Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Daggett

Re: Ask!

Post by Daggett »

I have gotten 100% completion, but in the "Gallery" section under "Extras" the very last scene, the one after the one with all the on screen pop up things, is still blank. Am I missing some secret scene? Or is it meant to be like that?

Thank you for making this game by the way.
Individuality's fine... As long as we all do it together.
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Daggett wrote:I have gotten 100% completion, but in the "Gallery" section under "Extras" the very last scene, the one after the one with all the on screen pop up things, is still blank. Am I missing some secret scene? Or is it meant to be like that?

You gotta see all the endings. Good, bad and neutral alike. Then you'll unlock the last CG.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Erthel

Post by Erthel »

Why is there a blackboard in the visual disabled classroom?
Out-All Knight

Post by Out-All Knight »

A small question but what medium were the staff storing all the scenario scripts in the game and how large are they?

Also, How is it possible for Misha to have those Boingy Drills of hers?
A great hairstylist?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

extremepiwy wrote:This is my question to all of the writers for KS.

How far ahead to you plan for your route when you first started? Did you already have the plot,climax and ending sorted out or was it like a "plan as you go" method"?
It varied from writer to writer, but as a rule of thumb we had everything planned out ahead. I was one of the more methodical writers, and had a very detailed plan for the Rin path before I started actually writing.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

sonyslayer wrote:Why does hisao look so derpy in the shizune route. :?
Moekki likes him that way.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Erthel wrote:Why is there a blackboard in the visual disabled classroom?
When the class misbehaves, the teacher punishes them by scratching it with her fingernails.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Out-All Knight wrote:A small question but what medium were the staff storing all the scenario scripts in the game and how large are they?

Also, How is it possible for Misha to have those Boingy Drills of hers?
A great hairstylist?
Medium? If you mean file format, they are .rpy files because that's what Ren'py uses for its file extension. The game script files put together are something of the order of 3.5MB or so, but a whole bunch of that is the game direction scripting.

Misha makes hair product companies happy in the pants.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:
Daggett wrote:I have gotten 100% completion, but in the "Gallery" section under "Extras" the very last scene, the one after the one with all the on screen pop up things, is still blank. Am I missing some secret scene? Or is it meant to be like that?

You gotta see all the endings. Good, bad and neutral alike. Then you'll unlock the last CG.
Specifically, you're probably missing Lilly's bad ending, which is just her good ending cut short, so you have 100%, but not all the endings.
Smoky

Post by Smoky »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:Specifically, you're probably missing Lilly's bad ending, which is just her good ending cut short, so you have 100%, but not all the endings.
Or the slow recovery scene, since that one is missed often as well.
"Maybe people like butterfly vomit." - Rin
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:

Specifically, you're probably missing Lilly's bad ending, which is just her good ending cut short, so you have 100%, but not all the endings.
You're either missing Lilly's bad (neutral) ending, or Emi's bad ending, both of which are the only endings that don't have actual separate scenes.
Smoky wrote:Or the slow recovery scene, since that one is missed often as well.
He wouldn't have 100% if he was missing Slow Recovery.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
Daggett

Post by Daggett »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:

That's what is was. Thank you. Not to sound stupid, but I was thinking that Lily didn't have a bad end.
Individuality's fine... As long as we all do it together.
Out-All Knight

Post by Out-All Knight »

Is it possible to transfer the save states of your original slots in the game? (Like transfering to another PC and installing Katawa Shoujo)

Also, Is there a Girl in one of your staffs?
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Out-All Knight wrote:Is it possible to transfer the save states of your original slots in the game? (Like transfering to another PC and installing Katawa Shoujo)
The game's save data is located in "C:\Users\<Account Name>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\katawashoujo_actual". So if you copy that folder to your new machine, all your save states should be intact.
Out-All Knight wrote:Also, Is there a Girl in one of your staffs?
Here's a dev blog post giving some info on all (or most?) of the developers. Moekki, kamifish, Pimmy, and Weee are female. I believe they all worked as artists.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Out-All Knight

Post by Out-All Knight »

Mirrormn wrote:
Out-All Knight wrote:Is it possible to transfer the save states of your original slots in the game? (Like transfering to another PC and installing Katawa Shoujo)
The game's save data is located in "C:\Users\<Account Name>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\katawashoujo_actual". So if you copy that folder to your new machine, all your save states should be intact.
Out-All Knight wrote:Also, Is there a Girl in one of your staffs?
Here's a dev blog post giving some info on all (or most?) of the developers. Moekki, kamifish, Pimmy, and Weee are female. I believe they all worked as artists.
Much thanks to you Mirrormoon!