Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Re: Ask!

Post by Guest »

Is discussion regarding the leaked Alpha script on /vg/ allowed here?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

random wrote:Speaking of Tanabata, how come only Shizune's route had it?
The rest of us didn't want to write about it or couldn't fit it in.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest wrote:Is discussion regarding the leaked Alpha script on /vg/ allowed here?
No
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Out-All Knight wrote:How's your standing with your game's fans?
As you can see from the linked post, I think fans are both great and weird.
txalolrn9

Post by txalolrn9 »

how tempted were you guys to allude to the "gimme the chocolate, hisao!" joke?
It only hurts when I breathe
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

On a scale from 1 to 10? Probably in the negatives.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Forgive me if this has been answered before, but this forum has a huge number of posts and while i could derive entertainment from reading old ones, my modem makes some dial up connections look fast and isn't exactly reliable, so i'll just come out with it and hope it goes through:

How long have Lilly and Hanako known each other? While some of Lilly's lines seem to imply they became friends during the start of the year before Hisao arrived, but other lines imply they knew each other at the very least the year before since Lilly mentions trying to reach out to Hanako during her 17th birthday but it ultimately failing. Did they know each other and just become good friends when they became neighbors, or did Lilly just know old tales about Hanako's behavior?

Oh, and one more question: why did Misha wear the Bush Cheney shirt when the international community and a decent chunk of Americans were ashamed of governor Bush and Darth Baby Eater? Did she even know what the shirt said or is there an Apollo Justice style twist where Misha is actually the sensually challenged one and Shizune is screwing with a blind friend?
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
ok23

Post by ok23 »

Cheney's lesbian daughter joke, perhaps?
yummines

Post by yummines »

I don't know where exactly to ask this, so I'm posting this here.

I'm thinking of making a fan-game of Katawa Shoujo based around the premise of Yume Nikki (i.e. exploring and finding effects. its still in idea phase, i'll iron out the details later).
obviously i wont use images and music ripped directly from the game. however if i make chiptune or remixed versions of songs from the game, can i use them?
Erenussocrates

Post by Erenussocrates »

Aura wrote:As you can see from the linked post, I think fans are both great and weird.
Come on Aura-chan, you are just shy :3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am really curious about who wrote Kenji's text.
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

Aura, Is there any background info that you established for Sae and Nomiya that didn't make it into the final game? They seem like they've led interesting lives.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
Hi!

Post by Hi! »

First, can I say Katawa Shoujo is an absolutely wonderful game, which I enjoyed immensely.

I did have a lot of questions, but they seem to be mostly answered over the previous 130 pages, but one thing did seem to be skirted around and not asked directly:

Legally speaking, given Hanakos mental problems, can she actually consent to sex?
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

A person incompetent to consent to a sexual relationship would be someone who doesn't understand what is happening. When you think of people who can't give consent you think of the developmentally challenged like low functioning Downs Syndrome patients, the severely autistic, or maybe someone with an unstable mental state like a paranoid schizophrenic not being given treatment. You do not think of a shy girl with anxiety issues! Seriously, that implication pisses me off when a lot of the Hanako arc revolves around her NOT being as badly off as people seem to think and not needing nor wanting protection.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Pyramid Head wrote:Forgive me if this has been answered before, but this forum has a huge number of posts and while i could derive entertainment from reading old ones, my modem makes some dial up connections look fast and isn't exactly reliable, so i'll just come out with it and hope it goes through:

How long have Lilly and Hanako known each other? While some of Lilly's lines seem to imply they became friends during the start of the year before Hisao arrived, but other lines imply they knew each other at the very least the year before since Lilly mentions trying to reach out to Hanako during her 17th birthday but it ultimately failing. Did they know each other and just become good friends when they became neighbors, or did Lilly just know old tales about Hanako's behavior?
Iirc they know each other all the way from their first year at the school, but I might misremember.
Pyramid Head wrote:Oh, and one more question: why did Misha wear the Bush Cheney shirt when the international community and a decent chunk of Americans were ashamed of governor Bush and Darth Baby Eater? Did she even know what the shirt said or is there an Apollo Justice style twist where Misha is actually the sensually challenged one and Shizune is screwing with a blind friend?
Misha doesn't care about politics, she just likes the shirt.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

yummines wrote:I don't know where exactly to ask this, so I'm posting this here.

I'm thinking of making a fan-game of Katawa Shoujo based around the premise of Yume Nikki (i.e. exploring and finding effects. its still in idea phase, i'll iron out the details later).
obviously i wont use images and music ripped directly from the game. however if i make chiptune or remixed versions of songs from the game, can i use them?
I think that would be okay.