditionally hate because there's no real answer that doesn't sound dismissive or hostile towards the question. I asked Neil Gaiman to write an answer for you: http://www.neilgaiman.com/p/Cool_Stuff/ ... r_ideas%3F

tl;dr. Yes, we had an idea, many ideas in fact. We made them up, out of our heads. There's no single source or simply explainable reason for most of them.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Kibaro wrote:1. how do you imagined Lilly's eyes? orinetal shaped or western shaped?
2. the site keeps bugging out for me like really long loads, errors and stuff like that do you know why this is happening?
3. how much do you like chocolate from 1-10 and what kind?:D
1. Anime shaped, as depicted in the art
2. If you mean the forums, likely server troubles because I'm getting that too.
3. About 6.
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

Aura wrote: 1. Anime shaped, as depicted in the art
2. If you mean the forums, likely server troubles because I'm getting that too.
3. About 6.
oh sorry i meant if (yeah this sounds weird) Lilly was real, the others are all clrealy japanese, Lilly is half scottish so yeah, she has blonde hair which japanese don't rreally have naturally, so i was wondering how her eyes would be IRL, just a presumption cause i know she never will exist:)) just curiosity:)
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

When was the last time you (devs) played all of Katawa Shoujo, start to finish?
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

ArcCain wrote:When was the last time you (devs) played all of Katawa Shoujo, start to finish?
I'm going to go out on a limb and answer "never" for pretty much everyone.

------