Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Ciclo

Re: Ask!

Post by Ciclo »

blank
Last edited by Ciclo on Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Cossack Commissar

Post by Cossack Commissar »

TheHivemind wrote:
Cossack Commissar wrote:Hello, i'm new to the forums, but i'd like to ask: Has KS had any resounding effect on the developers'/creators' lives? I know it hasn't had much of a positive financial effect (as it's free for download), but has it in any other way?
It has made me depressed, because I will now forever be associated with lemon-scented lube.
Well... It's not that bad... sort of
Best girl: Image
Bara

Post by Bara »

TheHivemind wrote:
Cossack Commissar wrote:Hello, i'm new to the forums, but i'd like to ask: Has KS had any resounding effect on the developers'/creators' lives? I know it hasn't had much of a positive financial effect (as it's free for download), but has it in any other way?
It has made me depressed, because I will now forever be associated with lemon-scented lube.
Yep, change your name, move out of town and try to hide from that one scene. :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
turbulentDuvet

Post by turbulentDuvet »

Would it be possibleto get a sticky post somewhere with links to other works from the 4LS team? Or possibly other projects that they are working on apart from 4LS?
People are like chemicals, they only need to come together once and they can change eachother forever.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Ciclo wrote:After reading an earlier post, a question had sprouted in my mind. Since you guys had to play through the game so many times during testing, did you ever get sick of playing it? Were you ever genuinely bored of the game during its testing period?
I wouldn't say bored, but I certainly sometimes got sick of going over the script over and over throughout the development.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

turbulentDuvet wrote:Would it be possibleto get a sticky post somewhere with links to other works from the 4LS team? Or possibly other projects that they are working on apart from 4LS?
The blog frontpage has links to our two other VNs, I'll consider putting some sort of consolidated "follow 4LS devs" thing somewhere, though we kind of dislike stalkers (as we call our fans <3 )
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Bi-Polar Hernandez

Post by Bi-Polar Hernandez »

TheHivemind wrote:

Wasn't it lemon-flavored?
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

Bi-Polar Hernandez wrote:...

Yes.

Actually it might've been both.

...er, Hivemind, was there any particular reason for you choosing lemons, specifically?
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
Bi-Polar Hernandez wrote:...

Yes.

Actually it might've been both.

...er, Hivemind, was there any particular reason for you choosing lemons, specifically?
You'll have to ask Silentcook. I didn't ever say it was lemon, m'self.
Mysterious Stranger

TheHivemind wrote:You'll have to ask Silentcook. I didn't ever say it was lemon, m'self.
Ah, well then.
Mysterious Stranger wrote:...er, Silentcook, was there any particular reason for you choosing lemons, specifically?
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Well, if you insist on knowing...

Originally Hive had written the Infamous Lube as K-Y jelly. It was not a good idea to have that in KS since it would have invoked a brand name, which is something to be avoided if at all possible, plus a probable reality check failure.

Therefore, the change to the innocuously-generic "personal lubricant". But I found that a little lacking. By itself it was, well... boring. What to do?

Enter the "what the Hell, why not" moment.

I wasn't inspired by that link, I had known of the implications of the word for a long time. The rest, as they say, is history. :mrgreen:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

themocaw

Post by themocaw »

So. . . who was the artist for that infamous scene, and how do they feel about "Emi's anal face" going memetic?
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Silentcook wrote:Well, if you insist on knowing...

Originally Hive had written the Infamous Lube as K-Y jelly. It was not a good idea to have that in KS since it would have invoked a brand name, which is something to be avoided if at all possible, plus a probable reality check failure.

Therefore, the change to the innocuously-generic "personal lubricant". But I found that a little lacking. By itself it was, well... boring. What to do?

Enter the "what the Hell, why not" moment.

I wasn't inspired by that link, I had known of the implications of the word for a long time. The rest, as they say, is history. :mrgreen:
Really?

Man I completely was unaware of this. WE ALL LEARNED SOMETHING NEW TODAY, GUYS.
asdf12452

Post by asdf12452 »

I always thought Lemon is a reference to the Lemon party. :roll:

Though, is there any reference you think most people missed? Or any interesting easter eggs?
Mysterious Stranger

asdf12452 wrote:I always thought Lemon is a reference to the Lemon party. :roll:

Though, is there any reference you think most people missed? Or any interesting easter eggs?
Asking the devs to point out easter eggs kind of ruins the purpose of easter eggs.